A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 2: Upheaval

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:15 am

Steve does so and takes her hand. He holds his out for Konrad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:16 am

With an inaudible sigh, Konrad holds Steve's hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:16 am

Mihai squints, not daring to believe what he thinks is about to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:26 am

The fairy confidently puts his little arms into Konrad's and Mihai's hands. In the darkness, Florolf looks up at the party and waits.

"Good," Nadzieja whispers. "You might feel a little sick."

The warning doesn't come soon enough. All the party members suddenly feel completely weightless for a fraction of second before gravity takes hold of them again. In the distance, the streetlamps have disappeared. So have the stars. Or any other sources of light in the city. The adventurers are in complete darkness, and the absence of sound makes this even more unnerving.

"You can use your ring again," the young woman says to Steve.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:28 am

Steve grabs his stomach. "Ugh, I feel sick." He activates his ring and looks around between heavy breaths and stomach cramps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:29 am

Mihai grits his teeth, bracing himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Fri 18 May 2018, 1:34 am

"Mm." Konrad grunts as he shakes off the vertigo. Then, he places a hand on the hilt of his weapon as a precaution, and inhales deeply.

Awareness 18
using my senses of smell and hearing for whatever I can smell or hear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:04 am

With Steve's magical light, the party members can only see a few meters around them. Fluffle flies down to the ground and examines the cobblestones they are standing on.

"Are we still on the plaza?" the fairy asks.

"Yes," Nadzieja replies, her arms folded. She stands in the same spot as before, perfectly calm. "Sort of."

Konrad and Steve notice something peculiar; the cobblestones under their feet have lost almost all of their natural color, now looking more gray than their usual yellowish hue.

Furthermore, the three adventurers notice how the air is now odorless, except for their own scent and their companions'. Coupled with the complete absence of sound, this makes Fluffle feel very unsettled

Unlike Nadzieja and Florolf.


Last edited by Zeiss on Sun 20 May 2018, 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:07 am

"What is this place?" Steve looks around in wonder. "Is it part of our reality?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:08 am

"Explain what just happened." Konrad's voice has lost all trace of mirth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:09 am

"..........."

Mihai lights a hooded lantern (bright light 30ft, dim light 60ft).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:26 am

Mihai sees only more of the plaza.

The monk unfolds her arms and peers into the darkness around her. "I'm not sure how to describe it," she says with a thoughtful expression. "We're... inside the belly of a beast. That's how our world looks like from here. Well, not exactly. The light should come back soon."

Fluffle gasps and immediately puts his hands over his mouth, afraid that something else has heard him.

"Don't worry," Nadzieja reassures him. "It doesn't eat people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:28 am

Mihai asks grimly - "Does it collect limbs?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:29 am

"I-I don't understand. What is this thing? How big is it? How did you find it in the first place? Does it have a name?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:39 am

"No," she answers Mihai. Just as she's about to say more, Steve bombards her with questions. Very calmly, she continues her explanation. "I call it the Shroud. I'm not sure how big it is, but it covers at least all of the Archipelago."

"...It's not going to eat us?" Fluffle asks, worried.

"No. It eats magic."

"Oh, phew."

The carbuncle is lazily waggling his tail while listening to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:41 am

Realization dawns on the pirate. "What? Don't tell me we're inside that. Why did you bring us here? What did you just do?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:42 am

Steve is calming down as he understands more. "How did you find it? How did you bring us here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:44 am

Mihai shoots Konrad a look when he lets on that he knows this thing. He otherwise lets Nadia answer their questions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 12:55 am

Nadzieja puts her hands on her hips and sighs. "Your questions will have to wait for now. What you need to know is that the werewolf lives somewhere in the Shroud and it might know we're here already. Konrad, Mihai, ready your weapons."

Suddenly, the sky brightens just a little, turning to a very dark shade of gray. Szef Zerva raises her head and mutters under her own breath, "Finally."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:01 am

"Well, fine." Steve gets his staff ready. He then immediately asks more questions. "Are we the only ones here? Are any of the others going to pop up?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:01 am

"Not all of them." - Mihai puts out the lantern and draws his sword - "If werewolves are like people tell, there could be someone trapped inside it."

He states calmly and deliberately, indicating he expects an answer.


Last edited by K on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 559
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:02 am

"Hmph." Konrad unsheathes his sword, and the ether around him begins to flow in a pattern. "So you're certain it wants to find us now?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 794
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:20 am

The sky turns a shade lighter.

"No, I'm not certain," Nadzieja retorts as she starts to cautiously walk toward the Den district, expecting the adventurers to follow her. "And the werewolf isn't human. It's an ‘Endless’; they're an unimaginative bunch, but they can be dangerous. So don't hesitate to kill it. I'll explain everything later. Okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 644
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:27 am

Mihai raises his weapon and stares ahead - "I hope they're easier to kill here, because it's impossible to do it out there."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 489
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Sat 19 May 2018, 1:31 am

"Oh them. Wonderful." Steve follows his disappointed exasperation with a sigh.


Last edited by Kolson on Sat 19 May 2018, 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 2: Upheaval
Back to top 
Page 33 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign – Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: