A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 2: Upheaval

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 9:50 pm

"In the mean time we should look into getting this cargo delivered which is also a good excuse to get the lay of the land." Steve digs into his pocket and removes a piece of paper which he spends a few moments studying. "The directions say they are located in the Market District."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 9:57 pm

"It's a little early, but we can have a look around there. I'll show you all the sights, and to help you blend in, you can pick out what's in season for Myr fashion."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 9:58 pm

"In a bit. I need to take care of something first. Also, we haven't eaten yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:02 pm

Konrad nods. "After we eat, of course."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:02 pm

"I've eaten already," Amber says. "I'm ready to go whenever you are."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:12 pm

He looks at Steve and Konrad, with some effort - "You guys grab some grub, then. I need to talk to my sister."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:16 pm

The black mage looks between the siblings and then catches on. "Right. See you guys in a bit." Steve walks up the plank on the way to the galley."You in the mood for anything specific, Konrad? We have dried fruit and toast or toast and dried fruit."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:19 pm

"O-kay. Don't worry, we won't be long."

He follows Steve up on the ship. "How about toast and toast?" He jokes. "Let's mix it up a little, heh."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:21 pm

"Konrad. You rebel." Steve laughs along with his friend as they disappear into the galley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:46 pm

Mihai and Amber:
 

Mihai and Amber join the other two party members in the galley. They find Fluffle sitting on the table and holding a big piece of jerky in his arms.

"Oh, are we going now?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:53 pm

"Yeah."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:56 pm

"Wonderful, I'll show you around and then we can go play dress-up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:58 pm

Steve stands up and points dramatically towards land. "To the Market District then!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 10:59 pm

Amber sighs and then grabs one piece of jerky before handing it over to her brother.

"Here. So you don't starve like you usually do."

She then follows Konrad and Steve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:01 pm

Mihai sighs and takes the jerky - "Alright, alright." - and takes a bite as he walks off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:31 pm

8:05 AM, 4th of April 422
Odwaz, Myr


Fluffle finishes eating the piece of jerky he was munching on and then goes hide into Steve's pocket again. The party then heads into the Market district, guided by Konrad who has spent time in Odwaz in the past. A layer of fog still covers the city, but it doesn't blind people's vision anymore.

A few people walk into the streets, probably headed to their workplace, and judging by their behavior, they are as nervous as the clerk the party talked to. Many of them either walk in small groups, with a weapon, or both. The party also passes by a patrol of Myrzen warriors, all armed to the teeth.

Once the party arrives at the Western Islands Shipping company's office, they learn by looking at the opening hours sign displayed on the front door that it's already open. It closes early however, at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. There is only one person inside, a woman in her thirties who doesn't seem to have slept much last night. Once she learns that they're here to deliver a shipment, her face beams with delight.

She offers them a cup of coffee while she gets to work on the paperwork necessary. It takes only ten minutes before she's finished and tells the group that she'll send a few workers to the Vulcan to transport the barrels back to the company's warehouse. They'll be there at 9 o'clock AM, and she will be there too to inspect the goods. The ship's crew will have to unload the cargo first however. Once this is done, she will pay the party members the sum that was agreed upon, 7 platinum and 5 gold.

When they walk out, the party members find the streets quickly being filled with people. The shops are open, and restaurants are being assaulted by hungry Myrzens and tourists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:37 pm

"I wanted to do that shopping first but if we are going to get that cargo offloaded in time we need to get moving back to the ship now." Steve looks disappointed at the prospect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:38 pm

"Yeah, let's get it over with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 28 Mar 2018, 11:53 pm

"Alright, let's unload the cargo and make sure nothing happens to it while it gets moved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:02 am

The fairies use their telekinesis powers to unload all of the cargo onto the docks. With the help of the party, it takes a little over an hour to finish the work. The manager they've talked to before arrives at 9 o'clock with six workers, one guard and two carriages. She informs the party that they've completed the job, and signs the papers that proves it before handing them the relevant documents and the money, 7 platinum and 5 gold. From this moment, the cargo is her responsibility, and she will begin moving it immediately. There is no need to stick around.

During this time, the Wharf was buzzing with activity. The fog has now lifted and a multitude of people are loading or unloading cargo from the other ships. While most people are speaking Myrzen, there are a few who speak other languages, most prominently Imperial.

With her strong Lofellian accent, Amber asks, "So... we go shopping?"

"I think that was the plan," Fluffle says from the comfort of his pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:05 am

"Yes." The black mage takes off his hat and wipes his forehead with the back of his right forearm before putting it back on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:06 am

"Yeah, let's get it over with."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:14 am

As the first carriage heads out with the barrels of beer, Femke returns to the ship. She climbs the gangplank and walks up to the party.

"Hello," she says. "I have some news."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:16 am

Mihai immediately perks up, regains his focus and walks over to her. -"Tell me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Thu 29 Mar 2018, 12:16 am

"Do tell, I just love bad news," Konrad says. Clearly this is not always the case.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 2: Upheaval
Back to top 
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: