A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 1:29 am

"You're making fun of us?" one of the other women interjects. A inch taller than Konrad, she looks even more imposing with her half-plate armor on. The sword at her waist is well-crafted and judging by the many runes inscribed on the blade, it must have cost a little fortune. She can't be older than thirty years old, and her sharp cheekbones accentuate the aura of displeasure she's directing at Steve right now. "We've already heard about the ‘Devil’ of the Citadel and his childish pranks."

"Please, Angela." A man in plain clothes steps forward and raises his hands to appease her. "Even if he is pretending to not speak our language, I'm certain that he means no harm. And considering how Leopold welcomed him and his friends, I'm sure we can forgive him for this little joke. Right?"

He raises an expectant eyebrow at her. The heavily armored Szef grumbles, but refrains from making an improper remark. The man turns away from her and subtlety winks at Steve. Because of the scars on his face, it's somewhat difficult to gauge just how old he is, but he can't be older than 45 years old.

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 1:32 am

"Don't take it personal. He does that a lot but he's there when it counts."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 1:34 am

"Oh, my pranks are Myrzen famous. I'm flattered." He bows to them and cheekily winks at Angela. "I meant no disrespect to you, lady. Please, forgive me."

Spellcraft 16 to detect magic items and anyone using magic.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 1:44 am

"My, one of your former colleagues must have felt the need to tip off the clan leaders. I didn't realize you are so dreaded by those who witnessed your antics."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 1:46 am

"What can I say, I'm amazing." He's clearly joking.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:18 am

Angela Adamiak scoffs at Steve's apology and looks away for a moment.

"Ms. Zawistowski told us you would be assisting us," the first woman explains in an aloof manner. "We learned the rest with some research."

"You're Konrad?" Nadzieja Zerva, the monk from Nomad's Cove, interrupts the conversation. Her piercing blue eyes are set on the red mage. One look at her is enough to tell that she's probably younger than Steve. She styled her long raven hair in a braid, which is now resting on her shoulder, and her monk robe is identical to the ones her adopted family wore at the monastery. Her athletic frame indicates that she keeps herself in shape, and if it wasn't for her clothes and the place she's standing in, she'd look like any other young attractive woman.

"My family told me you almost burned down my home," she says nonchalantly. "And that you threatened one of them."

She gives him a vicious grin.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:35 am

Nadzieja's recognition catches Konrad by surprise. Cat's out of the bag, they definitely know who he and the others are. As to why they're here... We can still front.

After a brief stall, he returns the grin. "Indeed, one of my finer moments, though being completely out of my mind the entire time. And at the rate the fight was going, the building was all but begging to be reduced to cinders. Fortunately for the situation, that was easily rectified, but our foes were tougher than we expected. My condolences for your loss."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:42 am

Her lips tighten into a straight line.

"So you're not going to apologize," she says flatly.

The other Szefowie pay close attention. Zeon Duma is the only one smiling.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:46 am

"We can talk about it later, if you like. The sun is going down."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:47 am

She ignores Mihai and keep her eyes on Konrad.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 2:50 am

"No, I will not put this off, and I will speak for myself."

He folds his arms over his chest. "I am sorry for what I did. I am not the man I was, and as far as it concerns myself, it was a lifetime ago."

Diplomacy 23
Minus the ring
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 10:44 pm

The monk continue to glower at Konrad for a few more seconds until she finally clicks her tongue, disappointed.

"Very well then," she sighs.

"Shall we discuss more pressing matters?" the oldest woman suggests.

"Yes," Nadzieja says with a nod. Her eyes peer at the three adventurers. "But first, we wish to know why you're assisting us."

"This is not how I would have phrased it," the man who helped Steve hastily says, "but yes, Coins mercenaries are a rare sight in Myr. Is gold the only thing that is motivating you?"

"Or is there something else?" Zenon Duma adds with a raised eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 11:07 pm

"Too many people depend on us, is that what you want to hear?"

Deception 24 - Do any of them react to that line?

"We're in town for our own reasons, but we figured we're stalled until this matter gets resolved. Besides, the first victim was a boy who got his heart ripped out of his back. Slowly. And there are some acquaintances i don't want to have to write to, saying they lost another one of their kids on our watch."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 11:20 pm

Konrad answers with his usual affected style of speech, spiked with a sardonic aftertaste. "Aside from that, I want to make sure none of the good candidates is slashed to ribbons before the main event can get off the ground."

Sense Motive 14
Watching for anyone about to give themselves away.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 11:23 pm

"Monsters are bad," Steve says matter of factly with surprising seriousness. He quickly undermines it by adding cheerfully, "I'm also here for my friends!"

Deception: 27 to see if they are lying at all.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun 13 May 2018, 11:55 pm

OOC:

"That's your only reasons?" Angela asks. "Unlikely."

"We already anticipated they wouldn't tell us everything," the man in plain clothes retorts. "We can just keep an eye on them for the time being."

"You trust these foreigners too easily Oktawiusz."

"Their answers were partially true, were they not?"

"You suggest we let them participate in the hunt for the monster," the oldest woman says with a detached tone.

"The more the merrier. Wouldn't you agree Wanda?"

"Hmm," she mutters noncommittally.

"What about you Zenon?"

"I admit I'm curious to see what they'll do," the lean man says with a hand on his pointed chin. "And if they try anything shady, we can throw them in a cell, right?"

"As you say," the monk agrees. She smiles at Konrad.

"Then it's settled."

Angela grumbles and waves dismissively at Oktawiusz Mondry, but doesn't raise any objection.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 12:01 am

"If you're all acceptably dissatisfied, can we talk shop then? All we know of this thing suggests it'll attack an isolated target, not an armed party out to get it. That's both the problem and the opportunity."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 12:06 am

"Yeah, how do you guys plan to not get massacred in the Den?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 12:13 am

Konrad frowns when Wanda is identified by name. His own clan leader, ready to flout tradition for that foreign tripe called "centralized government". That Angela's not much less disappointing, either, next to Leopold.

"And what's been proposed as far as finding it in the first place?"

Deception 31 (nat 20)
What's that look about from Nadiezja?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 1:10 am

Konrad:

"The Den and the surrounding districts have been divided into fourteen sectors," the monk explains. "Each Szef and their retinue will patrol their given area until they find the monster and kill it."

"Which means we'll serve as bait," Szef Duma points out with a sly grin. "What a devious idea Nadzieja."

"And yet, you supported it."

"It is a good idea."

"We should decide which one they'll follow," Angela interjects as she gestures toward the Coins mercenaries.

"Yes, we only have a few hours left before the wolf comes out," Oktawiusz says. Having noticed how dark it is, the scarred man picks up a torch from one of the tents and lights it with a cantrip of fire.

"We've already agreed to let them choose," Wanda reminds her compatriots. "Let's give them some time to talk about it."

"They're obviously going to choose Nadiezja," Zenon retorts, amused. "I mean, look at her."

The monk glances at Duma.

"I'm just saying, you're awfully pretty, and they're not blind."

"Not completely," Angela remarks as she examines Konrad's left eye.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 1:13 am

Mihai holds back from answering immediately, and glances back at the party.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 1:30 am

"Half blind is half eagle-eyed, my dear. And speaking of fractions, two out of three victims were young. It's our best shot, really, we have nothing better. And she is the most tempting target out of the five of you," he says, casting an appreciating glance toward the monk. "If I dare say so, at least."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 1:42 am

Steve has been listening closely on this matter but curiosity gets the best of him. "How about it Angela? You have three experienced warriors each with a different skill set. One is a skilled swordsman, the other a Citadel trained black mage, and still the other is a Myrzen Red with bursting firepower. They presumably work best together but we all know the mission doesn't always call for that. Where would you put them?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 10:44 pm

At Konrad's words, Zenon taps repeatedly on Nadzieja's arm and points at the red mage. "See?" he says. "What did I tell you?"

The monk ignores him, unfazed by all the teasing she is subject to.

Angela is visibly surprised that one of Anastazja's mercenaries is asking for her opinion. She crosses her arms and with a hand on her chin, she ponders Steve's question. "I'd keep the three of you together nevertheless," she replies. "There are too many unknown variables, and we don't have enough time to find out how reliable you are. There's also the possibility that you're working for a third party—if you're here to spy on us, I'd rather have you all in one place instead of three."

"Good point," Wanda Makara says.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon 14 May 2018, 10:47 pm

"And why are you so focused on us accompanying Nadzieja?" - he asks Duma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next