A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:04 pm

K wrote:
Mihai looks Konrad in the eye.

"Kind of. I've had suspicions about this job since we left the office. I'll know more once i come out of there, but until then keep your eyes open."

His demeanor shifts.

"But not too open, lest anyone notice." - he concludes with a smile and proceeds for the Inn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad reciprocates the smile, albeit less genuine than before. Just be careful enough for the both of us.

As Mihai leaves again, he waves the chief over and tries to meet him halfway. "Alright chief, tell me about the plan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Velstar actually chuckles at Steve's newest trick, and shakes her head like if she wanted to say: one other thing to add to the list. Fedler appears to find it both confusing and slightly revolting, but she doesn't peep a word. Irving is impassible. But the moment Steve mentions Igor's injury and the herb that could fight back the infection, Velstar's mood darkens.

"I don't have any Forandor left. I used all my supplies last winter, and I meant to gather new leafs now that spring is back, but with the wolf roaming the forest..."

She looks back at Igor. Irving chooses this moment to pitch in the conversation: "While it's refreshing to see some people willing to help around here, we already know what to do: gather new leafs of Forandor. Fedler, any idea?"

The young redheaded hunter nods and answers: "Two kilometers away, the stream in the forest. But the wolf will hunt down any lone target."

Saemon finally convinced the crowd of people to spread out and return to their occupations while Konrad and Mihai were talking. Once the red mage comes to him to talk about the matter that brought them together, he thinks for a few seconds, then just replies: "I have no freaking clue. Wolves' behavior aren't my area of expertise, but I know a few things about the cursed; if I use my own reserve of mana to... counter the wolf's flares of magic, I should be able to lower its offensive capabilities. That also means I won't be able to cast spells. Anything else, ask Fedler."

He sighs. "Truth be told, we were more worried about getting some backup first, then come up with a plan second."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:06 pm

Rory wrote:
magic countering:

"I suppose I can understand that. Here's my thoughts on the situation. It's in a state of heightened confusion and agitation, especially after seeing its pack and possibly its mates and children die in front of it. Even so, a cursed wolf is like any other wolf. What I'm suggesting is very basic, Saemon: we set an ambush and bait the wolf with meat. Hunters will discover its frequent haunts if they haven't already, and we set the trap somewhere outside that vicinity, and lure it to the meat with blood on the ground, like breadcrumbs. We bring as many people as we can hide and mask our scent, and on word 'go', we...well, we kill it, right? While you hamper the power behind its curse."

He stops to shoot a skeptical look at the militia chief. "Excuse me chief, but what school of magic did you study?"

Deception
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:06 pm

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

Saemon considers Konrad's idea, then says: "That sounds like a solid plan. And once we're done with it, we'll tend to the matter of your thieves. I wish they had agreed to take care of the wolf for us, but it's understandable that they refused." He mulls over something, then frowns. "I really don't want to smear myself with whatever Fedler will find to mask our scent."

And to Konrad's question: "Fedler hasn't told you? Don't answer that. She doesn't say much of anything. I'm a yellow mage."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:07 pm

Rory wrote:
Deception:

The look on Konrad's face stays fixed, half skeptic, half merely a frown(as if offended). He breaks into a smile again and goes on as if he'd forgotten what was vexing him(spoiler alert, he did not). "Ah, the indispensable Yellow Magic. Maybe you could put it to sleep first, if we're lucky."

"I'm curious about something, chief. The locals shared somewhat spurious speculation regarding Fedler and her relationship with the elected authority in Highwind. It sounds like mercs are your first choice, ahead of said authority's support. To me, that doesn't reflect well on the competence of whoever is running things over there."

Diplomacy
I'm asking him to open up about the person or people who represent this side of the Free Feathers. Why would they not want to ask for their help? There's something else going on here.[/spoiler]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:07 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Rory:

Saemon seems a little more relaxed now that Konrad appears to avoid bringing up the chief's outburst. But Konrad's next question hardens the expression on his face, but whatever he is feeling right now doesn't seem to be directed towards the red mage.

"It's not just Fedler. Many of us in Waterglass don't want the city-state of Highwind to interfere with our affairs, but with the cursed wolf, we had no choice but to ask for help. Fedler was supposed to go to Highwind to do just that, but I told her that if she was to encounter mercenaries on her way to offer them the job instead. And now you're here." He pauses. "The mayor has suggested that we become citizens of Highwind, even before the wolf appeared. Some agree, others don't. That's politics for you."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:08 pm

Kolson wrote:
Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
The young redheaded hunter nods and answers: "Two kilometers away, the stream in the forest. But the wolf will hunt down any lone target."

"Then we have no time to waste. I assume you have some kind of plan then?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler answers stoically: "Except run and grab, then no, I have no plan. Igor doesn't have much time left, so anything that requires preparation could kill him. It would be better to fight the wolf at another time, on our own terms."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
deception:

"Huh, okay. Tell me about what worries people about opening up to Highwind. And what about your mayor, what's his angle?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:09 pm

Kolson wrote:
"If you know the best way to get there then you have a plan. Don't sell yourself short. I'll gather my companions and we'll get this taken care of immediately." Determined, Steve will start to walk outside.

If he runs into Mihai, Steve will tell everything he has learned and ask him to come with him to find Konrad. Once they are all together again, Steve will tell them the situation with Igor and that if they don't act quickly then he will likely die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:16 pm

A new offer from the client (Mihai):

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:18 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Before you and Fedler manage to step outside, Irving stops the hunter with one word: "Wait." She looks at him, slightly annoyed, but nevertheless waits for him to continue. "Saemon will stay in the village."

The young woman frowns at what sounded like an order, while Velstar shrugs at the tension building up in the room, and pats you in the back before returning to tend to Igor. "You heard me," declares the tall man.

"You can't coddle him anymore Irving," replies Fedler. "We'll need his help to kill the wolf."

"To kill the wolf, yes," he admits. "But not to grab Forandor leaves in the forest. If you're taking the mercenaries with you, we'll need Silver and Saemon to defend the village in case things go wrong."

Fedler makes a loud tsk, then simply concedes. "Fine, fine. Let's go Steve."

Just as Saemon was going to answer Konrad's last question, Steve and Fedler have now left the city hall and are walking towards the chief and the red mage. Steve shares everything he learned (except his discovery that Velstar is one of his teachers from the Citadel, which he's leaving for another time), and Fedler communicates what the mayor decided about Saemon. The chief rolls his eyes, but accepts the order: "He's right; someone else other than Silver must protect the village." He asks one of the villagers to take your horses to the stable, and leaves to supervise the preparations for the upcoming festival. The young man who let his female coworker fall from the two side ladder seems to have done something wrong, again, since she's still insulting him.

Konrad must then decides if he's going to join Fedler and Steve on this little run-and-grab expedition. So does Mihai, since he will come out of the inn at this exact moment and be bombarded by Steve's explanations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai withstands a direct hit from the explanation bombardment, considers, then takes a breath.

"Lead the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"Ugh, alright. I suppose he can't be properly dealt with until he recovers, not that it's any of my bother." Konrad appears to be pondering something. Finally, in ominous bearing, he suggests, "Since you won't be going all by your lonesome, I might stay behind to keep an eye on the situation," getting a sideways glance at the ladder workers, although they had nothing to do with what he implied.

On any other day, I'd demand payment for this. This "Igor" probably deserves what he's come down with, but our priorities are clear: first we play noble hero to the village idjit - for the goodwill of the hunter and the chief, anyway.

He turns to Mihai and says, "Well, how did it go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:19 pm

K wrote:
Mihai ponders for a second.

"New business opportunity to make twice what the Coins promised us, but something's off."

He looks into nowhere, weighing variables.

"Anyway we need to take care of this wolf first. There's a good chance our targets will be coming out of the fort and into the forest once they know it's dead. They'll be easier pickings there, and we might be able to get a few of them alive. I have a question or two for them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:19 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler has been doing this the entire time.

Image:

"Can we save the chit chat for later? Whoever is coming, come."

She walks off north, in direction of the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:20 pm

K wrote:
Glad to be snapped out of it for now, Mihai follows.

"Yes ma'am."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"Have fun, you three. Keep an eye out for anything suspicious, and if you happen across anything that might help delay or prevent baldness, keep me in mind, will you? Runs in the family," He quips, half joking. Which half? Hmm...

Konrad heads toward the inn. "Now then, let's pretend."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve smiles at Konrads joke, waves goodbye, and follows Fedler and Mihai out of town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:21 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Steve, Mihai and Fedler arrive at the edge of the forest, and you can see a small trail disappear into it. The hunter turns to face both of you.

"So here it is: we run in there until we reach the stream where the Farandors grow, I gather the leaves while you cover me and we come back here once I'm done. Got it?"

Before you can answer her, you hear a little girl shout: "Fedler! Wait!" Behind you, you can see Yen rushing towards your group, frantically trying to catch up before you enter the forest. Fedler sighs, but still waits for her.

"Wait!" repeats Yen, out of breath. She is now standing in front of you three. "Are you really going in there? There's a bad wolf!"

"I know," replies the reluctant hunter. "But I'm the only one who knows the forest, sweetie. I have to."

The girl's hands are now shaking. She keeps her stance, like if not moving would prevent Fedler from leaving, and suddenly focuses her attention on Steve and Mihai.

"You'll protect her, right!? You better, or I'll..."

Her eyes start to get watery.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:21 pm

Kolson wrote:
"Hey, no worries little one. We'll do our very best to make sure we all come back safely and that's the best anyone can do. So please, go back to town and let us do our work."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:22 pm

K wrote:
"Of course i'll protect her." (Duh...) - says Mihai, before really checking how that sounded.

"Uh.. now go on back, will you? If we're lucky, maybe i'll find a little human with dragonfly wings to bring back."

If any of the grownups is looking at him weird after Yen is gone, Mihai will just stare back and say "What? Let's go."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:22 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Steve's words appease Yen, and Mihai's confidence is enough to calm her down completely, and she nods to at you to show that she won't try to prevent you from going into the woods anymore. She wipes her eyes with the back of her hands.

"I'll go back to the village," she says. Just as she is ready to leave, Mihai adds something else which confounds the little girl, and she appears unsure as to how to respond. Fedler approaches Yen, pats her on the back and reassures her with some last words:

"See you back home."

Yen nods again, and walks back to the plaza in silence as Fedler watches her leave. The hunter lets out a worried sigh, but shakes it off and declares with a resolute attitude: "Let's go." She doesn't seem to have paid attention to Mihai's mention of a fictional creature, probably thinking it was his own way to cheer up the kid.

You enter the forest, and Fedler breaks into a run, with both of you in tow.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   Mon 26 Nov 2018, 6:23 pm

Zeiss wrote:
The three of you have been running through the woods for a few minutes now; nothing unusual as happened. Above the cover of the forest, the sky is as clear as when you woke up this morning, and the cool wind blowing on your face would be refreshing if not for the danger you are currently facing. The farther in you go, the narrower the trail becomes. Soon, the only thing guiding you through the wilderness is Fedler. She is now climbing an abrupt elevation of the ground, and once she's up there, you hear the hunter fall on the ground. Being just behind her, you immediately discern on what she tripped.

A corpse, its head missing. There are splashes of blood all over the place, and upon close inspection, you now see that there are three other bodies lying on the ground. Each one of them wears a leather armor, and amongst the numerous boot prints, the scattered bags and the pieces of rotting flesh, there are three long swords spread out between them, like if they fell there.

Fedler slowly stands up, and as soon as she raises her head to witness what you two just saw, she lets out a scream of terror, before quickly putting her hand on her mouth. She stares at the scene.

For Steve only:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   

Back to top Go down

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)
Page 5 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next