A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:13 pm

OOC:

Zoe finds she doesn't have enough information to counter Jojo or Carlos's reasonable arguments so she tries a different tactic. "What do we even know about the Harken's Heart druids anyway? Did Ludmilla mention anything about their history, Hunter?"

After a short, peaceful walk to the remaining door (map east), you guys find it locked. When approached, the stone that operates the door is different than the others in that the elvish word for open has not lit up. The door of roots won't open no matter how many times "open" is pushed. Above the door is a likeness of a big tree surrounded by a light blue circle, not unlike the color of the dead druid's robe.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:14 pm

Essoje wrote:
Joshua raises an eyebrow at the 'druidic door' not answering to the inputs and starts scratching his thin beard, "Ain't this perfect... i'mah hoping them gnolls did not smash this shut."

Action:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:14 pm

Jojo senses a protective aura from the door that continues into the wall, ceiling, and floor. Such holistic bindings are typical for followers of the Spirit Way such as druids, that draw their power from the Primal Spirits. The power source for this binding is likely the strongest spirit in the area.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm

Essoje wrote:
Joshua explains this to the party as his player was already leaving for work and don't have the time to RP it.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm

Rory wrote:
Hunter traces one of his horns to the tip ponderously. "I don't know how we're supposed to commune with a spirit. It would be dumb luck if Zoe could simply offer a prayer to her patron deity. Maybe...that meditation room? Kind of a long shot, but it's the one place aside from what lies beyond this door that the gnolls didn't invade."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:22 pm

K wrote:
"So, the tree. I just swing a hammer, so i'm not versed in the art like yous guys. Think you could commune with it, Zoe?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:23 pm

The cleric considers Carlos' idea for a few seconds. "I could try with Jojo's help. I don't know if it will work or not. I mean Jojo, the druids, and I all use different mojo for our power sources."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:24 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"The tree? Uh."

Kathryn's expression is one of reflection and concern. The young woman stares at the door for a long moment, until she suddenly turns around and starts walking towards the biggest room of the grove, leaving the rest of the party behind. She stops in front of the tree, looks up at the branches, and after some hesitation, she greets it with a bow.

"Hi. I'm Kathryn. Over there are Zoe, Hunter, Jojo and Carlos. We came to free this grove from the gnolls who attacked the poor people of this place... I'm sorry we couldn't save anyone." She lowers her head. "But there's still one door left locked, and the others said you might be responsible for it. So could you open it for us, so we can finish the job? Please."

She bows again.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:26 pm

Rory wrote:
Kolson wrote:
Zoe punches Hunter in the arm for ignoring her and then starts ignoring him.
"Ow." Hunter is lost in his own world.

Kolson wrote:
The cleric considers Carlos' idea for a few seconds. "I could try with Jojo's help. I don't know if it will work or not. I mean Jojo, the druids, and I all use different mojo for our power sources."

"I could help, if it's not too much trouble. I keep Melora's tenets, like my uncle before me. He told me that according to legend, a war broke out between the treants of the forests of Winterbole and Harken thousands of years ago, and the Harken's Heart druids joined the latter. They were ruthless and incredibly violent to the point they shocked their allies so much, Eyton, their own ally among the Harken treants, cursed them, and it was only by Melora's grace that they were given their powers, but they only have them if they don't leave the forest..."

He blinks rapidly. "I uh...oops. My bad, Zoe. I forgot to answer." Get over her already. Holy crap, dude.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:30 pm

K wrote:
Carlos' jaw hangs open. He looks flabbergasted at Hunter, then at Jojo, back at Hunter... then just walks away shaking his head in frustrated disgust.

He approaches Kathryn, rather tired "¿So Katita, any luck talking to the magic tree?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:31 pm

"What, why didn't you tell us that sooner you big dope?! That just leads to more questions like why are they helping the Druids of Eyton's Grove at all? Wouldn't they hate them for making it so they are stuck in the forest? Gah, I hate politics! Hey, Kat, where are you going?"

Zoe follows Kat to the garden, now with 100% more ash from Jojo and Carlos' earlier handiwork containing the demon corruption. The tree stands as tall and proud as last time you saw it.

Zeiss wrote:
She stops in front of the tree, looks up at the branches, and after some hesitation, she greets it with a bow.

"Hi. I'm Kathryn. Over there are Zoe, Hunter, Jojo and Carlos. We came to free this grove from the gnolls who attacked the poor people of this place... I'm sorry we couldn't save anyone." She lowers her head. "But there's still one door left locked, and the others said you might be responsible for it. So could you open it for us, so we can finish the job? Please."

She bows again.

K wrote:
¿So Katita, any luck talking to the magic tree?"

Before Kat can respond the great tree starts shaking, causing copious amounts of leaves to fall and still they come. Way more leaves than should be possible fill the air and ground, the leaves flashing through every color of the rainbow and in rhythm with your heart beats. The magical moment lasts for 5 precious seconds before the leaves zoom away back towards the locked door, leaving no indication whatsoever that anything happened at all.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:37 pm

K wrote:
"...I'll take that as a yes. Good job, Kat." - he heads back toward the door
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:37 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Kathryn falls on her bum, completely surprised by this turn of event. Once the leaves are gone, she blinks multiple times and looks around the room in shock. She barely registers what Carlos said.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:38 pm

K wrote:
"¿Oy, you ok?" - he offers his hand.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:38 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"Uh? Yeah, yeah... I think."

She takes his hand, stands up, and looks at the tree again.

"Thanks. We'll do our best."

She returns to the door to see if it can be opened now.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:40 pm

K wrote:
Carlos heads back as well.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:41 pm

Rory wrote:
Well, cuz gnolls are bad, and..." Hunter trails off in embarrassment. "Hey, I'm not the one who just handed them a chip to bargain with! I don't think the treants would even go for it, if they're smart and it came down to Nesme deciding not to honor the deal."

Later, after leaves whirl about a magic tree, he.... "Wow, so all we had to do was talk to the tree? We're really lucky today."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:41 pm

K wrote:
"¡Ay, nay, you be the one that let him be ignorant that he was giving the finger to a band of extremists!" - barks back Carlos from just the edge of earshot.

He comes back to the door - "¿Let's just be done with this here door, shall we?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:42 pm

Rory wrote:
"Well, I thought...whatever, you're right."

She wasn't even trying and he let himself get carried on false winds. Hell she didn't even want him near her. Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a damn fool and so are you.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 3:53 pm

OOC:

When you guys approach the door once more there is no sign of the leaves. However, the elven word for open is now lighting up and Carlos wastes no time in pressing it. When the roots have opened the way, another bedroom is revealed. The room itself is a simple affair. A double bed is in the corner, a wardrobe formed out of wood and ivy, and a simple table with four chairs.

Oh and a very large panther in the middle of the room. It's ears are back and after growling a challenge it says, "Stay back intruders, or I'll answer you with claw and tooth!" It is a man's voice and he is clearly upset.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 6:02 pm

K wrote:
Carlos takes a non-threatening posture - "¡Oy oy, amigo, we're not here to pick a fight, eh!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 6:03 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"Yeah," confirms Kathryn. "The tree let us in."

She takes a step back, and makes sure not to appear threatening.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 6:04 pm

Rory wrote:
Hunter holds his hand out in the universal "yield" gesture. "The invaders are dead. There's no need for claws."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 6:04 pm

"All dead? Who are you then?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 18 Nov 2018, 6:05 pm

K wrote:
"Well... just a few passersby who heard of the trouble, and answered them with hammer and blade." - Carlos offers, but then feels the need to be a bit less lyrical about it - "We killed them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good    Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: To Boldly Go Where People Have Not Been in a Good
Page 3 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next