A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:25 pm

K wrote:
Mihai speaks up. His demeanor is plain when dealing with her, without the practiced courtesy of up until now.

"We talked, and are willing. Especially given..." - he checks himself for a second - "The task. But we have our own errand we're on right now, and time is an issue."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:25 pm

Zeiss wrote:
She deliberates something, then asks for a clarification: "What kind of issue is it exactly? And where will it take you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:26 pm

K wrote:
"Not far from Waterglass. Just the outskirts, from what we know." - he makes sure no one's eavesdropping before continuing - "A band has stolen an item of some importance, that our employers want back, plus the group neutralized." - he explains, matter-of-factly - "By any means." - he adds, rather grimly.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:26 pm

Zeiss wrote:
The hunter seems to have a flash of hindsight by the way she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, them." She crosses her arms, then adds astutely: "I've been monitoring their presence since they appeared in the ruins of the empire's old outpost three days ago. They've done nothing to disturb Waterglass, so we've left them alone, but we know they're thugs."

She gives you a sly smile.

"So you're going to neutralize the eight of them?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve's ears perk up at the mention of eight thugs. "Yes, that's correct Miss Fedler. What else can you tell us about them?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai can't suppress a chuckle.

"Actually, i thought maybe i could throw some rabid animal at them." - he says, (half) in jest - "Or at least try and get some advantage from the element of surprise or the terrain, - he who holds the land can conquer heaven, and whatnot. But truth be told, only now did i know their number, and it's quite a bit higher than we were told. Symmetrically, it's not much of a fight; we'll definitely have to improvise."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:27 pm

Zeiss wrote:
She thinks carefully on what she is going to say.

"I can tell you more about these thugs other than how many there are. But this information isn't free."

The hunter gauges the three of you.

"I know you're in it for money, and our village has some. But what you need on this errand of yours is support. I'm a hunter, my friend is a mage; so you scratch our back and we'll scratch yours. And we'll still pay you, even if it's a little less than what you would get if we didn't join you on your little expedition."

For all of you:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:27 pm

K wrote:
ooc:

Mihai exchanges glances with his companions.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:29 pm

Rory wrote:
negotiation:

Konrad catches her lingering on his sleeve at the very beginning. While he feeds on the implied aversion(whatever the emotion driving it) with smugness, he allows Mihai to lead for a bit before he speaks up.

"It's true, what we need is support. If you have a little something extra to provide instead of gold, we'd prefer that - manpower, magic, whatever it is. Our job is to deal with the thugs and return what was stolen. Beyond that, everything else is a sideshow."

"I propose that your people help us with our job first, then we lick our wounds and help you out with your problem. You follow our plan, we follow yours."

Who helps who first is the issue that he seems to conflict with her on.

Awareness
I want to read her disposition towards me. That look she gave us...is it mages in general, or people of Myr? Or...both?

Deception
She is exaggerating when she says that there are eight thugs, confirm please.

Diplomacy
100% focus on the negotiating.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:30 pm

K wrote:
Mihai takes a pondering glance at Konrad, then back to Fedler. He shrugs.

"What he said, basically. However, if we take care of our business first, we can probably forget about capturing anyone, since there's no way we can afford to look after prisoners while helping you with your situation. Not that i'm keen on bloodbaths, just something to keep in mind."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:30 pm

Zeiss wrote:
For Konrad:

She shakes her head.

"No, we have to kill the wolf first. Your thugs aren't doing anything in this fort, while the wolf threatens the lives of all the villagers of Waterglass."

Her eyes turn to the stable which sits a few dozens meters away from the inn.

"You have horses? These crooks don't. If they try to run away, you can easily catch them."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:31 pm

K wrote:
"We can do that, but we need to hurry." - Mihai elaborates - "They're camped out there waiting for their buyer, who could arrive at any time, and if we don't get to them first, our mission is a bust. When i said time is an issue, i meant it."

He glances between Steve and Konrad again. If no one wants to challenge the terms any further, he'll suggest they get a move on.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:32 pm

Rory wrote:
disposition:

Konrad passes a skeptical look at Mihai. "I suppose that's the right of it. I'd prefer if we all arrived at Waterglass together for the sake of haste. We can give you a lift, unless you have your own horse."

Kill wolf first, then. Already asking for a lot in the way of support already. Wolf is more than just a danger to travelers, hunters, rangers etc, also a danger to the town. Makes sense, since militia offered help, but why? Creatures in the wild normally stay away from towns. A question for later.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:32 pm

Zeiss wrote:
A genuine smile appears on the hunter's face.

"So we have an agreement?" She presents her hand to Mihai to shake on it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai returns the smile in a lopsided version.

"We do."

Mihai shakes her hand.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:33 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"Well, let us be on our way."

She walks towards the stable with the rest of the party presumably in tow, and hops on her horse whose saddle is already on. As the three of you prepare your own horses, she tells you:

"Guess we should introduce ourselves. My name is Fedler. What do I call you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:33 pm

K wrote:
"Mihai." - says the guy named Mihai - "I should have given it to you earlier, since the gentleman at the table last night put you at a disadvantage."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"I'm Steve, nice to meet you Miss Fedler." Steve smiles and shakes her hand.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
For Konrad:

She nods at Mihai once he reveals his name, and casually shrugs when he adds that he should have done so sooner.

"It's just a name."

Fedler raises an eyebrow once Steve calls her "miss", but she still leans down on her horse to shake his hand. She then turns towards the red mage.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:34 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad mounts his horse, turns toward her in the saddle and says his own name with that same smile from before. "Konrad. Why don't you start us off, Ms Fedler?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:35 pm

Clarification: It is now the 29th of April

Zeiss wrote:
Around 7:00 AM, you leave the inn for Waterglass.

Even if you're travelling at a slow but steady pace, you still arrive to your destination by 12:30 PM. You noticed the first signs of human presence by the forest which gradually recedes and gives away to multiple farms. The village of Waterglass itself, which is one kilometer away from the main road, is but a small group of wooden buildings that serves more of a meeting point for the farmers of the region than anything else. Nevertheless, you can still find an inn, a forge, a shop which deals in general goods and the city hall, along with a few residences and specialized buildings. Before you can enter the village however, you are stopped by a young man who is wearing a long cloak which covers his whole body. You can still see his leather armor beneath it though, and his ruffled black hair which is barely kept hidden by his hood.

He raises his hand in a gesture urging you to stop.

"Hello travellers." His gaze falls on the three of you. "Hey Fedler. Are these mercenaries going to help us? Or are they going to take it easy like the others?" A smile materializes on his face.

"Oh, they'll help us, as long as we pay them half the amount of gold we discussed... and help them retrieve an item from the thugs camping in the old fort."

He frowns at the mention of the thieves, and after a moment of reflection, he tells the party members: "I'm Saemon, chief of the militia. The threat on this village may be great, but I would prefer to learn more about you before we antagonize these people."

"They're just thugs", replies an annoyed Fedler.

"Who have not committed any crimes that we know of," retorts the young man.

The hunter rolls her eyes. "Sorry. Where were we?"

Before all that interaction at the inn, it was assumed we were going straight to Waterglass. The following spoiler contains the transition and following interaction from that, before it was retconned.
Cancelled Transition & RP:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:37 pm

Rory wrote:
the ride:

Konrad quickly raises an eyebrow askance at Fedler before opening his mouth. "Introductions, and the part where we bring you up to speed on those thugs," he answers. "I'm Konrad, the black mage is Steve, and that other one is Mihai. We're on a very official mercenary assignment to recover an item stolen by said thugs. We've also been assigned to 'deal with them' - suffice to say, they won't be walking away from their crimes. Your friend here negotiated for our support, and to that end, we've agreed to help you deal with your problem first." He flashes a smile.

No spoiler tag to make sure you're all reading:

Diplomacy
- Raise disposition because that's how I roll.
- Our business is official. There should be no Deception required to convince him of this.

Deception
To assuage the chief's conscience: Crimes other than theft implied, probably murder.

"You're rather young. I take it you've been promoted recently?" The implication in his question about an otherwise pleasant event is...not the pleasant kind.

For clarification: because of his age, Konrad was assuming the kid was promoted after the previous chief recently died. Possibly because the cursed animal killed him.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:38 pm

Kolson wrote:
Steve nods when Konrad names him and does his very best to look like a legit mercenary on official business. When Konrad implies they did terrible things Steve will nod and say, "You really don't want them running around."

(I'll use Aid Another on Rory's Diplomacy check and Deception check.)

Rory wrote:
"You're rather young. I take it you've been promoted recently?" The implication in his question about an otherwise pleasant event is...not the pleasant kind.

"Oh boy," the black mage mutters to himself with great trepidation and promptly looks very uncomfortable at the coming confrontation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2018, 5:39 pm

K wrote:
Mihai temporarily reassumes his practiced cheerful demeanor.

"Or we could get down to business and go kill a big bad wolf. I know i have a lot of cutting remarks and veiled insults prepared for it!"

(translation: break it off, ladies. We're here to do a job.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)   1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Aventure: The Fey One (Archive)
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next