A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:42 am

Mihai talks to Molly to hear her side. She explains it tersely, and then he checks up on Saemon, who has--surprise--one ill with Madness.
Their Side + Saemon's Fate (Mihai, Molly, Velstar, Saemon etc):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:44 am

Steve finds Calla to give her his sympathies and shares her opinion on his dubious teammate.
The Thief's Respite (Steve and Calla):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:49 am

Konrad looks for Eralda, cries crocodile tears for her, and returns to the inn to meet up with Steve.
La Valse a Mille Temps (Konrad, Breeze, Jacques Brel):
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:52 am

Zeiss wrote:
Konrad and Steve join up at the room of the latter. You won't be able to find Mihai for at least the next hour.

Breeze has been patiently waiting on Steve's bed. She raises an hand when he comes in the room

"Hi."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 3:52 am

Kolson wrote:
[OOC: Damn, Zeiss. Damn.]

"Hello. How are you two holding up?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"We're doing fine, all things considered," he answers, pouring a tankard of wine for Steve. "Getting paid with the money that oracle put down in advance would bring my spirits back up to break even. I'm sure our handler wouldn't mind parting with what he's supposed to pay us. After all, it won't do Miss Lavoie any good to return it to her."

One of the bottles is already open. Konrad's lips are dyed a shade ruddier than normal, and he swirls a tankard in his hand with a vigor that suggests it is not full, same with how far he tilts it when he takes a drink.

"Breeze doesn't seem to know how love orbs are made, only that she can make them by projecting her feelings into a ball of light, and voila - complete with glass like a snow globe has. I am certain it involves Weaving - it might even be just that, plus hearts and rainbows. I was suggesting to her a while back that she make a love orb so that we can see what happens if we break it open. We won't be here much longer, so when she's able to create one for any of us, I volunteer we shatter mine. It seems a small sacrifice for the academic pursuit of knowledge."

This is very obviously small-talk, but it seems to Konrad that Steve might have something to talk about besides business and the pleasure of drinking.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 5:59 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze has retracted her wings, somehow, and is now lying down on a pillow, flapping her legs in the air. She listens intently to Konrad, and as soon as he finishes talking, she retorts, "You're really thick, aren't you? I told you I'm not making you a love globule, especially since you just said you're planning to break it."

For the first time since Konrad and Steve met her, she appears to genuinely feel insulted.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 5:59 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve accepts the wine with a thank you and sits down on the corner of the bed. "I think it's a little more than a magic bobble Konrad. If I'm understanding correctly you're basically saying you'll shatter someone's heart for magical science."

He takes a sip.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze, eyes closed and now sitting with her legs and arms crossed, vigorously nods at Steve's observation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
The crack in Konrad's mood is as noticeable as the silence that follows in its wake. He quickly mans the helm. "It certainly does. Please forgive me, Breeze. I'm an explorer at heart, and if no one's feelings stand between me and something I'm curious about, I rush headlong toward it. I will never suggest it again."

Once they are able to move on, he reciprocates Steve's query. "You don't have to worry about how I'm doing. There is nothing new under the sun, and I have seen enough under it - in its light or in its shadow. What about you, Steve? What's on your mind?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:00 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze seems satisfied.

"Apologies accepted." She lies down again, then goes back to flapping her legs.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:00 am

Kolson wrote:
"Well, you is what I want to talk about. We were in it today, real bad. That could have gone a lot worse but none of us ran. I just wanted to say I noticed and thank you for having our backs."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad glances over his raggedy clothes, blackened and mulching from dampness. "Aye. I'll have to replace this, but tomorrow... Did you think I would have? She made it clear, it was either her or us, and she sure came to us rather fast. The coin we kept came in handy, didn't it?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:01 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve ignores talk of the coin for now. "I honestly didn't know what to think you would do. To me, this came from the same guy who was off talking to the lady who hired us in an attempt at personal gain and then got cupcakes right after instead of staying with his team and trying to save a man's life. We almost died out in that forest Konrad and if Breeze hadn't been there we would have. So I'm here to see which Konrad is the real one. So tell me which is it?"

He takes a sip of the wine.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:01 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad considers a jape involving a full moon at night, then sighs. "I thought we buried this already, Steve, you by yourself after you calmed down, without my need explaining. You're a smart lad, do you really need me to tell you what we both know about my motivations and intentions?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"That's what you say, Konrad, but it's not always what you do. That disconnect has been niggling at me for a while now and I'm wondering if you even notice. Why do you smile all the time, Konrad? And don't say because you are happy. It isn't true. I'm looking for authenticity here. I'm trying to understand."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
With a smirk, he answers, "I imagine saying 'because I'm always happy' would be even more worrying than the truth." He drops the smirk. "I smile whenever its appropriate to go with my polite tone and manners. Because I want to make friends and put other people at ease. I want people to open up to us, and making friends along the way can save your life, even if you exchange nothing."

The prodigal grin returns. "Just ask Breeze, she's done nothing but make friends whenever she shows herself to anyone, and Yen brought her cupcakes for days."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze rolls on the bed, having fun by herself.

"Hey, me, I'm cute, and the scar on your face isn't." She thinks for a second. "Sorry."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:02 am

Rory wrote:
With a tiny smirk, he replies, "I think my mother's eyes and my father's cheekbones more than compensate. But boy, every day is a battle, truly," he finishes with a mock "poor me".
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:02 am

Kolson wrote:
"Heh. Anyway, it makes it look like you have something to hide. Just saying, you don't have to do it all the time."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad turns a pointed look at Steve under one eyebrow. "I don't."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Mmm, you do it enough. It's like putting up a shield, it makes people uneasy and you do it often enough that it sticks even when you don't. You can be scary at times. I'm saying something because it sounds like you don't mean to do it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad gives him a fake chuckle. "Is that so? And who says they're scared?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:03 am

Kolson wrote:
"Just something I observed."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2019, 6:03 am

Rory wrote:
He places his hand over his heart. "Very well. I suppose it must be painfully obvious. I'm just eager to leave my past behind. That is the reason for my 'shield', but nevermind that. So, I shall be polite and happy to meet new people, and so sour and dour once I've gotten to know them. What I mean is...less forced smiles," he smiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)   1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Adventure: The Fallout (Archive)
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next