A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:11 pm

Mihai reiterates to Florolf - "Bite me. Get us out of here."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:13 pm

"I guess they have a lot of experience being tied up."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:20 pm

"What? I made sure the knots were extra tight!"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:22 pm

"Wait, what are we doing?" Rafal asks.

Florolf yelps happily and approaches Mihai. Soon, they'll reappear 100 feet away from the Noze warehouse.

"And Steve made sure to take all of their weapons," Amber adds, dubious about this whole thing.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:37 pm

Mihai, Florolf and a shackled man appear out of thin air right next to the rest of the party. Amber and Fluffle are so startled by the sudden apparition of their companions that they take a step away from them.

Rafal clearly feels nauseated by this, but as soon as he gets his bearings, he turns his head towards the Noze warehouse and shouts, "Help! They've kidnapped me! Someone help me!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:40 pm

Mihai slaps the nice man - "Shut up, stupid. In the time it took them to run up, you'd get a knife in your throat."

Intimidation 18

Deception 13
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:48 pm

Konrad is familiar enough with Mihai's shtick. He draws his sword and places it at Rafal's crawl. "Indeed. I was thinking the neck, but a kidney will do. Remind me where that is? I want to nail it on the first try, this time."

Deception 26
+2 to K's roll

Intimidate 5
Probably required, because of what I'm saying/doing
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:50 pm

Steve takes a step back when they appear, startled. He isn't much help while he recovers.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul 2018, 11:58 pm

The man looks back and forth between Mihai and Konrad, and then turns back to the warehouse again. "Help!" he shouts in Wytrwaly. "Send the Defenders!"

Right then, Amber kicks him in the gut with all the force she can muster, taking his breath away. She can scarcely believe she just did that.

"...Fuck me," Rafal whimpers, doubled over in pain.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:04 am

"Keep pushing us, see what happens."

Mihai signals to Fluffle - Tail the guy that just fled. I'll follow. - then addresses the party.

"Anyway, one crime underboss. Compliments of Lord Carbuncle - someone spoil the crap out of him, he's earned it. I got some business to take care of, meet back later." - he gestures Hamster.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:14 am

Got it, Steve Whispers back. Out loud he says, "Florolf, could you please take me, Amber, Sunny, Konrad, and this man whom I assume to be Rafal Matras here back to the Shroud? One more trip and then I am so going to spoil you with steak and pets."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:19 am

Konrad puts his sword away and grabs the man by the neck, aiding himself with telekinesis to grip the man by the throat. He hasn't begun to squeeze, not yet.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:40 am

With barely contained frustration, Konrad hisses through his teeth, "I used to run with Iron Luther, you know? Think about that, and your desire to breathe comfortably, before you call out again."

Ready action
If he tries to yell again, I'll cut him off before he can.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:48 am

Fluffle flies east in the hope of catching up to the man who left the warehouse some time ago, and Mihai immediately follows him. Meanwhile, Rafal is trying with great difficulty to breathe again and once Konrad grabs him, he does nothing to resist.

Florolf listens to Steve before lowering his head and lie down on the ground, as if he's taking a rest. His tail doesn't even move anymore. This is when the adventurers hear the sound of people urgently talking to each other in Wytrwaly. They're probably dockworkers in one of the warehouses west of the party.

"We have to leave," Amber says.

Rafal glances at Konrad but says nothing to him.

Mihai is running to catch up to the man who went east, hoping to catch up to him and Fluffle. Being so small and so fast, the fairy is almost out of his sight already.

The few people Mihai passes by give him a quick look, but are also prompt to ignore him. There's a new problem however; the farther east he goes, the more people and carriages he sees in the street.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 12:59 am

Mihai tries to shorten the gap and keep the man in his sight, at least.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 1:00 am

"Oh I see. Are you sure you couldn't talk any of your fellows into helping? I'd get them steak too."

The carbuncle stays immobile, as if he was ready to take a nap.

"Thanks anyway buddy. Good work." Steve bends at the knees and rubs Florolf's tummy and says to the others, "We need to get going then. Try to stay off the main streets as much as possible."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 1:07 am

Konrad loosens his grip. The power in his cantrip fades out. "Listen up. We promised your friends we'd let them go. No one's dead or seriously hurt. The kidnappings need to stop, and if that doesn't cause trouble with the gang, then we have no problem. Are we good?"

Diplomacy 30 (natural 20)
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 1:24 am

Now having fully recovered from Amber's kick, Rafal listens to Konrad very carefully, and for a long moment, he says nothing. The commotion in the warehouse dies down and soon, the only thing the adventurers can hear is the sound of the waves crashing against the shoreline and the singing of the seagulls. Rafal rubs his chin where Konrad held him a few moments ago and asks, "I don't see what else I can tell you; I pretty much told everything to... what's his name?"

He looks in the direction Mihai left.

Mihai realizes that he never had the man in his sight. Just as he passes by a carriage heading west, Fluffle comes back to him. "I'm sorry," he says with his head down. "I couldn't find him in the crowd."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat 28 Jul 2018, 1:27 am

Mihai sighs - "We have bigger fish to fry, anyway. Don't worry about it, you did good." - he starts heading back - "Let's go. We might still be able to catch them where we left them."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 10:16 pm

"Jabba. Now, you're not following us to certain doom, alright? We're only going to the Space Hamster, together. Know where that is? Lovely place, very crowded."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 10:33 pm

"It will be fine. It's just until we can wrap up this kidnapping business. Also, you won't get in trouble for helping us will you? We already had to help a guy escape so the Noze wouldn't kill him."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 10:47 pm

"Okay, let's go," Fluffle says.

The two of them make their way back towards the warehouses.

Rafal cocks an eyebrow at the two mages, bemused by what they're telling him. He then looks at Amber for a moment and back at the two men again. "Well, this promises to be interesting," he says with a chuckle. "The Space Hamster? Sure, let's go. No need to worry about me. Although, am I going with these manacles on me?"

He gestures at his shackled arms.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 11:01 pm

"Just for now. Our friend is the one with the key to that pair. We'll just cover them up with my vest for now and he can take them off when he catches up to us." Steve takes off his vest and places it over the manacles so it looks like Rafal is carrying it rather than being under arrest. "There, that should draw less attention and people won't think you're under arrest or something. Sorry about the inconvenience but we really need to get moving."

Steve sets off for the Hamster, sticking to backstreets as much as possible trying not to attract attention.

Deception 33 to see if Rafal is lying about anything.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 11:03 pm

Konrad nods. "I think that should work for now. I am sorry, I would like to take them off when we get there, though."

Deception 21
Is this Rafal guy pretending to cooperate?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul 2018, 11:15 pm

"I've never had a captor say sorry before." Rafal laughs a little and obediently waits for the adventurers to move. Amber, suspicious of his carefree attitude, keeps a close eye on him.

Konrad:
Steve:

With Fluffle's help, the party manages to rejoin in one of the backstreets of the industrial sector. They then make their way to the Space Hamster with their prisoner, who's content to stay silent and smile at what life has blessed him with.

When they arrive at the tavern, the room is half-full of customers who are eating lunch. Many of them are debating about which szef will most likely win – Nadzieja and Leopold are the most repeated names – while others prefer to talk about the local landmarks and tourist spots, such as the Misty Catacombs, an attraction managed by a local fairy.

Rafal patiently waits for the adventurers' next action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 36 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next