A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 2: Upheaval

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:02 am

"I didn't see any baths," Amber answers. She then sniffles in Konrad's direction. "...Yeah, you still smell a little."
____________

"Understood," the first mate replies. "Oh, I also received a message from someone else yesterday, but I was asked to relay it to all three of you. I'll find the captain and Mister Pizza first."

He nods at Mihai and then leaves for the galley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:07 am

"Well, then again, we've got a whole crew of fairies with the ability to conjure flames. I'll buy us some bathtubs and have them heat it. A small way for the family to earn their keep. They could even wash and dry our clothes." He starts nodding. "Yes. Yes! Of course. I should have thought of this before."

The shaving cuts on his face are reforming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:10 am

Amber listens to Konrad and can't help but nod along.

"That'd be nice," she admits. "I could use a bath right now..."

She smells her armpit and grimaces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:12 am

"Alright, thanks." - he acknowledges and heads off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:14 am

"That's no good! You'll need to take one if you want your date to go well today."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:15 am

Steve exits his cabin to find Mihai on his way to somewhere not the galley. He smiles and says, "Good morning. You done eating already?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:17 am

"Huh? Oh, nah. Nadia's outside, figured we'd better go say hi."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:19 am

"Oh! Let's go meet her then. Old growlly can wait for a few minutes." Steve's stomach growls in disagreement and Steve frowns. "Don't give me lip. I'm the one in charge here!" His stomach makes no further noises...for now.


Last edited by Kolson on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:19 am

Konrad and Amber, in the galley

Amber considers the idea for a moment and then sighs. "I don't think he washes himself that often, but yeah, I should take a bath first."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:30 am

"Indeed."

Konrad continues to eat for a while, after which he takes his shot and follows it with a cup of water.

"Huh, thought they'd be here by now." He shrugs and sees about getting himself a bath. "I'm heading up with my trunks and taking a dive. See you on deck."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 12:34 am

"Right."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:04 am

Just as Konrad steps out of the galley, Segel appears and tells him the same thing he told Mihai a minute ago. Amber hears about this and says, "She's here?"

Curious, she follows Konrad outside, but not before picking up Fluffle in her cabin. The half-awake fairy makes himself comfortable in the teenager's hood and lets her carry him for the time being.
____________

Mihai and Steve step outside and see Szef Zerva waiting for them on the wharf, right in front of the gangplank. She wears the same type of monk robe as yesterday, but this one isn't in tatters. A quick look at the dockworkers and passerby around her is enough to tell that by coming here, she's made herself the center of attention. Most of them are trying to focus on what they're here to do, but they can't help but glance at her from time to time. Some are nervous, others are annoyed, but the majority are bewildered by her presence.

As soon as she sees the two mercenaries, Nadzieja steps onto the gangplank and embarks on the ship.

"Hello," she says in Imperial with a slight Enclave accent. "I hope I didn't wake you up."

The sky is clear and the rays of sunshine feel warm on Mihai's and Steve's skin. This is going to be a bright day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:07 am

"Nah." - he replies - "Hop in, we got... boat food, in a cupboard somewhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:11 am

"Yes, we have those breakfast-like things. Also good morning." Steve waves hello and stands in such a way at the top of the gangplank so as to indicate the direction she should go to the galley.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:14 am

"Oh, Segel. I have an idea for something your brothers and sisters can do to help out around here. Come see me after our meeting with our visitor is finished."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:28 am

"I've already eaten, thank you," Nadzieja replies. Unlike yesterday, she is wearing her long raven hair loose. "But we should speak inside, yes."

She's ready to follow the two mercenaries.
____________

"Yes, captain!" the first mate says with a salute.

Konrad, Amber and Segel step onto the deck and see the rest of the party standing next to the szef of Zdetermiwa. Amber studies the monk for a moment, but her expression gradually shifts from curiosity to surprise.

"Hello," Nadzieja says.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 1:43 am

Konrad puts on a winning smile. "Welcome aboard the Vulcan, Nadzieja."

He gestures toward Amber. "I don't believe you've had the pleasure of meeting Amber?" He gestures to Segel next. "And this fairy, the one who informed us of your arrival, is Segel, my first mate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:23 pm

"If you don't mind, I'm going to grab some food before we talk. I get cranky if I don't eat. It doesn't help anybody. Best to get it out of the way. I'll meet you guys in the Captain's Cabin in a few. Assuming that's where we are talking?" He looks around at the others for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:25 pm

"Amber, Segel." She nods at them. "Pleased to meet you."

Fluffle peeks out of Amber's hood and waves at the monk.

"Hi Fluffle."

"Good morning, miss Zerva," he replies with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:32 pm

"My quarters are the go-to location for utmost privacy. Any of my crew may freely enter other areas such as the galley, typically during daylight hours. If you will follow me?" He turns to his side and gestures back toward the stern.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:34 pm

Steve will head to the galley to get some food and then join the others in the cabin as soon as he can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:52 pm

Nadzieja and Amber follow Konrad into the captain's cabin. Segel salutes his captain and leaves to check on a few of his siblings playing a card game on the quarter deck. As the group shuffles into the room, Amber stands next to Mihai and whispers to him, "Did you sleep well?"

She sounds concerned.

Nadzieja examines the cabin, which is mostly devoid of any sort of furniture or decorations except for the long table, the chairs around it, the captain's desk and the bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:56 pm

To Amber - "Yeah."

He takes the opportunity to fix her bed hair (that sticking antenna, as usual).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:57 pm

She's embarrassed that he does this in front of the others, but she stays silent and lets him do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Wed 13 Jun 2018, 11:02 pm

The table groans as Konrad moves it somewhere open, while telepathically moving a chair at a much slower pace. "Grab a seat or pick one at the table, at your preference. I haven't spared much though for decorating or arranging this shy of moving things out of the way, but you understand."

Once the table is moved, he plans to arrange the chairs using both his hands and cantrip.

His shaving cuts are slowly becoming no more than pink blemishes now, threatening to fade to proper color.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 2: Upheaval
Back to top 
Page 10 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: