A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 2: Upheaval

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:18 pm

"There's something else," Nadzieja says. "Once I bring us back to Odwaz, we should yell like we did during the fight."

As she says this, two birds with red feathers land on the roof and observe the party. The monk glances in their direction but promptly ignores them.

"...They're beautiful," Fluffle exclaims, having momentarily forgotten about the werewolf and the situation he's in..

The birds' attention switch to the corpse.

Birds:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:20 pm

Mihai looks intently at the birds - "Got something to say, or just enjoying the show?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:23 pm

"They're obviously someone else's eyes. We should kill them..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:25 pm

"I doubt they need to report back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:27 pm

Steve looks up at the birds. "Yeah, if they mean us harm the jig is up already. But not everything is bad. Maybe these particular spies belong to a friend?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:28 pm

"......"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:31 pm

"They're just birds," Nadzieja explains, somewhat concerned for them. "They live in the Shroud, just like the carbuncles. So no need to shoot them down, okay?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:32 pm

Mihai shrugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:33 pm

"Perhaps you're right. Either way, it would be a waste of magic. I'm ready."

Now, what did I shout earlier...?

Int 10
He tries to remember what he shouted during the fight. Hopefully the others' words will help him remember more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:33 pm

"The Avatar told you this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:43 pm

By now, Fluffle has flown over to the birds' side, who are looking at him with curiosity. He waves at them.

"No. I've seen them before, that's all," Szef Zerva says. "I don't know much about them, except that they appeared a few months after the carbuncles." She sets her eyes on the werewolf again and sighs. "Ok. Ready to be showered in blood?"

The fairy rushes back to the party and hides behind Mihai's shoulder.


Last edited by Zeiss on Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:44 pm

"Way ahead of you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:54 pm

Steve's expression momentarily shows he doesn't quite agree with Nadzieja's take on the birds but nevertheless the black mage moves into position. "All set."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:58 pm

"Then gather around me. We need to be in physical contact with each other to go back to Odwaz."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Mon 04 Jun 2018, 11:59 pm

Mihai walks over and holds out his hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:00 am

Steve joins them. He take's Nadzieja's other hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:01 am

Konrad reaches over and places a hand on one of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:23 am

Fluffle decides to land on everyone's hand and smiles, which manages to amuse Nadzieja. She then turns serious again and says, "Here we go."

As soon as the party is out of the Shroud, the smells and sounds of the real world assault the adventurers' senses. The momentary absence of gravity caused by the "blinking" makes them feel sick again, and the stench coming from the nearby dumpster doesn't help. The monk doesn't appear to be affected by this, and the moment Steve activates his right of light, she initiates the plan.

Over the next twenty seconds, the group reenacts their fight with the werewolf as best as they remember it, except this time, it ends with a shower of offal, blood and burned fur. All of the party members except for Florolf and Fluffle are now covered in gore. Mihai somehow looks worse than before.

"...Disgusting," Nadzieja mutters, looking at herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:25 am

Caring little at this point, Mihai doesn't waste much time - "Which way to Leopold?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:29 am

"Leopold? Why?"

She cleans her face with a handkerchief she had in her inner pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 592
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:30 am

Steve looks like he's going to throw up. Which he does not a moment later. He tries to get as much of it into the dumpster as he can but the smell makes him throw up more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:32 am

Mihai shrugs - "Nothing important. Just like to toss him the head, really. Unless you want to wait here for someone to find us, that's fine too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 692
Age : 27
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:37 am

Konrad heaves and catches himself a few times. Then, he swallows. "Could get rid of the mess with some raw magic, if I had any."

"He just wants to rub his nose in it," he replies as he uncorks a bottle of warm rum. "What were the instructions for when someone killed it? Go back to the arena with a trophy in hand?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 945
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:51 am

His stomach already emptied, Fluffle flies to Steve's side and rubs the back of his neck. Szef Zerva continues to wipe the blood off her face while she answers Konrad.

"‘Tell the others’, that's the gist of it. We should find a patrol of Defenders instead. Reporting back to Leopold would be an acknowledgement of his authority. I assume none of you want that."

Her face is now almost blood-free. She then takes a silver watch out of her pocket and pushes on one of its buttons. The adventurers feel a sudden wave of magical energy coming from Nadzieja and going through them. Even Mihai felt it.

"They won't be able to scan the corpse now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 775
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   Tue 05 Jun 2018, 12:53 am

Mihai shrugs casually in agreement, then Nadia does her thing - "Another gift from the man?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 2: Upheaval
Back to top 
Page 3 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign – Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: