A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Thu 10 Jan 2019, 11:54 pm

"Okay, so, past whichever arch will be a wardrobe in a cubby with whatever you need, and a box for used linens. Soaps and brushes go back when you're done with them. Ladies go right, gentlemen and hyenas go left. Let's try not to keep my cousin waiting." He smiles at his own humor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:06 am

"Right it is!" Kathryn exclaims. She strides through the archway reserved for women, and tells the priest, "Come on Zoe! A Nerathi bath is waiting for us!"

She disappears inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://thedreamlands.forumotion.com Online
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:09 am

Caelo strokes his beard - "I had something witty, but it got away from me."

Carlos goes in the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:28 am

Zoe grins at Hunter's joke. "Heh, good one. Coming Kat!" She enters the girl side through the curtains.

Jojo moves to follow Carlos but stops when he opens the curtain and says, "Coming Hunter?"

Noble is super excited to be out walking with everyone and enjoyed visiting all the different areas except the laundry room. The sound of the boiling laundry scared him for some reason and he barked at it and refused to enter. Now, he's not sure which group to follow so he tries to go with Zoe and Kat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 12:35 am

Hunter reaches for his pet and tries to lead him away. "Noble, no. Wrong way. Males go this way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 1:54 am

Kathryn and Zoe:

Hunter and John:

Noble's ears flatten and he whines, but he soon complies and follows Hunter.

The inside of the bath is all marble columns and ceramic tiles, with the the ceramic tiles formed into decorative mosaics of flowers and the half-cog of Erathis. Both sides have pools large enough to swim in and there are valves for adding cold or hot water as desired.

Hunter takes the opportunity to bathe a very unhappy hyena whom cries the entire ten minutes it takes to bathe him and who promptly attempts to escape when able. He paws at the door to the bath, begging to be let out by Hunter, who does indeed let him out to dry. Once in the cubby room, Noble shakes, throwing water everywhere. Hunter reprimands him and sees him out to the courtyard to find Ludmilla or John and to stay with them. That finished, Hunter joins his companions in the bath for the next twenty minutes, washing, joking, and making small talk. When he's finished, he towels off in the cubby room, gets dressed, and heads off to find John and Noble in the Courtyard.

Jojo is happy to pass the time in companionable silence, laughing at any jokes told but participating little in any small talk. He'll finish in a half hour and happily sit in nothing but a towel on a bench in the cubby room for ten minutes after which he'll head to the waiting room to read a book while he waits for the others.

Carlos, Kat, and Zoe each bathe for about an hour enjoying the chance to relax in their own way after such a long journey. Once finished, they towel off in their respective cubby rooms and get dressed, joining Jojo in the waiting room. For all of you, it was a refreshing experience, leaving your skin glistening and muscles relaxed. There's nothing quite like a Nerathi Bath.

That's when you all meet up in front of the stables, where John and Hunter are having a laugh at a funny story John is telling. "-so Erin is trying to reel in the fish and that's when Clem tries to lean in for the kiss. Seeing this, Erin, bless her heart, gives a huge yank on the line and Clem ends up with a face full of ornery pike. He was so surprised the idiot fell off the dock. She managed to pull him out of the river again but not before the Naiads noticed and started laughing at him. So as he stormed off she yelled, and this was the best part, 'Where are you going, Clem? Don't you want any fish?' We haven't seen him in Harken since." John laughs so hard he's wiping away tears.

Last edited by Kolson on Wed 23 Jan 2019, 10:38 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 2:10 am

Hunter's laughing with him. "What a poor sport! Good thing she sent him pouting all the way back, serves him right."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:19 pm

"Hey guys," Kathryn says as she and her friends approach Hunter and his cousin. "Did I hear ‘Naiads’?"

She wears the same clothes as before, although her long hair are now wet because of the bath.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:29 pm

"Aye, what's a Naiad?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:44 pm

"Oh right, not every region has them. Naiads are water spirits and the daughters of great river spirits. They live in Albridge in the White River. From the waste up they look like human or elven women but from the waste down they are fish. The ladies like to play with the kids in summer when the river is warmer but otherwise they do their own thing for the rest of the year. Erin says they sometimes come and talk to her when she's fishing; apparently that's quite common. I've also heard they save folks who fall in and kill monsters that threaten their mother and the village. You'd have to ask the Rangers about that." He looks at Hunter.

Hunter:

Last edited by Kolson on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 10:51 pm

"Oh, they stay on good terms to hear their goings-on," Hunter says, his complexion turning a shade rosy. "They're very protective of their village and the White River--yes, there's a river and a spirit. They can normally handle most of their problems, but sometimes they ask for the rangers' help if they really need it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Fri 11 Jan 2019, 11:13 pm

"There's also a spirit named White River? Wow, I didn't know about that..." The knight ponders this new knowledge, and then remembers why she's come to meet the young guard at the stables. "Oh, um, John? Do you think you could take us to my brother now?"

She's been anticipating this moment for quite some time now.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:06 am

"Of course! He's probably working in the library right now." John walks you guys back into the keep to the Great Hall but this time takes the first door on the right on the east wall. This leads into another hallway with 4 doors. John turns left and heads for the one on the north end, a double door with lever door handles. He opens both doors at the same time.

The library itself is a single story. Bookshelves line all three walls and four standing shelves dominate the middle of the room. All of them are too tall to peruse fully without the aid of step stools, which you can see stacked at the end of the middle shelf on the right. The room is lit by bright lamps and several hand lamps are on a small table near the door for after hours research. A long table with many chairs take up the space between the standing shelves and the east and west wall shelves; clearly for reading and research. John pushes on to the left, to the door there in the middle of the western wall. He knocks on it and then enters a few moments later.

This new room, also lit by lamps, is full of scribes hand copying books. Each one has a special table that holds both the book they are copying and the book they are copying to. Nine faces, five human, three dwarf, and two halfling, look up from their work. "Hey Griff, look who I found!" John moves aside to give the room a clear view of Kathryn, who has just entered the room.

A dark haired young man gives a happy cry, replaces his pen inside the inkwell,  and springs to his feet, running over to her and sweeping her up into a hug. "Kathryn, you're home!" He laughs. Though he doesn't share Kat's silver hair and is a good foot taller besides, the family resemblance is obvious in his eyes and the bone structure of his face.

Griffin Amblecrown:

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:17 am

The young woman giggles when her brother holds her up in the air, and she has to make sure the sword hanging to her waist doesn't hit one of her friends. "Careful, Griff!" she says, laughing. They hug each other for a while, until he puts her down and she asks, "How are you? You're doing fine?"

She examines Griffin to see how much he's changed in the past years.

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:20 am

Hunter smiles at Griffin lifting Kathryn up, and takes an evasive step back as her sword spins with her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:31 am

Carlos can't help but smile at the family reunion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 12:52 am

Zoe is so happy for their reunion that she wants to hug someone too but she also doesn't want to disturb them so she settles on hugging Carlos instead. He gets his face crushed into Zoe's boobs.

Jo stands back and smiles, waiting to be introduced.

As for Griffin himself, he's a little taller than Kat remembers, almost as tall as their father, and his muscles have filled in more. Despite his new job, he's as strong as he's ever been, though he doesn't have the tan he once did. He says, "I'm doing well. I started this new job a few weeks ago."

An old human man clears his throat and walks over. He's almost completely bald and his thick glasses make his eyes far larger than they'd normally be. He's wearing dark blue scholar's robes, though fancier than the ones Grif and the others are wearing. "Hello young ladies and gentlemen. I'm Mr. Harlo the head scribe and librarian of this library. While I'm happy for your reunion, please take it out of my copy room."

Griffin rubs the back of his head in embarrassment, exactly the same way Kat does. "I'm sorry Mr. Harlo. We'll do that."

"Excellent. Try to keep it short."

"Of course, Mr. Harlo. Alright everyone, out into the library please." All of you move to the library and Grif shuts the door behind him. "Sorry for that. So who are your friends Kathryn?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 1:10 am

"Oh, of course!" Kathryn exclaims. She then proceeds to introduce each party members one by one, letting them exchange a few words with Griffin if they so wish before she moves to the next one. "This is Joshua Jordstad, but we prefer to call him Jojo. He's the representative of the Golden River Guild."

"Here's Zoe Tahlavia, a priestess of Avandra and the senior member of our expedition! It's her first time in the Vale."

"This is Hunter Thrul, a Ranger from Fallcrest. Or is it a Ranger initiate? Maybe you know his uncle, Yorenan."

"And finally, Carlos Jalapeńo de Muerta...! I think I'm pronouncing it right. He's also a dwarf, not a gnome. Right Carlos?"

Last edited by Zeiss on Sat 12 Jan 2019, 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sat 12 Jan 2019, 1:30 am

Hunter nods and gives Griffin a little wave, and flicks his tail out to the side as if to say, "Yup, there it is, I'm a tiefling," though it's not exactly something he can hide.

"Uh, no official rank. It would be if I took the offer to be one," he admits. "The training served me well in the Fallcrest militia, though."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 9:44 am

Sometimes - not always but sometimes, Carlos is really happy to be short. He's lost for a reaction at first, before he decides to hug Zoe back, reminding himself to place his hands a little higher on her back than he would a dwarf lady, not being one to push his luck.

Once they're out into the library and he's introduced, Carlos steps forward and shakes Griff's hand, allowing himself a chuckle and a grin - "Or a really butch Halfling. You just never know with the stocky folk."

Last edited by K on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

Jo steps forward when introduced and shakes Grif's hand while saying, "It's nice to meet you. Please, call me Jojo or Jo."

Zoe also steps forward and hugs him instead. She's clearly caught up in the moment. "Hello Griffin, it's so great to finally meet you." Grif blushes a little bit at the hug.

Griffin looks at Hunter's tail and horns, fascinated. He looks like he's about to ask about them when Carlos cracks the joke about butch halflings. This causes Grif and John to laugh, and the former accepts Carlos' handshake. His grip is strong and his fingers are rougher than most scribe's; Grif was clearly a farmer for most of his life. "Oh trust me, no one will make that mistake Carlos. What brings you guys here to the Vale?"

Last edited by Kolson on Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:39 pm

Kathryn puts her hands on her hips and proudly declares, "I'm a knight now! Lady Eninahes of the White Well— daughter of Ser Quarion Sunstar the Valiant and the goddess Sehanine—made me a Shiere Knight and sent me on a quest to free her from an ancient curse that holds her prisoner of her own domain." She then realizes she's forgot something, and shyly adds, "Oh, that's recent though. Um, we were originally sent here by the Guild to trade with the Vale... Jojo is the one in charge of that!"

She quickly points at her merchant friend.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:47 pm

Carlos grins a little - "She'll be more or less doing that whenever we meet someone new, from now on."
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:53 pm

"Actually, it's starting to sound kinda cute," he smirks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Sun 13 Jan 2019, 10:53 pm

Kat reddens at her friends teasing her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold