A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:01 pm

"Good! The more people we can add to the ambush, the better. Do you have a spare crossbow to lend?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:09 pm

kat enjoys her cup of tea and patiently waits for Illyana to finish the bomb. When she learns that the explosive is quite volatile, she gives the alchemist a worried look but decides to trust her with it.

"Oh, and I'd like to ask you something in private before we leave," she says hesitantly.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:16 pm

Expended 1 Hit Die = 10.

Carlos raises an eyebrow at Kat's request but doesn't otherwise interfere.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:20 pm

"No, the other Ilyanna only has the one. What do you need it for?" She acknowledges Kat with a nod and motions for Kat to wait for a moment while she takes care of this crossbow situation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

"You can go ahead and keep yours. I just think it's important for some of us to have ranged options for dealing with some monsters that like to swallow people whole."

He looks at John.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:26 pm

Kat smiles and pats John on the back.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:31 pm

John frowns at his cousin but doesn't say anything.

"If that's the case, John can borrow the crossbow instead. He's probably a better shot with it than I am." She offers it to him.

Now his cheeks flush in embarrassment. "It's okay, you keep it. I prefer my spear."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:33 pm

"In that close, you stay close to me and Carlos John!" Kat happily says.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:37 pm

"Take the crossbow, John."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:48 pm

John looks like he might argue but he takes a deep breath and lets it out. He finally takes the crossbow. "Thank you. I'll put it to good use."

She nods and passes him her case of crossbow quarrels. "I know you will John. It will be nice to have you guarding me during the fights. I'd hate to get swallowed by a bullywug."

That seems to perk him right up and he says, somewhat embarrassed, "O-of course Ilyanna. I'll keep you safe."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:52 pm

Carlos grins - "Oh, you gotta keep her safe now."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:53 pm

Kathryn giggles.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 10:55 pm

"We'll be waiting outside to introduce you to the horses, Ilyanna. We don't have any extra mounts, so you'll have to ride double. Oh, do you have any potions for healing? Those would come in handy."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:20 pm

"Don't worry, I have a few things that might help," the alchemist says, patting her satchel with a grin. "This is a great opportunity to try out my new healing draught formulas. So remember, bring any injuries to me!"

"Yeah guys, let her do all the work," Zoe jokes as she opens the door leading outside.

John takes the opportunity to escape with the others now that the conversation has moved on. "See you outside." He hoists the crossbow onto a shoulder and follows the cleric. Jo shrugs and joins them.

As the others walk out, Ilyanna says,"What is it you wanted to talk about Ser Kathryn?"

About 5 minutes later...

Kat and Ilyanna join the others outside. "So, who should I ride with?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:25 pm

Carlos grins - "John."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:26 pm

Kathryn grins. "John."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:29 pm

Hunter shrugs. "John."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:44 pm

"John." Zoe grins.

"John." Jojo chimes in with a smile.

"Jeeze, come on guys," says a beat red John Howard.

"You don't want me to ride with you?" asks the oblivious alchemist.

"I never said that!"

"Why is your face so red? Are you coming down with something?" She moves to place her hand on the young man's forehead to check his temperature but he takes it instead and leads her over to the horse. He gets on himself and then pulls her up to sit behind him. "Oh!" she says in surprise.

"Okay, we're ready." He looks uncomfortable and is staring straight ahead.

"I'd say so." Zoe climbs onto her horse as well and Jo does the same with his own. Noble has his tail up, oblivious to the goings on but happy to have everyone back outside again.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:47 pm

Hunter gets on Moonshadow. "Just think of it as a ride-along, Cuz."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

Kathryn can't help but smile at poor John and the obliviousness of Oerth Illyana. She searches for Carrot with her eyes and then mounts the horse.

"Also, be careful not to let Illyana fall," she warns John. "She has a bomb in her bag."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:53 pm

"Now Ilyana, trip could get bumpy. You'll want to hold on to John there."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2019, 11:54 pm

"Yeah, hold on to him very tightly! Don't you let go!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2019, 12:07 am

"Oh, good idea." Ilyanna puts both her arms around John and rests her head on his shoulder. "Like this?"

"Yeah, like that!" Zoe laughs.

John just sits there, holding his reins, waiting for the others to finally move out and asking himself why he wanted to come along in the first place.

"Everyone ready?" asks Jojo.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2019, 12:08 am

"Ready!" Kat happily declares. "Let's kill some bullywugs!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jan 2019, 12:09 am

"I'm ready!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next