A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:28 am

"I can hardly believe what I saw out there. I shouldn't be surprised, I suppose... Anyway, if there's any support that Duma's other champions can provide, and if they wouldn't object, they don't have to come and bring it themselves if they don't want to. And if...I forgot his name, but if he can't cast Haste, then one of your supporters will do."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:29 am

Steve nods. "I agree, Duma should know. It's not fair that he doesn't."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:33 am

"I'll send a messenger," Nadzieja says. She sighs, clearly concerned about Szef Makara's abilities, but shakes her head and compose herself. "For now, we should eat and rest before the next battle."

"Well, I am famished..." Zenobiusz says.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:36 am

"I could definitely go for some food. I don't care what anyone says, getting healed by spells always makes me hungry." Steve gathers up a plate of food, sits down, and starts digging in.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:40 am

Mihai grabs a bite here and there of whatever looks tasty and chews thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:43 am

Konrad's mask comes down, and he starts to eat in silence. He brings each bite to his mouth as though waiting for the right time to say something.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:50 am

As Steve eats and focuses on relaxing he notices Konrad's mood. "What's on your mind, Konrad?" Steve sounds tired.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:52 am

He looks up from his food. "Well. It's just hitting me now, that we all stand a chance of being killed tonight. Szef Makara came at Szef Celusniak with everything she had, may he rest in peace, and I've been holding onto some things for a while that I should probably get off my chest before one of us gets carved up out there."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:52 am

Nadzieja and Zenobiusz look at Konrad with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:53 am

Mihai looks up and waits.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:55 am

Steve motions for Konrad to continue.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 1:04 am

"Steve," he begins, with a sigh, "you were right about everything, and you all deserve to know the truth about me. I didn't get in over my head or go overboard with anything. A long time ago, I left my home with the intention to use people, kill them, and take whatever I want. No one mattered but me. I knew very well what I was signing up for when I got on the Capricorn, and I looked forward to it. In the end, it ruined me, and I've been wearing a mask to cover it up ever since."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 1:05 am

Mihai says nothing, but Konrad clearly has his attention.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 4:42 pm

Different emotions flitter across Steve's face: Surprise, confusion, triumph, and sadness. "You really did think about what I said. I wasn't sure you would. I hoped...but I still wasn't sure."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 9:24 pm

"Well. I've encountered some facts and situations during our time together that don't mesh with my experience, and trying to fit them together has been...disturbing. I find myself between worlds, and I wanted to put all of this off for after my soul searching is complete. The issue there, to state the obvious, is that my chances of dying before I manage that have just spiked within the last hour."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 9:32 pm

"Happens now and then. You either will or you won't, just like the rest of us." - Mihai speaks with a hint of stubborn detachment before taking another bite. There's a kind of determination in his stare.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 9:40 pm

Steve looks like he's going to say something but just nods at the greatly spiked chance of dying part.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 9:44 pm

Konrad looks at Mihai. "And I'm lucky to have a chance to clear my conscience, like anyone else. We haven't always gotten along. I understand it's my fault. In the past I used to treat you like a walking powder keg, when in reality it was always the reverse. I thought I was superior, especially to you. In truth, no one is superior."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 9:52 pm

Still staring at Konrad, Mihai stops chewing. He puts his food down, then gulps. He looks down for a moment - "Hmm..." - then shrugs somberly and looks back at Konrad - "Well, for what it's worth... i can tell you mean it this time. If that's been bothering you, you can put it to rest."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Oct 2018, 10:04 pm

Konrad starts eating again. "I wish the others were here. I have some things I need to say to them as well."

He looks at Nadia. "I would like to talk to you again. Alone."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 9:18 pm

Nadzieja and Zenobiusz ate in silence and let the mercenaries talk among themselves. It came to the Szef's surprise when Konrad expressed his desire to speak to her alone. "Uh, sure," she says. "Now?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 9:48 pm

He shakes his head. "No, just after we eat."

His elbow rests against something on the inside of his coat. "There's something I have to show you all, and honestly it could also wait until after our meal."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm

"Well okay. But I'm already feeling sleepy so I apologize in advance if the food knocks me out. I'm glad I learned how to cast faster but it always wares me out faster too." He goes back to eating.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 10:23 pm

Mihai nods with a shrug - "...Ok."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Oct 2018, 11:33 pm

After the five of them clear the table of food, Konrad floats the plates off to the side somewhere. Then, he reaches into his hidden holster, and pulls something out by a handle. It looks like a miniature cannon. Odd-looking gizmos are sticking out of it, but clearly of some sophisticated design. he places it on the table as he pulls out some other instruments: some rod that looks like it could fit down the barrel, a flask, and a small round ball with some density to it.

"This is the project I was working on. I managed to complete it before our last job for the Coins. Before now, only Breeze knew it existed. I told her not to talk about it, but I won't be able to keep it a secret forever. That's why I have to show it to you now and tell you how it works."

He pauses for them to take it in. "I call it a small-arms personnel hand cannon, or just 'hand cannon' for short. It isn't as strong as a cannon, but it still packs a punch. Currently the reloading is slower than actual guns on a ship, but I have ideas on how to improve it. Using this weapon eliminates the need for fighting techniques, and would force the Enemy to make use of cover tactics. To hurt someone, all you have to do is point the weapon, and pull the trigger. The only learning required to use it is how to aim properly, and how to maintain it, just like any other weapon."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next