A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018, 1:33 am

Mihai steps ahead - "I'm taking point. Nadia, then Steve. Konrad, bring up the rear."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018, 1:34 am

"Yup," Steve acknowledges before falling into marching order.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat 19 May 2018, 1:37 am

Konrad straightens up when he hears that term, and follows the chief. "Oh-ho. Very well then, I shall curb my appetite until after we have survived the night."

Charisma 8
For the pun. Oh sure, there might also be a euphemism in there somewhere...

"Standard formation, then. Of course."

Awareness 15
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 10:21 pm

Szef Zerva is surprised to hear the implication that the party members have fought an Endless before. With a determined expression, she nods and says, "That'll be a big help."

She raises an eyebrow when Mihai takes point. She ignores Konrad's comment—and the innuendo directed at her—and tells Mihai with a composed voice, "I should lead the way."

In the meantime, Fluffle flies behind Steve's shoulders and stays there, his eyes fixed on the darkness around the group. Florolf continues to follow the party while waggling his tail.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 10:24 pm

Mihai looks at her, hoists the sword above his shoulder and steps aside for her. He'll be right behind, at her right flank.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 10:26 pm

Steve keeps an eye, an inner eye, an ear, and his nose out for danger, though he doesn't really expect that will help much given the nature of the Endless they are fighting. Still, it gives him something to do.

Awareness 24

Spellcraft 15
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 10:39 pm

Konrad opens his 3rd eye to see how magic flows in this place, and if there is any active fizzling happening.

Spellcraft 16
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:04 pm

Nadzieja takes point and advances toward the Den.

The sky is a lot brighter than before, but it's still completely gray. There are no clouds anywhere in sight, nor is there any wind. The adventurers can see the outline of the buildings that are part of the Den as well as the Arena, discolored just like the plaza's cobblestones. Everything is unnaturally still.

In the shadow of the Arena's inner passages, Steve notices two humanoid shapes standing on both sides of the main entrance, right where he and his companions talked to the sentries that let them into the monument. Their appearance however is completely different; instead of the rough-looking warriors Steve saw before, he's now staring at dense black smoke that frays at the edges.

The mages palpate the magic around them and discover that it's as immobile as it can be, like water in a pond. This should make it easier for them to draw more energy.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:08 pm

"Why are those black smoke humanoids there? Are they Endless as well?" Steve points to them.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:14 pm

Mihai squints - "...the people?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:19 pm

Konrad takes off one of his gloves and tosses it to the ground to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:34 pm

Konrad's glove is now laying on the ground. Nothing unusual happens, except that the the glove contrasts heavily with the washed out colors of the cobblestones.

Fluffle hides behind Steve's head when he notices the humanoid shapes and keeps a finger ready to attack, just in case.

The monk turns around and peers into the distance.

"They're humans," she answers. "Don't worry, they can't hurt us, and we can't hurt them."

The edge of the Den District is only 60 feet away . The sky is a shade of light gray and could probably serve as an adequate source of light from now on. Just like everything else so far, the buildings are discolored and it's hard to surmise what tin they are out of the Shroud.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:40 pm

Steve deactivates his ring to check the light level. Satisfied, he leaves it off for now.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:44 pm

"We've never fought an Endless in this place. Can you cut it's real body in here?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:53 pm

Nadzieja shakes her head. "You can only hurt its physical body, the werewolf. But once we kill it, I'll handle the Endless itself."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:55 pm

"That doesn't include you getting yourself possessed, does it? The way we killed our last was none too safe for the host."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:57 pm

"I won't sacrifice myself, no," she replies.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSun 20 May 2018, 11:59 pm

Mihai holds his gaze for a moment longer, but lets it go - "...alright then."

Then turns to the Fairy - "Fluffle, you may be able to counter it, to some extent. Breeze could do it by... kind of pointing and willing it. If it animates anything else besides itself, we're counting on you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:04 am

Konrad retrieves the glove and continues walking in the formation. He takes out his roll of white toilet paper (probably not that clean) and pulls off a few squares, folding them neatly, and grips the small portion in his main hand, using the grip on his weapon to hold it in place. Then he places the edge of his weapon against the palm of his right hand, and makes a cut there, drawing blood. After he does that, he coats the toilet paper in blood, as much as he can. After spending enough time on this, he tosses the bloodied fabric to the ground a few paces in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:19 am

"So... point and shoot then?" Fluffle says to Mihai, smiling. "I can do that."

"We're almost into the Den," Nadzieja announces. "If you want to make any other preparations, now is the time."

She then notices Konrad's experiment.

The bloodied sheet of toilet paper that Konrad placed on the ground is as colorful as before, and because of the absence of wind, it stays completely inert. Curious, Florolf carefully approaches it and sniffs it. Unimpressed, he turns around, lifts his left hind leg and urinates on it.

Nadzieja stiffles a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:24 am

Steve does laugh."I think your experiment has been rejected by peer review, Konrad."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:26 am

"Oh, it's just a little blood. I'd be more concerned if he decided to lick it. I was right anyway, so are we headed to Stroik's brothel, by chance? Or does the creature have enough presence of mind clean up after herself?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:30 am

"The plan is the same," the monk replies, having regained her composure. "We patrol the Den and serve as bait to the werewolf. Except we're not limited to a sector anymore."

"Well, now that I know I can do something, I'm ready to confront the beast," Fluffle says confidently with his forefinger raised.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:32 am

"How do you know it'll find us tastier?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon 21 May 2018, 12:33 am

"I don't know Mihai, I'm pretty tasty. Who could resist this?" He makes his eyebrows go up and down in a very silly manner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next