A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:34 am

"The Szefowie can choose anyone as their champions," the monk explains, "but Defenders aren't allowed to participate in the Tournament. I'm sure you can guess why."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:36 am

"Not good for the police to be taking sides." - Mihai surmises
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:39 am

"Okay. I still think we should add them to our list of unofficial trouble to keep an eye out for but that works for me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:41 am

"Well, you certainly have been candid, and we appreciate that." Konrad props an arm up by the elbow and strokes his cheek. "Continuing along the political side of this, it would be optimal for all three of us to give you our support, would it not?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:45 am

"It would be optimal for me, yes. Although, I assume you also want to keep a close eye on Duma."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:53 am

"Supporting that clown as First is a chafing thought. But if it must be done, someone will have to volunteer. On the other hand, I am unable to decide at this time whether to volunteer for clan Zdetermiwa. When do you require an answer?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 12:56 am

"Preferably before I leave for the Arena. At the latest, by this evening."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:00 am

He nods. "That is generous, given our time frame. Would you allow Segel and a few other fairies past your retinue to give you our message?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:03 am

"I could go," Fluffle says confidently.

"Yes, that wouldn't be a problem," Nadzieja responds while smiling at the fairy.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:13 am

"There's no point beating around the bush. We've got Duma on one side, the ISA on the other. And whoever else may be trying to hijack this Succession for their own ends. It's not like we were going to stay out of it, and it's not like we were going to support anyone else."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:17 am

"If you would like to accept her offer, you may say so now," Konrad shrugs. "It is between you and her. The limited time to make a decision is for my sake, and either of you if you cannot decide yet."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:18 am

"Then yes, i accept."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:23 am

"Oh, you do? I'm, uh, not very comfortable having such a direct hand in the election process of a foreign nation. What right do we have to do this? Anything I know about Myr comes from books, Konrad, and a few students I had classes with back home. Hell, I know more about Myrzen cuisine than I do her people or traditions or anything like that. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions, Nadzieja? I promise it won't be my usual barrage." He flashes her a lopsided grin.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:32 am

Nadzieja furrowed her brow at something Mihai said, but the conversation carried on and she didn't get a chance to ask about it. When Steve asks her if she could answer a few questions, she nods and says, "Of course. I didn't expect you to make this decision lightly. But I'm warning you; I don't know much about cuisine."

She smiles.

"Steve's actually an alright cook," Amber says with a grin.

"Yes, he makes a nice soup," Fluffle adds.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jun 2018, 1:53 am

"Thanks for understanding. I'll just ask the questions straight out. Take your time and think about the answers.

(1) Why did you become a Szef in the first place? What are you hoping to accomplish by being the leader of Myr instead of, I don't know, sitting under a waterfall somewhere contemplating the meaning of the Thirty Tenets of Deremonda?

(2) Why go for the top spot? What can you do there that you can't do as a Szef?

(3) Why are you a better choice than any of the others? Why should you be leader of the Myrzen?
"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 10:22 pm

Nadzieja's expression hardens to Steve's first question, and she takes a long moment to think about it before she answers. When she does, it's with a melancholic tone. "To prevent needless deaths, like my parents'." She then freezes, realizing that she has more to say. After some hesitation, she adds with cold eyes, "And to avenge them."

She regains her composure for the second question. "It's easier to change Myr if you're the First."

And to the third question. "Because I know my flaws, and those of my people."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 10:38 pm

When he hears the monk divulge revenge as her main motivation for going into politics, Konrad's ear twitches, and he tilts toward the exchange with more interest. Talking to Nadzieja might be more difficult that he first thought.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 10:41 pm

Steve pays special attention to Nadzieja's emotions, doing his best to guess about what she isn't saying. He finally asks, "Please forgive my ignorance Nadzieja, but why would you need to be leader of Myr to avenge your parents? You can challenge anyone you please right now, can't you?

And what flaws would you say Myr has because that implies you want to turn those flaws into strengths, right? Or at the very least minimize them. What does that mean exactly?
"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:20 pm

Szef Zerva's facial expression hardens. She leans forward in her chair and utters her next words in a much more fierce manner. "My parents didn't die just because of a few crooked Myrzens. Killing these people would solve nothing." Nadzieja doesn't notice that her breathing has quickened. Her speech becomes even more impassioned. "I blame the inefficiency of the government. The people's attachment to impractical traditions that don't make sense in this world anymore. And also this stupid–"

She stops herself and looks away from Steve. With her mouth closed, she forces herself to breathe slower while looking away from the table. It takes a few more seconds before she meets Steve's eyes again.

"That's how I get my revenge. By dragging the Myrzens kicking or screaming into a better world."

She leans back in her chair and crosses her arms. Amber and Fluffle dare not say a word. In fact, they've lowered their heads, finding the monk's gaze to be too intimidating.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:23 pm

".............."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:29 pm

If Steve is intimidated he doesn't show it. He watches her intently, focused completely on what she is doing, saying, everything. He finally says, "It's those impractical and stupid traditions that are going to let you rule a people you have so much contempt for. You know many of them see no difference between themselves and those traditions that so frustrate you, right? How will you change their minds?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:37 pm

Having regained her composure, Nadzieja answers in a calmer tone than before. "I was planning to democratize the selection process of the Administrator of Odwaz. Form alliances with other Szefowie and reform national laws. But you've just told me the Elementals want to kill us all." She pauses. "That changes things."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:39 pm

Steve nods in agreement. "What will you do now?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:43 pm

"Neutralize Duma and any other Szefowie who has been compromised. Then I'll try to learn more about these ‘Imperials’ who've defied death."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun 2018, 11:50 pm

Konrad lights his pipe as Steve poses this dilemma to her, speaking not a word, albeit his friends already know his position.

Her last point makes him reconsider the sneer he had in mind, and he adopts a different tone. "You're very bold, and your position is admirable. One might even tack on 'sovereign'. But, hear me out: how can we demand a compromise from the people of Myr, knowing that this demand is itself our own compromise? Is it fair if our hand is forced, or wouldn't that be a tad hypocritical?"

Diplomacy 18
I'm posing a debate question to try and make her second guess herself.

Deception 23
I'm pretending that I'm playing devil's advocate, and hiding my political leanings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next