A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:16 am

Rory wrote:
Folding his arms, Hunter loses much of the hot air he was going to blow. "Well of course the entire druid circle isn't two people," he mumbles.

"Fine. What's the best solution, Joshua? And how do we get the finger back if they won't part with it?" Aside from violence.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:16 am

Essoje wrote:
"Not saying it's the best solution, but it's better than picking a fight we might be unable to win. But first, uh... Lio--- no, it was Liam? Please tell us all the information you have on the Harkon's Heart, Nesme and her daughter, every little detail you can come up with. Oh, and please remember we are no druids, so if there's a point you think it would be a given, tell us anyways."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:18 am

Kolson wrote:
"I can work the door and open another path if necessary, but it's doubtful a gnoll would open a gate to the Nine Hells," says Liam, "It's more likely it was the Abyss. But you don't seem to believe me about Nesme and her crew. Perhaps if you have all the information you'll see reason."

Liam then tells you many stories. At times he has Lily recite a tale, clearly testing her memory of the history. He rarely has to correct her.

The Treants of the Nentir Vale:

The Treant Civil War:

The Great March:

The Harken's Heart Druids:

Nesme and Allinandra:

"It's a lot of information. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:18 am

K wrote:
Carlos strokes his beard listlessly. Then sighs - "¿Would the Gnolls have been able to penetrate this grove on their own?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:19 am

Rory wrote:
ooc:

Hunter's arms hug tighter over his chest. He winces with each detail he knew, each one he could have mentioned when all this began, until his eyes are drawn shut. He remains deadly silent after Liam finishes telling the legends.

To Carlos, he answers, "I sincerely doubt it, friend."

"Go ahead and say it. I'm a screw-up." Pause. "Here we are now, with Nesme ready to form a trade agreement with a merchant guild. A deal she will try to take advantage of if her latest tricks don't result in the curse's undoing."

"You want us to 'see reason', Liam. What wisdom? What recourse do you believe we should turn to?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:19 am

K wrote:
"No es sobre ti, carajo." - Carlos mutters, then addresses the party in general - "And yeah, given what else they're like to do, wouldn't surprise me now if they'd been the ones to lure the pendejos to this place."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
This history lesson seems to unsettle Kathryn, and the more she hears about it, the more it agitates her. Nevertheless, she stays immobile and doesn't say word, preferring to reflect on what she just learned, or most likely, try to make sense of it all while she waits for Liam to address Carlos' and Hunter's concerns.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:20 am

Rory wrote:
"Liam, can your circle afford to bring someone back to life? Are you and the children the only ones left of it?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:20 am

K wrote:
"What mi friend here is trying not to say, is that Nesme has the finger of one of your people. The lady was in the middle of a corpse pile that was feeding the Summoning Circle, and Jojo here thought it best to burn them all except the finger, and then gave that to her. We didn't know, but we're responsible for that."

Carlos takes a pained breath, knowing this is bad - "Saying sorry is cheap. ¿What can we do to make it right?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:21 am

Kolson wrote:
K wrote:
Carlos strokes his beard listlessly. Then sighs - "¿Would the Gnolls have been able to penetrate this grove on their own?"

"They never have before. I know that might not sound like a good answer but hear me out. If they used some form of fell magic to force their way in you wouldn't have needed a druid to get in here in the first place as there would be a hole, right? And if they used magic to subtly open a door why didn't the Spirit of the Grove warn us? I'm not saying we shouldn't investigate to be sure but I hope you can see why I'm skeptical they found their own way in."

Rory wrote:
"You want us to 'see reason', Liam. What wisdom? What recourse do you believe we should turn to?"

"I don't know what the solution is but this talk of making deals with them and dismissal of my warnings as fearmongering is folly. I commend you for trying to be fair and see both sides but they don't deserve it. Sure, they help out here and there but that's because their interests happen to intersect with ours from time to time. Don't make the mistake of thinking they do it out of the goodness of their hearts."

Rory wrote:
"Liam, can your circle afford to bring someone back to life? Are you and the children the only ones left of it?"

Liam frowns and a look of profound pain and loss settles on his face. "We don't resurrect the dead except in the gravest of emergencies. At most we'd reincarnate those who lost their lives too soon and even then that would be up to the Spirits to agree. The cycle of life and death is a part of nature. Whether we like it or not. The rest of the Circle is out fighting the gnoll horde. Last we heard they live."

K wrote:
"What mi friend here is trying not to say, is that Nesme has the finger of one of your people. The lady was in the middle of a corpse pile that was feeding the Summoning Circle, and Jojo here thought it best to burn them all except the finger, and then gave that to her. We didn't know, but we're responsible for that."

Carlos takes a pained breath, knowing this is bad - "Saying sorry is cheap. ¿What can we do to make it right?"

Liam's face blanches at this revelation. "What did she look like?"

Zoe describes her. "Human lady about your age, raven colored hair, dressed in a robe much like your own."

Tom cries out in pain and begins crying loudly. Lily hugs him while crying tears of her own.

"Walk with the Spirits, Dianne," says Liam sadly. "She was our Circle's second and a good friend. She deserved better than that. They all did. But I don't know what Nesme hopes to accomplish with her finger. Nothing good I'm sure."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:22 am

Zeiss wrote:
This discussion is clearly starting to irritate Kathryn. The way she frowns, she appears to feel overwhelmed by the amount of information that has been thrown at them. After letting out a sigh of exasperation, she discreetly steps outside the room to recuperate. For a short moment, she stands there, immobile. The young woman gives a few glances at her companions, who are standing only a few feet away from her, and then refocuses her attention on the door they just came through a few minutes ago; the one leading to the chamber where the magical tree resides. Her whole body suddenly relaxes and she, almost automatically, walks back into that room.

"Hi," she says to the tree as she timidly waves at it. "It's me... again." She clears her throat. "Sorry for bothering you, but I'm wondering if you could help us. You see, we were wondering if the gnolls managed to enter the grove because of their -what do you call it? Uh, shaman? Yeah, shaman. Or, is it because of the two Harken druids standing just outside the door?"

She stays silent for a few seconds before she quickly adds, "Uh, if you don't know the answer, can you... point us in the right direction so we can figure it out? Please?"

With some hesitation, she bows to the venerable spirit.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:22 am

Kolson wrote:
A branch of the great tree slowly stretches and grows towards Katheryn. When it is a foot away (0.3048 m), a red flower the size of Kat's fist grows and blooms toward her. The center of the flower glows with a light red light, projecting a steady and comforting feeling.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
With some hesitation, she raises her hand, puts her fingers around the flower's stem, and waits for the tree to giver her a signal that tells her it's okay to pluck it out.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:23 am

K wrote:
Carlos goes grim - "She'll accomplish nothing, Señor, because she won't get to keep it. Carlos not too smart, but even i should have put 2 and 2 together when when i noticed those monste--" - Carlos stops himself short as he notices the children there - "--how they seem to have gotten in here without alerting everyone." - but it only makes him angrier - "They've got Ludmilla resting in some grass bed, so we need to get her first, and maybe get some o'that good old stratetgic advantage before we start the party. But what they did here..." - Carlos clenches his fist - "They don't walk."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:23 am

Rory wrote:
"Carlos, just calm down for a minute. Nesme's not that crazy, she won't hold Ludmilla ransom. That only hurts her position."

"We think we know what she wants to do. She means to bargain Dianne's resurrection in exchange for breaking the curse. I'm sorry, Liam, we need to convince her that it's futile. But, I think you can help us with that..."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:24 am

Kolson wrote:
The flower glows brighter as Katheryn's hand grasps it. The feeling of peace and contentment is making her a little sleepy. It reminds her of a happy and content memory with her mom or dad from when she was young.
-----------------------------
"Well," says Liam, "I guess it depends on what you guys have in mind. If you want to talk it's best we go out the main entrance, yes? But if you want to get the jump on them I do have a way for you to do that but you won't like it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:24 am

K wrote:
"No reason we can't do both, is there?" - Carlos muses - "I can go out and talk to her, seeing as they're so fond of Hunter over here. If that fails, we jump."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Won't that just give away the element of surprise?" asks Zoe.

Liam shrugs. "It might, yeah. It depends on how Carlos handles it. But are you sure you want to go alone? Those folks are dangerous."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Carlos shrugs - "It'll only show them i'm in front of them and talking. Hopefully, their attention will be on me enough to allow you to sneak up on them. And i can make an argument or two, maybe we won't need to fight it out." Carlos taps his chainmail - "This thing here doesn't help me sneak around, but lets me take a hit or two before you intervene. Seems like the best way to use me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:25 am

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn has some difficulty keeping her eyes open, and she starts to wonder if this was done on purpose. She looks back and forth between the flower and the door, somewhat confused by this turn of events, until she finally makes her decision. She hesitantly sits down, leaning her back against the trunk, and closes her eyes with the intention of falling asleep.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:25 am

Kolson wrote:
After moving away from the flower, Kat finds the sense of peace and its accompanying drowsiness lessens greatly. She finds she's not as tired as she was. Does she continue to try to sleep?
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
She scratches her head, returns to the flower... and plucks it from the branch.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"That's uh, close to what I had in mind. We'll need Liam with us for her to really believe it, but if she doesn't see us all coming out, won't she be onto us? She's also expecting me to call her with her pendant..." Something doesn't seem right. Hunter eyes the amber pendant with suspicion, then holds it out for Jojo. "Can you 'check' this for me?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:26 am

K wrote:
"If Liam's with us, it means we don't bullshit. We don't exchange pleasantries, don't beat around the bush. We straight out play it like it is: we suspect them, and we want the finger back. Because no way will she think we're still on her side the moment she sees him." - Carlos reasons

"That being said, we DO need Liam to guide whoever's planning to get the drop on them. Me and Kat should be enough to approach Nesme - we work together well enough, and can't really sneak around all that well; we'd only compromise you."

ooc:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 1:28 am

Kolson wrote:
Zeiss wrote:
She scratches her head, returns to the flower... and plucks it from the branch.

A white light flashes from the flower, blinding Katheryn. When she can see again, she finds that she is standing outside in a great, moonlit meadow. The moon looms large in the night sky, larger than Kat's ever seen it, as it rests within a great sea of bright, twinkling stars. To Kat's left a brook babbles its way through the night while on her right a great forest stretches across the horizon. She seems to be standing on a hill. The tree, so large back in Eyton's Grove, is now a much smaller version of itself, no more than a magic oak tree of the usual size. From behind Katheryn a woman's voice is heard. "Hello."

When Kat turns around she sees an elven woman with fine, white hair in a fine, strapless white dress. No, strike that, her eyes are orbs of pearlescent blue, marking her as eladrin, one of the other elven races. Kat had seen one from a distance back in Therund. The eladrin lady's skin is as pale as moonlight and around her head float 9 moats of white light. She is sitting on a marble chair, decorated with carved vines and flowers, surrounded by a small pond of elvish make. There is an air of sadness about the woman which doesn't quite reach her eyes. She folds her delicate hands in her lap and waits for Katheryn to speak.

Rory wrote:
"That's uh, close to what I had in mind. We'll need Liam with us for her to really believe it, but if she doesn't see us all coming out, won't she be onto us? She's also expecting me to call her with her pendant..."

Something doesn't seem right. Hunter eyes the amber pendant with suspicion, then holds it out for Jojo. "Can you 'check' this for me?"

K wrote:
"If Liam's with us, it means we don't bullshit. We don't exchange pleasantries, don't beat around the bush. We straight out play it like it is: we suspect them, and we want the finger back. Because no way will she think we're still on her side the moment she sees him." - Carlos reasons

"That being said, we DO need Liam to guide whoever's planning to get the drop on them. Me and Kat should be enough to approach Nesme - we work together well enough, and can't really sneak around all that well; we'd only compromise you."

ooc:

Jojo takes the pendent. "Good idea. This will take a while though." He nods at Carlos in acknowledgement.

"Why don't we rest for a bit? I will keep watch in case the people outside become impatient."

"Let's go to the other bedroom so we can give the others some privacy."

Hunter and Jojo leave the bedroom to rest elsewhere so Jojo can examine the pendent. It will take a short rest, which is 1 hour.

After they leave Zoe looks around and says, "Speaking of Kat, where is she? I haven't seen her in a while."

Tom speaks up, "She left."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next