A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:16 am

"Hi Femke. You caught us just in time, we were about to do some clothes shopping." The black mage smiles at her.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:24 am

Femke gazes at Steve for a short moment, but it's long enough to make it feel awkward.

"Of course," she says in a deadpan manner. She then refocuses her attention on the whole party. "I've learned that the last time the Barracuda was here was on February 28th of this year."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:26 am

Mihai is downright crestfallen - "Thanks, Femke. Good work." - he manages.

He walks off a few paces, to try and think. And brood.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:30 am

"...I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:34 am

"I see. So, Edward went to Emerald instead, damn." He shrugs. "Let's get some clothes anyway. I doubt they'll wait for him to be present to intervene here."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:35 am

Her empathy gives him pause for a moment, but he refocuses - "It's too early to say we've missed the mark. Ship could have docked elsewhere. Either way, i can't imagine Edward will let this pass. We need to get a layout of the candidates, and see who's the most likely target." - he considers something for a moment - "Or targets."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:38 am

"Best get our shopping over then so we can get started."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:39 am

"Fair point, Mihai. Yes, let's be on with it, shall we?"

On their way back to the market, Konrad asks a few well-dressed Myrzens, as well as people K Mihai points out, and asks them where they buy their clothes, or where they might buy something like what they have here in the market.

Gather Info 17
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:40 am

"Let's go."

Mihai walks off.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:41 am

"If you need my help, you will find me here," Femke informs them.

The party then heads into the Market District again.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:41 am

Mihai nods, and then walks off.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Mar 2018, 12:42 am

Steve waves goodbye to Femke and the fairies.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 9:35 pm

The party finds a small shop that offers a wide selection of clothes. Amber also finds an outfit she likes, and tells Mihai she'd prefer to buy it herself. She stuff her regular clothes in her backpack, but for some reasons, she refuses to buy new boots. Fluffle notices the hood she's now wearing and decides to hide in it.

"Sorry," he says to Steve. "It's just easier to breathe here."

It is now just past 10 o'clock and the streets are filled with people. It'll be hard to walk through the busiest parts of the city.

"So what do we do?" Amber asks.

Amber's clothes, minus the boots, gloves, bow, quiver and canteen:

Map:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 10:16 pm

"What we do is get a baseline read of the concerns of the locals and find out what's been making them tick this last week. Double up and go rumor-mongering. Steve, you're with me."

Gather Info (general/rumors) 22
2 hours, 1 floating in case it gets us more/better. Assisted by Steve. Mihai will be assisted by Amber.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

Steve attempts to help Konrad with asking around but keeps losing focus whenever he sees something or someone cool.

Aid Another Konrad's Gather Information Check 6
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

"Let's ask Femke to look into the Szefowie, while we see what else is sticking out of the rumor mill."

Mihai will do so.

Gather Information 13
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 11:29 pm

Konrad and Steve

The black mage attempts to help his companion gather information, but the exotic language of Myr keeps distracting him. That attractive lady in a blue outfit doesn't help either.

Konrad however manages to uncover interesting pieces of information.

The 14 Szefowie (leaders) of Myr have locked themselves under the Arena to discuss/argue about who should become the new First. They've been at it for the last two days. The recent revelation that the monster was responsible for the disappearances -- which have started at least two weeks ago -- has probably affected this summit. People are wondering if the Szefowie will hunt the monster down or let the Defenders (the local "police") handle it.

It is also believed that the Tournament may be postponed, which has raised some concerns among the merchants who have traveled to Odwaz for this one occasion. Some have thought about leaving the city and cutting their losses before the monster strikes again, while others are persuaded the Tournament will happen in the following days.

Furthermore, the administrator of the city, Anastazja Zawistowski, was seen leaving the Arena enraged. Everyone knows that she has the hardest job in Odwaz, and she has expressed her frustration before, but this is one of the few times she's been heard screaming.

One last thing; another corpse was found in the Market District this morning, close to the Den. The Defenders have tried to handle it as discreetly as possible, but it's obvious the Monster has struck again. This happened in an alley behind a brothel.

Mihai and Amber

The 14 Szefowie (leaders) of Myr have locked themselves under the Arena to discuss/argue about who should become the new First. They've been at it for the last two days. The recent revelation that the monster was responsible for the disappearances -- which have started at least two weeks ago -- has probably affected this summit. People are wondering if the Szefowie will hunt the monster down or let the Defenders (the local "police") handle it.

Another corpse was found in the Den this morning. The Defenders have tried to handle it as discreetly as possible, but it's obvious the Monster has struck again. This happened in an alley behind a brothel.

There's a man who calls himself the Rider of the Six who will host a seminar in the Den where he will teach men how best to approach women and gain their affection.

The owner of the Space Hamster, an inn in the Market District, has publicly been lamenting that his supplies of beer won't be enough to last the end of the Tournament, and has proclaimed that he will offer a great prize to anyone who helps him procure some.

Amber finds a poster on a board.

The Misty Catacombs, a new attraction for courageous adventurers who wish to face a real challenge! Overcome the deadly traps of the evil Dr. Gloom and rescue the fair maiden from his evil grasp! The fate of the world lies in your hands.

[An address for somewhere in the Fringes]

At around noon, the party reconvenes at the Vulcan, where Femke shares the information she gathered about the Swefowie. They are apparently still deciding who should participate in the Tournament, but this is only conjecture. They have locked themselves under the Arena, and as far she is aware, the only way to get to them is through the Defenders. She nonetheless learned the names of all 14 of the Szefowie, their political stance towards Myrzen politics and the classes of some of them.

The Szefowie, listed by the city they rule:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 11:44 pm

Mihai looks at the list, and his eyes stop on the candidate from Dziki - "Good work, Femke. We have our target."

Then he considers something aloud - "This doesn't mean he's the only threat. Other candidates could be hiding it."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 11:57 pm

"Konrad, is it true the Reformists want to nationalize pudding manufacture and make chocolate pudding the Myrzen national food?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2018, 11:58 pm

Amber raises an eyebrow. Femke keeps a straight face. Fluffle giggles.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2018, 12:00 am

Mihai is deep in thought.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2018, 12:00 am

Konrad nearly doubles over. "They want to centralize the structure and power of the governing bodies, but that analogy isn't far from the mark."

"I hope Anastazja wouldn't mind terribly to vent in front of strangers. Today seems like the best time for someone to get her talking about what's going on behind closed doors."

Konrad waits for Femke to be done, simply unable to take in all the candidates' names, combat readiness, and political stances in all at once. "Mmhmm. And which candidates are by far the most popular, would you say?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2018, 12:18 am

The Tyke woman ponders the question.

"There are many possible answers," she says. "But how it relates to the matter of succession, we would need to ask the Szefowie directly what they think of each other. The notable candidates I know of are; Zenon Duma, the protege of the previous First; Leopold Czelusniak, a very outspoken traditionalist; and Nadzieja Zerva, an orphan who was raised at the monastery where you first met my kind."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2018, 12:27 am

Only now Mihai makes the connection - "Nadia. The monks talked about her."

He scoffs at himself for not having realized it sooner.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2018, 12:40 am

"Well then, it looks like she's our insider once we solve the mystery. Other than that, until I hear something I like about her, I think we have our candidate. Shall we go see the body?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next