A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 11 Nov 2018, 9:07 pm

"These are like the one you gave Nick, right Jacob?" She takes one. "What exactly do they do?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 9:14 pm

"Weren't they supposed to carry the will of the Enemy?" Anne inquires.

"Yes," Jacob says. "That didn't work, but they kept experimenting with them. The first time they did, they used it on a green mage. It..." The fairy pauses, finding it difficult to retells the events of that day. "It freed him from the Enemy's control. Permanently, even after taking the orb out. They never experimented with it in front of me since then. But listening to them, I think it does something else. Something they don't like."

He looks at the squad with piercing eyes, determined to stop the Elementals.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 9:55 pm

"I wonder what that is... We'll stop them, Jacob."

She puts the orb in her head.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 11:32 pm

Nick is struck by something Jacob said, and can't help but stare into nothing. Smirk looks a bit shocked for a moment and looks at his summoner. The two share a look, grimacing sympathetically until Smirk lightly punches Nick in the shoulder, snapping him out of it.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 11:40 pm

May takes the offered orb, watches Sam stuff it into her own head, and then copies what her friend did. "Not so bad. May didn't feel at all."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 11:50 pm

Anne and Marcus follow us, apprehensive at first, and then surprised. May was right; they didn't feel anything at all. As for Jacob, he looks pleased to see his new companions so eager to help him defeat the Elementals.

"Well..." The colonel began, puzzled. "That's not what I expected."

"How did it feel, Mr. Riddle?" Jacob asks.

"Like... if the orb wasn't there at all."

"Same thing for me," Anne says.

"I didn't break it, right?"

"I don't think so," the fairy replied, fascinated.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 12 Nov 2018, 11:58 pm

"What happens if an orb is dewoven, Jacob? Do you know if the owner of that orb would still be protected?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:04 am

"I don't know," Jacob admits. "I thought about what I saw when the green mage used it, and... well, I don't think the orb ‘protects’ you. I think it cuts the mental link between the mages and the Enemy."

"So Nick should still be okay if he ever removes his orb," Anne says, relieved.

"Yes."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:09 am

Nick and Smirk snap out of their dour reverie enough to register - "Huh? That's a thing?" - Smirk inquires absentmindedly - "It comes off?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:11 am

Jacob nods at Nick. "I just need to put my hand on your forehead and—although, maybe you can do it yourself...?"

He considers the possibility.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:12 am

"Is good. Thank you for orbs Jacob. Now May punch right things." She takes a drink.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:13 am

Nick tries it. Smirk notes - "If i suddenly go all Down with Humans, just hammer it back in."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:15 am

Marcus and Anne instinctively reach for their daggers, and wait for Nick to say something. The green mage has now his orb back in hand. Jacob doesn't seem worried though.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:18 am

"Uh... i'm still pretty ok with everyon..." - Smirk starts, but then nudges Nick on the head and they both stare at the floor - "Just in case Phil is just watching. So uh... anyone detect anything nasty?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:24 am

Spellcraft 31
Answer: Mental link between summoner and aspect, enchanted items, a lot of magical distortion around May's wineskin.

"I can detect the mental link between Nick and Smirk, but nothing that indicates whether they've been compromised." She eyes May's wineskin for a second, then returns her attention to the colonel. "Even so, I trust Jacob knows what he's talking about, sir."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:27 am

Smirk's eyes go wide and he grabs Nick by the shoulders - "You're my Summoner!? All this time i thought it was Anne!!" - he points at the White Mage without looking, for dramatic effect.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:28 am

Sam genuinely giggles at this.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:30 am

May laughs at the joke.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:39 am

Marcus is unfazed by Smirk's latest antics, unlike Anne who smiles at the duo. Jacob waits a moment before he speaks to the colonel again.

"I see nothing either, Mr. Riddle," he confirms.

"Good enough for me," the Colonel replies. "Still, I'd prefer you keep the orb Nick. Just in case the Enemy can regain control of you."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:42 am

Nick looks at the Orb for a moment, then puts it back in.

Smirk is still down in the dumps - "My whole life was a lie..." - he whispers.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:46 am

"Well, I don't think I'll be taking mine out unless I have a very good reason. So, poker?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:48 am

Nick shakes his head, trying to get something off his mind. Then looks at Sam and shrugs.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 12:50 am

May throws her hands up and says, "Poker!" She's ready.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 1:05 am

The squad members move to the galley, the one place on this ship where they can find a table large enough to seat them all. Colonel Riddle makes sure to lock the door while they're in there so that Jacob can fly around freely without having to worry about the crew seeing him—which must be avoided whenever possible, the fairy explains.

And so for the next two hours, they play their first game of poker.

Samantha proves herself to be a skilled player, which should not come as a surprise since she's the one who suggested they play, but she often struggle to call on Nick's and Smirk's bluffs. It's a good thing they agreed to play as one player and alternate who gets to make the decisions on each hand, or they'd probably beat her without too much problem. May plays competently and even wins a few hands, even though Marcus proves to be a thorn in her side. He seems to enjoy disrupting the game from time to time by betting without even looking at his cards. As for Anne and Jacob, they decide to team up just like Nick and Smirk since they've had to learn the rules of the game on the spot. The fairy proves himself to be a fairly quick learner however, and with some practice, could become a very skilled poker player.

Unfortunately for the rest of the squad, Samantha wins this one. Marcus comments that he's glad they didn't have to play for money. Anne tends to agree, while Jacob tries to understand the concept of gambling piles of coppers and silvers.

May and Captain Oldturn:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 13 Nov 2018, 1:15 am

First game of poker:
Sam does a victory pump. "Yes! I am the best! Who's crying now, Punchdrunk?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy   2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Interlude: The Conspiracy
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next