A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm

Konrad ponders it for a few seconds, and nods. "Yeah, I should be able to repair all our clothing with everything I have left. You'll have to stand still, though. It's going to take a few minutes."

He calls Nadia by name and taps her on the shoulder. "I can mend our clothes right now, if you like. I'm a practitioner of weaving."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 10:57 pm

"I'm fine. See?" Steve takes the slushy and begins sipping it. "Zeno did a great job of healing me back during the fight and the medics finished the job after. I'm not going to lie though, it hurt a lot. I highly recommend not having things forcibly inserted into your shoulder if you can help it." He laughs in good spirits about it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:07 pm

"Yeah, it was so crazy from up here!" Amber says with dramatic movements of her arms. "It was like ‘boom’! And then ‘fssssh’!"

"I didn't know magic could be so powerful," Fluffle says.

Meanwhile, Nadzieja turns away from one of her clansmen and listens to Konrad. "Really? That'd be helpful. Give me a few minutes and I'll be there."

She thanks him and returns her attention to her people.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:11 pm

"Yup. Magic."

Mihai slumps down on the nearest chair, tired.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:12 pm

"Oh, here, Florolf." Steve picks up the carbuncle and wraps him around his neck so he can still see everyone but be supported. He then lets the carbuncle have a sip before taking one himself. "Oh, magic is very powerful. But we don't usually throw so much around all at once. For one thing, our stamina isn't infinite as you guys both know. But for the other, it's not usually a responsible use of our gifts. We don't want to scare people or hurt anyone without cause. At least not usually. And if we are too free with the power, it may cause Madness, and no one wants that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:19 pm

He smiles at her and turns around to talk to the others. He listens to them talk for a bit, and nods at at Mihai. "Just so."

Quote :
"And if we are too free with the power, it may cause Madness, and no one wants that."

He frowns. "That reminds me: that arrow Szef Duma hit me with contained raw magic. I'd like to have a chat with him about that... That notwithstanding, I'm glad everything unfolded as it did. We stuck to the plan and acted as one, and it paid off. Now to prepare for the next fight, and speaking of which, I'm ready to start mending clothes. Who's first?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:21 pm

Mihai suddenly opens his eyes again - "Oh yeah, are you ok? The f--" - he bites his tongue, remembering the children nearby - "...was that? I thought a weapon like that would be banned."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:24 pm

"It is in the Feathers." Steve shrugs and gives Florolf another sip before taking another one of his own.  "I'm guessing they are more lax about that kind of thing here." He looks to Konrad for confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:27 pm

"That does sound like a Myrzen thing to do," Amber comments.

"Are you okay?" Fluffle asks Konrad, worried. "You're not going to go mad, right?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:33 pm

Konrad nods to Steve.

"I'm alright, it only drained me some, but to use that kind of enchantment with the intent to cause Madness is very illegal. Otherwise, no, it's not regulated. If that had happened to me, it wouldn't have been grounds to disqualify. Some like to point out that people die in these tournaments, but I don't think that equivocates the risk of dying with the threat raw magic poses."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:35 pm

"Intent..." - Mihai scoffs.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:41 pm

"I'll go first. Duma got me right in the shoulder." He shows Konrad the damage to his robes. Holes and bloodstains from what the red mage can see.  "I was able to dodge some of it." When Konrad sees the damage he quickly realizes how close Steve came to taking an earth shard to the heart.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct 2018, 11:47 pm

"Yeah, looks like you managed." Konrad chooses to say nothing about it while he weaves the robes intact.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 12:29 am

Florolf is clearly displeased when he has to leave Steve's shoulders to give some space for Konrad to work with. It takes fifteen minutes for the red mage to mend everyone's clothes , for which Zenobiusz and Nadzieja are thankful for. The party members spend the next half hour talking with each other and watching the carbuncles races. A few minutes before the next battle is set to begin, the Zerva family members have a talk with Saria.

"This could a lot more brutal than the fight between Duma and Nadia," Leon warns her. "Are you sure you want to stay? We can come back later if you want."

"...No," the girl says with a serious tone. "I want to stay."

Leon and Valor aren't pleased with her decision, but they know she has witnessed much worse than this, and in her own home. The least they can do is respect her wishes.

Volwind reassures his guardians with a nod that he'll look after his little sister. Soon, the fairies and carbuncles leave the center of the Arena once again, signaling to everyone to sit down and wait for the battle to begin. The announcer reappears from the side door built into the wall of the Arena, microphone in hand.

"Ladies, gentlemen and fairies, we will now begin the second battle of this Tournament, which will determine who will fight Szef Zerva for the title of First! Let us begin—at the northern gate!"

Leopold Czelusniak and his four champions step first into the ring of sand. The tall man wears a red leather armor emblazoned with his sigil; two axes that crisscross each other, held together by ropes. He holds in his two hands the axes in question, sharpened and cleaned for the Tournament. His appearance is striking for many people in the Arena: his muscles bulge from underneath the armor each time his feet dig into the sand, and he keeps his shoulder-length hair loose and styles his beard with braids.

The announcer presents him and his champions to the audience: Leopold Czelusniak, the Beast of Barbazyn; Lilia Kotlowski, white mage; Marin Mulka, black mage; and two berserkers who wield an axe in each hand, Aleksander Taber and Ernest Kwiatek. These are well equipped warriors who are itching for a good fight.

Next is Wanda Makara, the Red Sword of Atak. At least fifty years old, she still wears her long red coat over a well crafted leather armor in pristine condition, gray trousers and a pair of leather boots. Her blond hair are short, which seems to be a practical choice on her part. Just like all of her compatriots, she has gone through intense physical training and thus has gained noticeable muscle mass.

The announcer presents her and her champions: Zdzislaw Kusz and Eliasz Matusiak, two shield-bearing warriors armed with longswords; and finally, Arleta Katschorowska and Janusz Kosior, two nimble-looking warriors in leather armor who yield short swords in both hands. Unlike the other team, these champions ignore the crowd and focus on the fight ahead instead. They don't seem easily distracted by anything.

The audience quiets down. Once the announcer has explained the rules again, he stands back and waits for the teams to take position. He lets the silence stretch on purpose, until finally, he shouts, "Fight!"

Wanda Makara doesn't waste any second and casts Haste on herself and the rest of her team, who then immediately charge on Leopold and his champions. Szef Makara follows them but keeps her distance while she casts another spell; Sleep. The three berserkers have already entered into a frenzied rage and probably wouldn't be affected by it, so she decides to cast it on the two mages instead. They attempt to resist the magic and unfortunately for the white mage, she falls to the ground, asleep.

Marin Mulka—the black mage—summons bolts of lightning which he flings at his opponents so his companions can finish them off. The spell hits but its effects are not as effective as they should be; Wanda and her champions must be wearing armors that halve magical damage. This doesn't bode well for Leopold's team who is beset on all sides by the hastened warriors. Dark red blood quickly splatters the sand, and one of the berserkers fall on the ground, most likely dead.

Every injury Leopold and his champions inflict on their enemy is quickly undone by Szef Makara, who casts healing spells left and right such as Cure, Regen, and even Life when one of her companions falls unconscious. She's a rare type of red mage, one who specializes into white and yellow magic.

When one of her nimble warriors comes behind the black mage and cuts him down, Szef Czelusniak finally snaps. He becomes a whirlwind of death who seeks to destroy his enemies, and in the ensuring onslaught, manages to cut down the head off of one of the two rogues—Janusz Kosior.

The other berserk soon falls to the ground too, having been bested by the shield-bearing warriors, leaving Leopold alone against four opponents. Amazingly enough, he disables Wanda's minions by shoving them aside with his axes; there's so much blood, it's hard to tell who might have survived and who hasn't.

It all comes down to a duel between the raw strength of Leopold Czelusniak and the calculated tactics of Wanda Makara. The red mage unsheathes her longsword, a powerful woven blade of sharp water, and answers to the berserker's challenge.

She repeatedly slashes and stabs him with her sword—which switches into one of the other eight Elements between each hit—before retreating to a safe distance, not letting him the satisfaction of even touching her. Her unnatural speed would be too much to handle for most people, but Leopold takes the hits better than even the Werewolf. Suddenly, just when Szef Makara makes another pass at the berserker, Leopold lets go of one of his axes and catches the red mage by the throat.

He raises his other axe, ready to strike it down on her head.

But it doesn't. It simply falls to the ground, along with Leopold's body. At the last second, the red mage managed to thrust her sword through her opponent's head, killing him instantly. The only one left standing on the battlefield now is Wanda Makara, who's trying to catch her breath.

The crowd has momentarily fallen silent.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 12:42 am

Mihai looks on with a grave expression - "................."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 12:48 am

Konrad watches this fight with a mix of shock and focus, trying to take in everything he can learn about the capabilities and tactics of either team at first, but quickly resolving to pay closer attention to Wanda, when Leopold becomes enraged. He finds himself mouthing the spells he sees take effect from where he's sitting.

Momentarily forgetting himself, when it's over, his gaze fixed on the muck formed from the sand and blood and Wanda in the center of it, he says, "We'll have to kill him."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:17 pm

Steve wears a grave expression throughout the match but he's downright pale by the time it is over. "...shit."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:26 pm

Nadzieja has remained composed during the whole fight, and now that it's over, she still doesn't betray any feelings. It is however undeniable that Wanda Makara has proven herself a deadly challenge, one that the party will have to meet.

"Szef Makara wins this round!" the presenter declares.

The audience acclaim loudly for the red mage's victory while many mages rush onto the field and cast spell on the champions. Wanda herself kneels down next to her people to ascertain their condition.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:28 pm

Mihai squints, trying to see if she's removing any Orbs.

Awareness 18(AP) (Does her hand go near their heads? Do i see any colored glow?)
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:35 pm

"We're going to need help from Duma and his yellow mage friend. Nadzieja, if you have any favors, you have one more chance to call them in."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:36 pm

The black mage watches the medics work, waiting to see how many of the fallen will rise again. He's thankful that they got Duma instead of Leo or Wanda first.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:49 pm

Mihai sees Wanda take the pulse of her champions and cast Cure spells as fast as she can, but her hands never seem to go near their heads.

"Shh, don't speak here," Nadzieja warns Konrad. "People are watching."

A few people in the audience are indeed glancing at the monk and her retinue, muttering among themselves, but the majority of them are focused on the injured fighters at the moment.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Oct 2018, 10:52 pm

Konrad catches one of them and returns their onlooking with a glare of his own.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:17 am

The onlookers quickly turn away from Konrad, too intimidated by him to sustain his gaze.

After a minute of waiting for the mages to heal the survivors of the battle, the announcer reveals that only two people on Szef Czelusniak's side have survived; Lilia Kotlowski, the white mage, and Aleksander Taber, one of the berserkers. They both are shocked and saddened by the news that their leader and friends have died in battle, but they nevertheless make the effort to stand up and face Wanda Makara.

"This was a well-deserved victory," the white mage says with tears welling in her eyes. "May you find glory in future battles."

Szef Makara respectfully bows to them, acknowledging the valor they demonstrated in battle.

Her cohort is reduced to only two champions; Zdzislaw Kusz, a shield-bearing warrior, and Arleta Katschorowska, a nimble warrior whose swords pierced the black mage's heart. Despite their rough appearance, they also grieve the deaths of their own comrades. When the host of the event announces that the Arena shall have a minute of silence in honor for the departed, the four remaining champions decide to stand side by side over the bodies of their companions. The whole audience stands up as well. Tears roll down the cheeks of many, and a few in the Barbazyn section try to hold back their sobs.

As for Wanda Makara, she stares at her departed champions with apparent sorrow.

Nadzieja and her retinue have moved to a cool chamber underneath the Arena, where the walls of stone are cold to the touch and sunlight is absent. There are five beds in this room, all lined up against the wall, and a table on which plates of food have been brought; bread, fruits and cold meat—food easy to digest. Two oil lanterns are the sole sources of light in this room.

"So you want to ask Zenon's mage for a Haste spell," Nadzieja says after listening to the adventurers' request. "It's a good idea, yes, especially after what we've seen Makara do. We could just ask one of my mages, but... you wanted to talk to him about something else, right?"

She looks over to Zenobiusz, who isn't sure what the adventurers could possibly want with Szef Duma that isn't related to the Tournament.

"Should I leave you four alone?" he asks.

"No, it's not necessary." She faces the party members again. "I can arrange that. It's not like Zenon would refuse me."

"He certainly wouldn't."

Zenobiusz chuckles, causing Nadzieja to blush just a little.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Oct 2018, 12:25 am

"Well... there are a few things we may not have another chance to tell him about."

The implication is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next