A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 1: Let's get out of here

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:32 pm

Steve looks visibly relieved to have his hat back. "Welcome home, old friend," he mutters to it.

Armed and ready, Steve turns to Mihai, "What now, boss?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:41 pm

Konrad brims with satisfaction at having everything he ever needs on him. His fighting gear, killing tools, and now the addition of toilet paper and anti-magic shackles.

"Hope I have everything. Let's just check the pockets again..." He frisks himself for anything that might have been lost.

"Ah, there, everything in place... Well, what do you think, my friend?" His reply to Steve is accompanied by the unsheathing of his fancy blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:49 pm

Amber takes the knife, apprehensive at first but quickly getting used to it, and then the longswords.

Konrad finds out that he isn't missing anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 10:59 pm

Mihai pauses for a second at being called that again, especially because of what it reminds him of - "We need information, so we need them alive - sorry Konrad, i couldn't find a Baton for you. I'll go ahead and see if they're talking about anything worth hearing, but i'm not planning on wasting much time. When i give the signal, Steve moves up."

He looks at Steve - "Ice or Water Magic, we don't want to risk burning anything written they may have over there. At least payback will be a bitch."

He then looks between the party again - "Once Steve in in position, or if i hear them getting suspicious, i'll open the door and Steve fires a blast. I bust in, Konrad moves up. Everyone else comes no closer than they have to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:02 pm

"Uh, Mihai?" Amber is holding the longswords with difficulty. "They're heavy. Can I just show off now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:03 pm

Mihai sighs - "Yeah, you're right. Besides Steve saw my memories a few months back and the first thing in there was you, so... Just get farther back. Light could travel a bit more than we want to."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:04 pm

Konrad gives Mihai an exaggerated "what can you do?" shrug. It's not genuine. "The two of you might fare better at the talking than me, for now. I'll try not to kill everyone." You're pretty sure he means what he said.

He gives the kid an odd look. Why didn't she answer before?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:15 pm

"Okay," she says as she walks towards the end of the room.

Amber then frowns, focusing on something only she can see, until suddenly everyone can hear the distinctive sound of magic fizzling. The energy spirals into the air right in front of Amber, and in a matter of a few seconds, coalesces into her own silhouette, but made of the Element of Light. It's like another version of Amber, although this one has long hair and no clothes. Her skin is translucent and she is emanating white light.

"Hey Sunny," the teenager greets her. "Can you hold onto this for me?"

"Okay," the aspect replies.

"Thanks."

The being of light takes the swords and then disappears into thin air along with them. It's like if Amber's counterpart was never there to begin with.

"Let's go!" Amber says with a big grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:24 pm

"Wow," Steve says with wonder in his eyes. "It's way different experiencing it firsthand."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:30 pm

"Well now, the tide rises higher still. Your friend will be very useful in our escape, young miss." After saying that, Konrad prepares to follow the plan. "It was nice to see one appear, this time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:35 pm

"Let's go then."

Before moving ahead, he whispers to Konrad - "I want to gut them down to a man and leave them to rot. But we've all got to make sacrifices today."

Mihai moves ahead, but takes a small detour to check the door on the right hallway before proceeding.

Awareness 28

Stealth 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:45 pm

Mihai moves up to the intersection.

To his left is where Amber came from. The hallway is 20 feet wide, and it slightly goes up. Very far in the distance, he can see a large gate, probably made of iron.

In front of him is a hallway still plunged in darkness. He has no idea how far it goes.

To his right is another large hallway. The first door on the left is where the occasional laughs can be heard from. Further beyond that, a new hallway appears. And the very end of the hallway are a set of two large wooden doors.

Torches illuminate the path.
_____________

Amber waits with the others. She whispers, "Ugh. You two stink like oil."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:51 pm

"Yeah, I tried taking us all hostage when the bad guys put everyone else to sleep," Steve whispers matter-of-factly back.

Stealth: Natural 1 for a total of 4


Last edited by Kolson on Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:53 pm

Mihai follows the laughter down to a double door. He leans close, trying to pick up on what they're saying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Sun 25 Feb 2018, 11:57 pm

Konrad gives Steve the stink-eye. "Yes...that did seem like something you'd do. Let's just be glad their leader still wanted us alive."

DM asked for Stealth roll: Natural 1 for a total of -2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:19 am

Amber blinks at Steve's statement, not sure whether to take him seriously or not. She does remember the silly hats after all.
_____________

Mihai eavesdrop on the guards. They are playing some kind of dice game judging by the sound they're making.

"I'm not passing," a woman announces.

"Really?" This is a man. Deep voice. "You've got only two dices left."

"Let her do it," another man adds. He chuckles.

"I'm telling you, you're going to bust."

This is when Steve and Konrad arrive at the intersection and somehow collide into each other. Mihai immediately knows what's up.

"What was that?" the woman says.

"Probably a damn skunk, lurking about. You closed the door, right?"

"Of course I did," a fourth person says. It's a man.

"Just go check it out," the woman orders.

"What, really?"

"Yes," everyone else replies.

The man sighs and gets up his chair. The other three resume their game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:20 am

Mihai flattens himself against the wall, ready to strike if the man sees him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:25 am

When Steve sees Mihai flatten himself against the wall he backs away from the intersection, putting his finger to his lips to indicate they should all be silent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:34 am

Remembering which way the armory door opened, Mihai is almost certain he'll be spotted if he stays that close, so he inches back a few feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:37 am

Konrad follows Steve's signs, laying flat against the wall next to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

The door opens from the inside, giving Mihai some cover. When it closes, the man is already walking down the hallway, towards the exit. He has a scale armor on and a mace at his belt. He seems to smell something particular.

"Ugh. The hell is that- Dammit, not a skunk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 12:51 am

Mihai walks up behind the man, waiting as long as possible before making his move, so he's as far away from the door as can be. When he's far enough but just before the guard would be able to see the party, he swings his arm around the man's throat in a chokehold.

Awareness 19

Stealth 28
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Mon 26 Feb 2018, 1:04 am

Mihai silently approaches the man and takes him completely by surprise. He attempts to chock him until he falls unconscious, but Mihai doesn't grab his opponent at the right place, and after a fierce struggle, the man breaks free and falls on his knees, gasping for air.

"Help!" he shouts.

OOC:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:42 am

There's a short battle between the party and the guards.

Dontdoit, Deep and Mace are all uncounscious and injured. Dice is holding her companion, Dontdoit, in the room where she was playing dices with her colleagues. She is fearful of the party, but has surrendered.

"Just... don't kill us."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:44 am

The Battle:
 

"We need to restrain you, but you'll be ok so long as you cooperate."


Last edited by K on Tue 27 Feb 2018, 12:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 1: Let's get out of here   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 1: Let's get out of here
Back to top 
Page 4 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: