A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

Zeiss wrote:
"What do we do with them?" asks Fedler while looking at your prisoners. "I'm not sure where Silver should be looking over them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:19 am

Player banter (edited over a double/repeat post)
K wrote:
ooc:

Kolson wrote:
OOC:

K wrote:
ooc:

Kolson wrote:
OOC:

Last edited by RorytheRomulan on Thu 29 Nov 2018, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Zeiss of Dreamkeeper wrote:
Molly raises an eyebrow at Konrad's attempt at humor, but says nothing else.

Calla goes back to glooming.

Sonlake responds with, "Well, nor does Konrad 'Goldgiver' Granger. I didn't really choose my name. Sorry."

Breeze giggles when she hears this, happy with herself.
"No, I suppose not. You could call yourself something different, but you're always stuck with the names others choose to give. Did they tell you why they chose 'Sonlake'?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:20 am

Zeiss wrote:
He's quite annoyed now. "I've never asked them. So I guess we'll never know, since they're dead."

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:20 am

K wrote:
"Alright, we can annoy each other later." - Mihai cuts in, before someone gets incensed - "Let's go."

ooc:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:21 am

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:21 am

Zeiss wrote:
Velstar is left behind in the forest, 25 meters away from the treeline, with three of the prisoners under her care. Saemon and Fedler don't seem worried that she has to watch over three of the thieves. If any of the party members do express some concern, she will simply smile at them and reply,

"They won't get away."

The rest of your group, along with Molly, approach the fort. When looking at it, you can make out two silhouettes walking on the rampart, and they seem to be observing you. Your prisoner shouts at them.

"Fredrick! We have to talk!"

The two silhouettes stand still for a short moment, then one of them makes a sign with their hand. Molly turns to you and explains,

"He wants to meet in the front."

Bervlin, the woman Saemon sent to the fort to keep an eye on it, meets up with you on your way. She appears to be somewhere in her thirties, and it makes quite a contrast when you put her beside Saemon who is younger than her. The scout starts by saying that she is quite surprised to see you've already captured the thieves who've left the fort, and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Breeze is pleased to succinctly explain the nature of what she is.

"I'm a fairy! Nice to meet you!"

She will keep being awestruck by the little creature, and Saemon's sister will try to give a little more context to what is happening.

When your group reaches the fort, a man with a Lorinthian accent yells at you to stop where you are, 20 meters away from the entrance. He is standing on top of the rampart, along with three other people; two men and one woman. They look a little older than those you captured, and the one you assume is Fredrick appears to be in his forties.

Konrad:

"Molly, how are the others?" he asks.

"They're fine."

His shoulders loosen up a little. Then, he spots Breeze who is sitting on Fedler's shoulder. One of the other thieves suddenly exclaim,

"How the hell did they capture her?"

The leaders raises his hand to shut him up, after which he returns his attention to the party. With a sharp tone, he asks;

"So, how is this going to play out?"

Molly looks at the party.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:22 am

K wrote:
"Peacefully, i hope. You probably know who hired us, and why we're here. Our contract specifies that we have to take the Journal and neutralize you, but i gave Molly my word i'll do all i can to help you get a job with the Coins. I keep my word."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:24 am

Zeiss wrote:
Fredrick looks back at Molly.

"That was my idea," she explains.

He nods at her, then turns away to whisper to the rest of his group. One of the thieves keeps his eyes fixed on you, and still participates to the discussion.

"Well, that's awkward," comments Fedler, her hand on her bow.

Saemon shrugs, then replies, "I find it relaxing."

Breeze suddenly appears on Konrad's shoulder, then says, "So, who's the woman you were with yesterday? I know Steve was getting the sweet talk from that sneaky girl, and Mihai was grabbed away by Fedler, but-"

"Hey!" interrupts Fedler, a little embarrassed. She then whispers, "Can we not talk about me?"

Breeze ignores her, and with the usual smile on her face, continues with what she was going to say.

"-but I don't know anything about that girl, except that she's a bard."

The militia is trying really hard not to laugh in front of the thieves, and most of them are attempting to hide their smiles by scratching at their jaw or some other random gesture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:25 am

Kolson wrote:
"Do we really have to talk about his right now? It's still a sore spot for some of us you know."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:26 am

K wrote:
Mihai shoots a look back at them. There's no menace in it, but it's got a piercing edge he's never shown before.

ooc:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:30 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze rolls her eyes.

"Fine, there."

She lifts her finger, and you can hear the distinctive fizzing sound of someone casting a spell. A little spark ignites at the tip of her finger, and it's all over. She turns her attention back at Konrad.

"So you were saying?"

Saemon is awestruck. The thief at the top of the rampart calmly says something to his leader, but they keep talking like if nothing happened.

For Konrad and Steve:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:38 am

Rory wrote:
Sonlake Jr.'s response elicits an empathetic grunt from Konrad. "You have my...sympathies."

Later, in the negotiation, Konrad shoots a disapproving look at the tiny creature. "Does this look like the time to be discussing that, young lady? Here's a freebie: no, it is not." Between them on the ground, he adds, "And what you just did, while I admire its effects at the moment, that's what we call, in this situation, 'friendly fire'. You're a smart girl, you can figure out what that means. Please don't do it again."

Calling out to Fred(e)rick, he says, "The job description says we were to come here to end you, Fred. We've rounded up the people you sent out. Instead of taking care of them quick and messy-like, we offered them a chance to get off scott-free, as your partner-in-crime elaborated for you. Maybe you stole something a little extra - gold, valuables. We don't care for any of that. All you have to do is come quietly, and hand over the journal. Maybe give me some card lessons, if you're up for it."

ooc:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:38 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze pouts again now that Konrad reprimanded her, but she starts to smile when he shouts out to Fredrick. She interrupts him in the middle of his speech.

"Dude, he can't hear you. That was the whole point behind my little trick. You can still cast spells though. No friendly fire there."

Saemon, who is more than impressed, quickly asks, "You can do that?"

"Why, you can't?" She suddenly turns to Konrad. "Oh, want me to take the bubble down so you can speak to this guy?"

The non-mages of the group are confused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:39 am

K wrote:
Mihai is confused - "(wtf?)"

ooc:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:39 am

Kolson wrote:
The awe is clear in Steve's voice. "She just cast a hereto unknown version of the Silence spell. We shouldn't even be able to hear each other much less speak right now. How long have you known that spell?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:40 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze raises her eyebrows, surprised by Steve's comment.

"Man, you can't do it? That sucks. It's the first time I ever used this trick, but I think I could teach you!"

The other people in your group are quite impressed.

"Must be because she's a fairy."

"Yup, true that."

"You think there are a lot more like her?"

"I hope so."

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:42 am

Kolson wrote:
"Thank you for the offer but it's not really my kind of spell." Steve shakes his head in wonder and smiles. "I'd be all over it if I was a Yellow Mage though, believe me on that."

OOC:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:42 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad is now even more upset that her friendly fire caused his words to effect a blank. "Her name is Eralda. She's an apprentice bard. Now, would you mind?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:45 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Fine, fine. Here."

She snaps her fingers, and Fredrick, who had been staring at the group for the last five seconds, speaks up.

"Her trick is finished? Good. Now here's what we want in exchange for our surrender; a written document which states that the eight of us have been promised to serve a sentence under the employment of the Coins, and signed by the three of you."

He points at the party.

"We would also like for the mayor and his son," he looks at Saemon, "-to sign this document as witnesses of this agreement."

He pauses.

"Do we have a deal?"

Saemon, a little surprised by this turn of event, tells the party, "I think the mayor will go for it, and I'm fine with this plan... So, huh, do you agree?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:45 am

K wrote:
"I agree." - Mihai says matter of factly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:46 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve nods in agreement but says out of the side of his mouth to their spokesman. "Looks like your plan went off without a hitch Mihai. So why do I get the feeling they aren't telling us something."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2018, 9:46 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad shoots a middling surprised, dirty look at Saemon. Nepotism. How quaint. I don't need to belabor the point, do I?

Hmm...that might actually work. Wait, 'sign'? Nonono. But...if they escape the Coins' captivity or employment later, well, it's not really my problem at that point, is it? After some internal monologue, he concedes. "Sure, I'll give it my stamp of approval."

We'll save the questions for when we get up close and personal.

Deception
Spellcraft
Not a thing is getting past me. Is he confident? Is he holding back information? Is there any magic going on that I can sense, besides what I'm aware of? I'm not letting go of Concentration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai gives Steve a slight nod.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

"Good. Just give us a minute."

He talks to one of his colleagues, and they bring out some papers out of a bag. They place it on the rampart and start writing on it.

"Wow, now?" wonders Fedler.

"I guess it's good a time as any," comments Saemon.

Clouds have now fully covered the sky. You can tell it is going to rain soon by the sound of thunder growling into the distance.

"Well, I hope they hurry," adds Breeze. "Water is bad for my wings."

The members of the militia are a lot more relaxed now, and they quietly speak amongst each other. A few minutes pass, and one of the thieves comes down from the rampart with a paper in his hand. He's the one who kept an eye on the party while his group discussed the possibility of surrender. He leaves his sword on the ground, and slowly approaches your group.

"Here," he says while presenting the sheet to you. "You sign it now, and we'll come with you. Peacefully."

The "contract" stipulates all the terms you just discussed, along with a few clauses that would protect the thieves before a court of law in case any of you attempts to go back on you word. You can read it as long as you want, but it is pretty simple, and is mainly designed to keep you from using a loophole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next