A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.
 
HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Act 2: Upheaval III

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:24 pm

"Right..." - Mihai tries the door, hoping nothing will try to kill him again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:25 pm

Mihai looks inside the room and sees a large furnace, similar to the one in the Brightfalls asylum. There's an somewhat unpleasant smell in the air.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:30 pm

Mihai steps out and closes the door. On to the next (let Konrad do his thing).
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:33 pm

Konrad covers his nose. "Not much mystery about this room. Honestly it's not as bad as what we've seen so far, and we haven't seen much. Let's move on."

He repeats the process with the door with the trap they triggered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:35 pm

Mihai opens the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:39 pm

Unaware of what the adventurers saw in the room, Goodman's test subjects glance apprehensively at each other but say nothing.

The next door contains a control room similar to the one they explored on the third level of the Brightfalls asylum, but much more smaller in scale. There's also a small generator that can convert solid raw magic into elemental energy, which is probably used to power something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:44 pm

"Let's see, what do these control...?"

Weaving 23
Konrad's gonna try to figure out heads/tails of these controls.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:51 pm

Konrad studies the console command and discovers that it controls the settings for the fence surrounding the estate, the power distribution of the generator, the traps on this floor and a few minor things like kitchen appliances.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Fri 24 Aug 2018, 11:57 pm

Konrad shuts off the traps on this floor. "The traps on this floor are no longer active. I could deactivate the fence, but I'd rather wait. That's about all there is to do in this room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:00 am

"Let's get going, then."

Mihai takes point, being cautious about it just in case.

Stealth 18

Awareness 15


Last edited by K on Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:07 am

Konrad picks up the sword he dropped.

When they leave the hallway and go to the wine cellar, Konrad will look for an unopened bottle of who-knows-what to grab from an already opened barrel or crate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:23 am

While Mihai climbs up the stairs, Konrad browses the cellar and picks up a bottle of Myrzen red wine from 401—a very good year from what he's heard.

Mihai steps into a dusty storage area that contains tools, old chests and shelves filled with garden supplies. The door in front of him is closed.
____________

Steve has just crossed the street in front of the Goodman's manor and notices something from the corner of his eyes. When he looks down the street, he sees a cloaked man who's observing him from behind the corner of another house. He realizes that Steve has spotted him, but he doesn't attempt to flee the scene, nor does react in an hostile manner. In fact, he just nods at the black mage and keeps observing his surroundings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:29 am

After swatting off a large hissing spider, Mihai tries the door in front.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:31 am

Mihai enters a long hallway where he can see multiple doors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:37 am

Mihai moves down the hallway, checking the doors as he passes them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:38 am

Konrad paws at the chests in the storage room for anything useful, expecting next-to-nothing. He'll stay away if he finds any traps, though.

Awareness 17
For traps

He'll take up the rear now while Mihai leads, making sure no one sneaks up on the survivors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 12:56 am

Konrad inspects a few chests, but finds only piles of clothes and some random baubles. Nothing valuable, like the rest of the objects he sees in this room. There are no traps.

Mihai opens the first door in front of him and finds himself in a luxurious kitchen that has a nice view of the courtyard. The first thing that catches his attention is the woman in the middle of the room cutting vegetables on the kitchen island. She raises her head and freezes when she sees Mihai, Waterglass in hand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sat 25 Aug 2018, 1:02 am

"Got some clothes here." Konrad motions Amber to bring the woman over to the chests, which are wide open. "Pick whatever you want. We'll turn around when you're ready to change."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 10:30 pm

Mihai feels another headache coming on at the sight of the kitchen woman.

"Ma'am, we're with the Administrator's office. Please don't panic and let go of the knife."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 10:56 pm

Konrad

The naked woman examines the clothes Konrad has found and thanks him with a nod. "Here, I'll take it," Amber says with an extended hand.

However, she and everyone else in the storage room freeze at the shriek coming from the room Mihai has just entered.
_____________

Mihai

The servant drops her knife and runs away screaming. She's trying to flee through the door located on the opposite side of the kitchen.
_____________

Steve

The black mage daydreams about Zelk's favorite cupcakes—she loves the maple syrup ones— while the coach he found just a few blocks away from Goodman's Estate takes him to the City Hall.

Feeling a little tired after the swirling events of the day, Fluffle has opted to have a nap on the other seat of this comfortable vehicle. Twenty minutes later, they've arrived at the administrative building of Odwaz.

"It'll be three silvers mister," the driver tells Steve in Imperial.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:01 pm

"Fuck my life....."

Mihai dashes after her, drops Waterglass on the Island as he vaults over it and grabs at the woman.

Jump 19


Last edited by K on Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

avatar

Posts : 1019
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:05 pm

"Here you go," says Steve in Wytrwaly, paying the man the three silver and three extra copper. "Keep the change."


Last edited by Kolson on Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

avatar

Posts : 1234
Join date : 2017-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:06 pm

"Wonderful. Amber, keep an eye out."

When Konrad sees Mihai rush forward, keeping a mental note that he had heard the scream echo from that direction, he does the same, following Mihai's lead.

(If he sees the staff woman, he'll help take her out)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

avatar

Posts : 1543
Join date : 2007-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:23 pm

Mihai

Mihai expertly vaults over the kitchen island table, even managing to avoid the cut vegetables, and grabs the well dressed woman without a hitch.

"No!" she yells in Wytrwaly, terrified. "Please, no!"
____________

Konrad

Amber exchanges a glance with Sunny, and the Aspect positions herself next to the door, protecting the unarmed captives. Florolf yelps at Konrad and joins Sunny in the defense of the storage room.

When he arrives in the kitchen, he sees that Mihai has already restrained a middle-aged woman.
____________

Steve

The driver tips his round hat at the young man. "Thank you mister," he says.

He spurs his hoses and drives his coach down the street in search of more clients. Fluffle flies into Steve's pocket, still half-awake, but keeps his head out.

"I hope Miss Zawistowski is here," he mutters while rubbing his eyes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

avatar

Posts : 1287
Join date : 2017-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:28 pm

Mihai puts his hand over her mouth, in vain hope that the shrieking won't stir things up in the house and magnify his headache tenfold.

"Lady, please calm down. Calm. Down."

Diplomacy 21


Last edited by K on Sun 26 Aug 2018, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III   

Back to top Go down
 
Act 2: Upheaval III
Back to top 
Page 5 of 42Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Archipelago :: The Archipelago Campaign – Part 1: The Immortals-
Jump to: