A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:55 pm

"Yeah, that's the rub alright. I mean, I don't want the place to close, it's all we got left of dad you know? And it's our home. But I'm not cut out for that life and neither is Erin. She still wants to be a Ranger and mom won't sign off on it, no matter what we say. I'm afraid one of these days she's going to run off with some mercs from Hammerfast or something."

Zoe looks at Kat and stifles a giggle. Meanwhile, John leads you up the stairs into a hallway much like the the one that led to Stockmer's study except instead of three doors this one has nine, four on each side and one at the end of the hall. He stops. "The door on the end there leads into the tower and the one furthest back on the right is occupied, but otherwise you can use any rooms you wish."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:01 am

Kathryn raises an eyebrow at Zoe, wondering what's so funny. Maybe there's something on her face? Doesn't seem like it. Before she can ask the priest about it however, John takes the party to their rooms.

"Dibs!" she says.

She runs down the hallway and takes the room closest to the tower, as if this was some sort of race. She opens the door and disappears through it.

"Wow!" she exclaims. "Are all the rooms so spacious?"

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 12:10 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:03 am

Hunter laughs at Kathryn's little 'race'.

"Thanks, Cuz. And we'll stop by the inn later and see how things are going. We'll see if there's anything we can do."

He'll go off and pick the room right next to Kathryn and unload his stuff there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:12 am

Carlos chuckles, and picks the room opposite Hunter - "Whoa, nice."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:41 am

"I'd appreciate that Cuz."

Zoe takes the room next to Hunter after she sees that it has a window and Jo takes the one next to Carlos.

John laughs at the party's reactions. "They are pretty spacious, yes. Stockmer took the opportunity to expand the keep forty years back and these larger guest rooms are one of the benefits of that. You'll find a key in the top drawer of the stand next to your bed. It's the key to your room. If you leave it locked the maids will know not to disturb it so if you want your sheets changed and room cleaned remember to leave it unlocked. Breakfast is at sunup and supper is at sun down every day. We also have a fully functional Nerathi Bath. You might want to wash up before you go visiting anyone. Just saying." A Nerathi Bath is much like a hot tub, except you can swim in it like a pool. Think like a bathhouse you'd see in an anime except inside and powered by machinery and magic. As part of their construction they are blessed by Erathis, the goddess of invention and civilization.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:50 am

Hunter smirks at John. "Thanks for the tip John, we'll be sure to do that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:53 am

"A Nerathi bath?" Kathryn repeats. "I gotta try it! Oh, um, is it separated between men and women..?"

Last edited by Zeiss on Wed 09 Jan 2019, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:54 am

"Huh, i don't think i've the heart to get on those sheets before i clean up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 12:59 am

Zoe pokes her head out of her room and says, "Oh definitely sign me up. A hot bath sounds great right now." She walks out into the hall again spinning her key around her left index finger.

Jojo reenters the hallway as well. "Thank the gods for hot baths. Let's go now."

"Yeah, there's a side for the men and a side for the women. So no need to be shy. I'm also on special detached duty for you guys so I can go wherever with you if you want. Do you need me to show you the way or would you like to meetup after at the stables or what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 1:05 am

"Oh, I know the way, John, I can show them. We'll meet you at the stables."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed 09 Jan 2019, 1:27 am

"Hmm, I need to go to my room first and take off my armor," Kat says. She eyes her companions and then turns to her dwarven friend. "Carlos? Can you help me with it please? I can help with yours too."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 2:35 am

"Uh? Oh, sure. I still don't know my way around this new suit all too well."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 9:44 pm

"Well, I'll leave you guys to it then. Later." John walks off back to the stairs and out of the hallway, heading to the courtyard.

Kat and Carlos head to Kat's room to get her armor off and and then in turn to his room to do the same. Meanwhile, Zoe heads to her room and removes her leather armor and grabs her laundry before heading back in the hallway to wait for the others. Jojo grabs his laundry and is the first back to the hallway, followed by Hunter, Zoe, and then Kat and Carlos.

"Everyone have everything they need?" asks Jojo. He's holding a bundle of clothes in his arms. He tied the laundry up that way using one of his own shirts.

Zoe smiles around the large pile of clothes she has in her hands. "I think so." Hers barely fits into her hands and shirt and a pair of pants threaten to fall out of her grasp on either side of the pile but are holding for now.

Last edited by Kolson on Thu 10 Jan 2019, 10:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 9:53 pm

"Yup." Hunter has all of his clothes in a basket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

"We'll figure it out," she tells Carlos.

Having removed her armor, Kathryn now wears her leather boots, a pair of gray trousers and a white shirt. She has let her long hair fall on her back, and if it wasn't for her well defined musculature, she'd look like any other farming girl in Harken.

She carries a small pile of laundry in her hands, a half-used bar of soap, a wooden bottle that contains her favorite shampoo, and a clean bath towel.

"I'm ready!" she says. "Um, do you need help with that Zoe?"

She points at the large pile of clothes the priest is lugging around.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:22 pm

Carlos wears a plain tunic and pants, all earthen tones. Has his laundry in his arms, and notices the Priestess barely containing hers.

"Oy Zoe, want me take some of those clothes off your hands?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm

Despite having fought beside her, Hunter is disquieted a bit by Kathryn's well-toned physique.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:32 pm

"That would, uh, be very helpful, yes." As Zoe precariously balances the clothing, Kat and Carlos both take a portion of Zoe's clothes. "That's much better, thanks guys. I couldn't believe how many clothes I went through. How much colder does it get around Fallcrest?" She has been layering her clothing since after Eyton's Grove to try to avoid the cold. She's currently wearing a blue blouse over a white shirt paired with cotton pants entirely too thin for the climate.

It's actually pretty warm for this time of year relative to the climate and Kat and Hunter are fine. Carlos is use to far colder weather, having lived on a mountain with snow year-round for much of his early life. Surprisingly, Jo has shown no sign of discomfort so far.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:35 pm

"Actually, it's much warmer this year," Hunter smirks at the cleric.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:37 pm

"If you're uncomfortable now, you want to get ready for winter." - for a moment, he look intently at Zoe's face, imagining something. Then mumbles, almost under his breath - "Earmuffs..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm

The knight easily picks up the clothes Zoe hands to her, and then giggles at Carlos' comment. "Earmuffs would look pretty good on you," she tells the half-elf. "So, Hunter. Can you show us the way?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:48 pm

"Yeah, this way." He leads them to the baths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 11:42 pm

To Carlos and Kat's suggestion of earmuffs, Zoe says, "Oh, you think? Hmm." She's definitely thinking about it when Hunter starts leading you guys to the bath. Instead of going down the stairs Hunter instead takes you guys through the tower and down the stone spiral staircase there. While the stairs continue beneath the castle, you only go down a single level and through the door there, which leads into a hallway with four doors: three on the left and one at the end of the hallway. Hunter opens up the third door on the left which leads into the laundry room. There, three ladies are currently doing laundry in a massive wash tub and two smaller ones. The area is blanketed by steam and the accompanying uncomfortable humidity that entails.

After dropping off the clothes, you guys return to the hallway and proceed to the door at the end which leads into yet another hallway, but this one terminates at your location and heads off back in the direction of the great hall. There are three doors: one directly across from where you are, a delivery door leading out into the courtyard, and one at the end of the hallway, likely leading into the great hall. It is through the door directly across from you that Hunter leads the party. Inside is the entrance to the bath; turns out you guys have used the staff entrance.

After leaving the small alcove and rounding the corner, you come across the area leading into the waiting room. The waiting room has eight chairs, four on the north wall and four on the south wall. Small tables with fresh flowers in patterned decorative ceramic flower vases stand in both corners while a third in the southwest corner has a small pile of books piled there. Two eastern-facing windows with white floral window curtains light up the area with natural light, giving the waiting room an air of relaxing cheeriness. There is one door on the eastern wall leading out into the courtyard and two curtained arches on the western wall leading further into the bath. Above each arch is carved the half-cog symbol of the goddess Erathis.

Symbol of Erathis:

Hunter:

"Wow, what a lovely room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 11:48 pm

"Aye. Flowery."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2019, 11:50 pm

"I didn't think Stockmer Keep was this fancy," Kathryn remarks. She looks around, noticing that no one else is here, and asks, "Hmm, which door is for who?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Dreamlands :: The Nentir Vale :: Adventures-
Jump to: