A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 1: Let's get out of here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:24 pm

Fluffle is so stunned by this revelation, he can't even respond. Bubble however quickly recovers from the shock and locks her eyes on Konrad, glaring at him. She gets right in his face and with a shaky voice, she begins to berate him.

"Listen mister! You don't talk to my brother like that! Or any of my siblings!" Her fingers form into a fist and small flames begin to form around her. "'Cause if you insult one of us, you're insulting all of us. And last time someone did, a hundred fairies went after him! Got it!?"

Her hair have suddenly turned into fire, and the pupils of her eyes are now red.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:29 pm

Mihai raises a hand diplomatically - "Bubble, calm down. He..." - he searches for the right words - "...is upset."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:49 pm

He turns his face toward her and leans in until he can feel the heat coming off of her. "So the next time I say that one of your friends is as raw as a sack of potatoes and isn't worthy of someone I consider precious, you're going to run me down in the street while the whole world's watching? I don't have time for this, Bubble. Right now, Breeze is sitting helpless in a cage. If you don't care about that, then I'm completely at peace with burning the bridge between us."

Charisma 17


Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 10:50 pm

Mihai abandons all subtlety. He pulls Konrad back hard, away from Bubble, and barks firmly - "Konrad, pipe the fuck down!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:24 pm

Bubble doesn't even register what Mihai says. Instead, her eyes literally flare up and balls of flames form around her fists. This is when Fluffle puts his hand on his sister's shoulder.

"Bubble!" he says urgently."Be careful, you're going to burn your clothes."

"Uh?" The little fairy turns instantly back into her normal self, as if the fire was never there to begin with. "But he said-!"

Fluffle sighs. "That's not important right now. Breeze has been kidnapped by mean people. And I have to help her."

"...Yeah. You're right." Her shoulders slump. The news have finally hit her. "I'm sorry. Yeah, that's way more important."

Amber lets out a sigh of relief. For all of this time, she wasn't sure what to do or what to say. Fluffle flies down to the ground and picks up the bar of soap that has fallen to the ground.

"Here," he says while handing the gift back to his sister. "There's some dust on it."

"...That's okay. I'll take care of it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

Mihai steps forward - "I don't know why they took her yet, but we'll get her back. I promise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:38 pm

Konrad pulls himself free and raises a pointed finger, but is cut off by Fluffle.

"There's a sensible notion. You are welcome to join us, if you can be of assistance."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:42 pm

Steve sighs in relief. "It will be good to work with you Fluffle. We need all the help we can get."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Wed 14 Mar 2018, 11:59 pm

Fluffle nods at the party members.

"You can count on me!" he declares confidently.

Bubble doesn't share his sentiment however. She looks at her brother with sad eyes while holding her bar of soap.

"But what about the others?" she asks while tightening her grasp on Konrad's gift. She lowers her gaze to the ground. "We need you here..."

"You can look after them while I'm gone, right?"

"...But not like you."

Fluffle approaches his sister and puts his hands on her shoulders.

"You'll do an awesome job!" he tells her with a smile. "And you'll be able to organize your Silly Hat festival."

Listening to him, Bubble can't help but chin up. She smiles back to him and says, "I will!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:01 am

"We'll get him back safe, don't worry."- he reassures her.


Last edited by K on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:02 am

"Are you modeling your Silly Hat festival after a fleet like I did or are you doing something else Bubble?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:05 am

Bubble turns to Mihai and seems to relax when he says those words. "Thanks," she replies with relief.

She then perks up at the mention of the festival. "Like yours of course!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:11 am

"Cool! Who did you name your Admiral Most Boisterous?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:15 am

"Oh, me! Obviously."

Fluffle shrugs, as if he was saying, "What can you do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:17 am

"Obviously." Steve agrees with a serious nod. "We'll need to do a coordinated fleet action after we are done rescuing our friends. Good luck to you, Admiral." Steve salutes her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:23 am

Bubble salutes him back and almost drops the bar of soap. "Carry on, Sailor Smiles."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:25 am

"Ma'am." Steve acknowledges with a nod before ending the salute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:27 am

"Fluffle, we're at Dock 9. We have a few things to take care of, then we'll be on our way. Meet us there when you're ready."


Last edited by K on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:29 am

The confrontation stirs a primal drive within the red mage. He flexes his fingers into his palms for a second, finding his center and focusing on everyone responsible for what's happened.

"Well then, shall we go, or do you want to say goodbye to everyone?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:35 am

"I should say goodbye to the others," Fluffle says. He then faces his sister. "Bubble, don't tell them the real reason I'm going."

"Uh?" his sister replies. "Why not?"

"Because some of them would try to come with us," he explains. "And that can't happen. Okay?"

"...Yeah. Yeah, you're right."

"Hey guys!"

The three fairies are finally back. The three of them are holding a huge basket by its handle, ready to take part in a buffet.

"Let's get those nuggets!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:36 am

Mihai raises his arm - "Give it here and lead the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:14 pm

The three fairies guide Mihai to the restaurant where he buys them the nuggets he promised. They are pleasantly surprised when he treats them with even more nuggets than what they were expecting, and they show their appreciation by taking turns to thank him and promising to share everything with all of their siblings.

Once this is done, the party sets out to sell a few armors they've collected in the hidden base, have a weaver make a Coins flag for the Vulcan and find a shipping company willing to hire them to transport cargo destined for Myr.

Lucky for them, the representative of the Western Islands Shipping company was searching for independent contractors to help with the company's expansion into the eastern market. While he was a little dubious about the party's resume, he deemed it sufficient enough to justify putting them to the test. He nevertheless asked for a tour of the Vulcan and a demonstration of the crew's capabilities. Satisfied by what he witnessed, he agreed to sign a contract with the party that stipulated they would bring a shipment of barrels -- containing beer -- to their corporate office in Odwaz. They would then be paid 75 gold pieces upon delivery.

It is now 2:25 PM and the Vulcan is ready to set sail for their next destination and Konrad's birthplace; Myr.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:41 pm

Konrad hugs the wheel closely for a moment, looking fondly toward his return to Myr and feeling a opaque shape pressing against his side beneath his coat. "We're coming, ladies. With any luck, we'll meet you halfway there."

He then begins to bark orders at the crew. "Hoist the anchor and give me full sail! We make for Odwaz!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:00 pm

"Yes captain!" Segel replies. He then turns towards the other fairies and begins to shout at one of them. "Booboo, stop floating like a leaf and let's ride the wind!"

"Y-yes sir! Got it!"

The fairy rejoins his team and the ship soon begins to drift away from the docks. It doesn't take long before the Vulcan is cruising at full speed on the waters of the western sea, bringing the party closer to their next goal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:07 pm

Mihai stands at the bow, facing the horizon. Glaring at it, more like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 1: Let's get out of here
Back to top 
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: