A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 12:30 am

"Please do. I tend to need a lot of that." - Mihai replies in appreciation, while tapping his sword handle. - "Mihai Lowick."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 12:39 am

Steve has a million questions but he does his best to act like a normal person meeting someone for the first time. Yes, very normal, "Wow! Cool robes! Where did you get them? Did you make them? Can I touch them? How do you stay cool in the sun?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 12:43 am

"You'll have your hands full with Mr. Lowick. That one not so much," Konrad says, now tilting his head at Steve, "he keeps out of harm's way. I'm Konrad Granger. As for myself, I can handle a little pain, just don't leave me to get torn up."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 12:56 am

The white mage nods at Mihai and turns to Steve, who's utterly fascinated by his clothes. "Oh, you like them?" he says. "They were made by one of our clanswomen actually; they're really comfortable."

While he lets Steve touch his clothes, Zenobiusz faces Konrad and says, "I promise I'll do my best. Hopefully, that will be enough."

The other companions now take their turn to introduce themselves.

"I'm Amber Windscarf. That guy's sister."

"I'm Fluffle! And this is Florolf."

The carbuncle yaps again. Once it is done, Nadzieja speaks to the adventurers. "We don't have a lot of time left."

"Less than a hour," her subordinate says.

"Yes. And I think you wanted to speak with Szef Makara, yes?"

"Speak to her?" Zenobiusz is perplexed by this.

"A personal matter between them," Nadzieja explains.

The white mage doesn't seem convinced, but he doesn't press her with questions.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 12:59 am

"She did a wonderful job. I'm Steve Oldturn by the way. Nice to meet you." He puts his hand out to shake.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 1:00 am

"Shouldn't take long, but it's important."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 1:02 am

Konrad turns to Nadzieja. "So that's what the hurry was about earlier. As you said, we really should know where she'll be right now. Before that, just to make sure, there was nothing else? Should we meet you back here?"

Deception 15
Earlier she insisted that we move... Looking at her now, did/does she see seem preoccupied?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:06 pm

Zenobiusz shakes Steve's hand and says, "Nice to meet you."

Nadzieja answers Konrad without missing a beat. "I'll just wait for you outside her chamber. We can go wait for the Tournament to start in the terraces after that."

"Uh, ma'am?" the white mage interjects. "I think it's the right time to tell you."

"Tell me what?" she asks.

"Your family is here. Jaropelk has taken the liberty to give them some of your seats."

The young woman is stunned by this news. "They're here? All of them?"

"Yes." Zenobiusz smiles at her.

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:07 pm

"That's nice. Maybe go see them?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:09 pm

Steve grins and gives her a thumbs up. "Hey, that's great news. Now they can share in your moment of triumph."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:10 pm

"Really? Not the entire family? Here?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:22 pm

Nadzieja doesn't look enchanted by the idea of her family "sharing in her moment of triumph", as Steve put it.

"They arrived by ship yesterday," Zenobiusz explains to the party. "Sorry for not telling you sooner ma'am; I think Jaropelk wanted to surprise you."

"It's more likely he didn't want to give me the chance to object," Nadzieja says with a sigh. "I—I should go see them. Zeno, can you take them to Szef Makara's chamber?"

"Yes, of course."

For the first time since the adventurers have met her, Nadzieja seems genuinely nervous.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:25 pm

"If you like, we can join you after we're done with Makara."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

"Amber, go with lady Szef before she has a heart attack on the way and can't become First. Take Fluffle and Lord Carbuncle for fire support."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:31 pm

The black mage tilts his head to the side when he notices her change in energy. "Why are you so nervous? They were very proud of you last we spoke."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:47 pm

Nadzieja absentmindedly nods at Konrad's suggestion. When Mihai tells the youngest members of the party to follow her, the fairy immediately gives a thumbs up and says, "You can count on us Ms. Zerva; we give the best kind of fire support."

"We also have all the munitions we need," Amber says while showing off her paper bag of pretzels.

This amuses Nadzieja, but this doesn't erase her concerns. When Steve asks her about it, she lowers her head and calmly says, "I could die in the ring, Steve. I'd rather not have them see that. If that happened—"

"You'll be fine," Zenobiusz says with a smile.

She turns to face the white mage, surprised by his confidence.

"You'll be fine," he repeats before looking at the rest of the party.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:48 pm

"You'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:55 pm

"I'm scared too. But it's not so bad when I remember I'll be there with my friends. You're our friend too. You can count on us."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeWed 03 Oct 2018, 11:56 pm

How young she is, after all. "Are they your family? Through thick and thin?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:15 am

Adding to Mihai and Steve's encouragement, Amber says, "And if something goes wrong, you can always use my brother as a meat-shield."

Agreeing with this logic, Fluffle nods confidently while Florolf approves with a yap. This support appeases Nadzieja, and Konrad's comment about family manages to convince her. "Yes, they are. Fine, fine... I'll go see them." She turns to Zenobiusz and asks, "Do you have the medallions?"

"Yes," he answers while taking two medallions and a set of bracers out of his knapsack, which he presents to the three mercenaries. "These have been woven to help you resist the Sleep spell. I think the bracers are for Mr. Lowick?"

OOC:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:18 am

"Oh. Thanks." - Mihai takes his.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:18 am

Aren't I great? Yes, I am great. Konrad takes his medallion and puts it on. "Excellent."

Spellcraft 21
Green Magic check.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:25 am

"Thank you for the medallion. I hope we don't need it but I can think of at least one fight where we will." Steve takes the magic object and puts it on.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:33 am

"I hope they serve you well," Nadzieja says. "Well... I should go. See you later."

She takes a moment to steel herself and leaves the chamber through the door. Amber and her two small companions follow suit.

"Bye guys," Amber says.

"See you," Fluffle adds.

Florolf trots behind the teenager and the fairy, making sure his behind is visible to Mihai. When they're gone, the white mage turns to the three mercenaries and asks them, "Do you need to prepare before we go to Szef Makara's room?"

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu 04 Oct 2018, 12:38 am

Konrad smiles. "Mentally? I am always prepared."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena
Page 36 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next