A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:01 am

Kolson wrote:
"You're welcome, Yen." The mage stands up, brushes off his knee, and stands back with the others again.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:01 am

I've altered this little speech of mine, fyi. It's not much different from what I posted on the old forum, but it's more eloquent (had to make sure I used a certain word though)
Rory wrote:
Konrad didn't have much he wanted to give, but he could impart his special brand of wisdom. "I don't have anything to give you, Yen, except maybe a little advice. What happened to you was unfortunate, but you came out of it blessed. Magic is extraordinary. You're extraordinary. You may be different now, but you can still do great things. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't know the first thing about you."

Diplomacy
Convince Yen to see the world from my perspective, or at the very least, take my words to heart. Willing to spend Non-Combat AP to succeed.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:02 am

Zeiss wrote:
Yen, who is but a child, can only tilt her head at Konrad's words. This kind of philosophy is actually rare in the Archipelago -less so in Myr- and Konrad gets a few looks from the others. The little girl doesn't seem to understand how he can use the word "blessed" when the magical affliction she suffers from is called a curse by pretty much everybody, which forces her to wear woven shackles and live away from her aunt. Thankfully, Melisandra, who is leaning on the edge of the ship, prevents any sort of awkwardness of settling in. "It's time," she informs everyone.

The sails are now fully deployed and the sailors are only waiting for their last passenger to board the ship before they cast off. Fedler kneels down to pick up Yen's bag and slip it on her back.

"You make sure to listen to Silver," says the hunter. "She will look after you, so you do what she says. Okay?"

"Okay," replies Yen, who immediately puts her arms around Fedler's head despite the restraints. The young woman is taken aback by this, and even a little embarrassed considering how many people are looking, but she doesn't hesitate to hug her niece back.

"I'll write you a letter everyday," continues Fedler.

Yen nods, unwilling to let go. A long moment passes, until Fedler pulls away, kisses the young girl on the forehead and says, "Now go." Velstar approaches her new student, takes her hand and walks with her onto the gangway leading to the ship.

"Everyone on board!" shouts the captain.

Fedler crosses her arms and stares at the ship as it sails away, struggling to keep an impassive face. Velstar brings Yen to the starboard side of the ship, and they both wave at the group; the hunter raises a hand to do the same, and Breeze immediately follows her example.

A few minutes later, you can only see the stern of the ship receding more and more into the distance. Breeze, who has until now been keeping a merry facade, slumps back on Steve's shoulder.

"...That sucks," she says.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:03 am

K wrote:
After a moment, Mihai echoes Breeze's sentiment - "...it does."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:03 am

Kolson wrote:
"Yeah, that's true. But you know what doesn't suck? Running away from the harbormaster after some idiot does this." Steve point a hand over the harbor, launching a small mote of light out over the water as high into the air as he can get it. There with a loud bang it explodes into an icy display and a fabulous shimmer of snowflakes. He laughs and launches a few more, creating a localized snowstorm of sorts and hopefully sending Yen off in style.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Patting Steve on the back, Konrad retorts to the earlier awkwardness forced upon the situation with, "See? This guy sees the silver lining."

"Well, with that out of the way, we are completely cut loose for a week until the boss men send for us. Spend your time wisely, comrades - and your purse."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:04 am

Zeiss wrote:
While the rest of her colleagues talk, Fedler keeps staring at the ship, her arms crossed. She raises her head to admire Steve's "fireworks", but nevertheless stay silent. Nothing seems to faze her out, until a seagull successfully distracts her by landing on the pier, only a few feet away from the group. Fedler turns around with the apparent intent not to lament her fate any longer, and tells the rest of the group, "I'm going to find a spot to train."

Breeze blinks repeatedly, then follows the redheaded woman with renewed enthusiasm. "Yeah, we should prepare ourselves!" exclaims the fairy. "Defeating the bad guys requires lots of work. Maybe we could have a training montage?"

"A what?" asks the hunter, incredulous.

"It's something I've read about," continues Breeze, who then explains what this literary trope she came across is.

Fedler walks back towards the city, closely followed by a flying Breeze.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:06 am

Kolson wrote:
"That should do it," Steve says as he launches one more for good measure. "You know training is good and all but there's no hurry. It just so happens I have a good lead on a high stakes card game later tonight. Not saying we have to play but I bet we could meet some interesting people there. We'd just have to-"

"Hey you! What do you think you're doing using fireworks on the pier?"

Steve's head whips around to spot the portly harbormaster waddling as fast as his massive bulk can carry him towards the group. "Time-to-go. Let-me-know-if-you-guys-want-to-do-the-thing-at-the-thing. Later!"

Steve fires off another "firework" and starts running back up the pier, easily dodging past the harbormaster and making for the safety of the town crowds.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:06 am

K wrote:
Mihai stares at the boat for a moment longer. Then turns around and walks off.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:21 am

Chose to mess with this as well. I think I did it better justice than last time. No one heard me, anyway.
Rory wrote:
Konrad stays to watch the ship, for a little while. "There she goes. Off on a path toward personal freedom through a thornbush of watchful eyes and suspicious minds." He speaks as someone who has never been to the Citadel personally. "Magical ability is a blessing. Regardless of how it manifests. I don't consider myself cursed with the power to evoke change sheerly from my own want."

Having spoken his piece to the wind, he turns and follows the other members the newly-formed auxiliary Coins unit. The 113th Adjunct.

[OOC: Did anyone hear him? Did he speak before anyone ran off? I would like to say yes, but you decide. It took me a while to come up with my final words/actions for this adventure.]
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 7:21 am

Kolson wrote:
[OOC: A lovely way to end it Rory. From the way things went, with everyone going every which way, I'd say the characters aren't ready to hear that yet so they didn't this time. Perhaps one day.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10