A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 1:11 am

Hunter gives her an odd look, but... well, she's not really the lying sort. Problem is, he's bad at it too. But, here goes nothing.

"He's angry because, uh...he wasn't invited to the feast, or to the raid. He's a very strong warrior, very proud. He feels disrespected."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 1:28 am

The shaman visibly relaxes. "Oh. I not know he want to. Next time I'll invite him. Feassssts are for ssstrong warriorsss to become ssstronger."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 1:37 am

The knight does her best to hide her disdain for the lizardman, and to do this, quickly goes back to her line of questioning. "Sleestak? I don't really know how the Eye of Tiamat and the... sacrifices work. Can you explain it to me?"
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:10 pm

"The Eye capturesss the sssouls of those sssacrificed. The Master will ussse them to assscend to Tiamat's ssside when it isss full."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:13 pm

"Ah...we'd better keep it safe, then. Is this the only one?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:14 pm

Kat considers the implications of this revelation.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:16 pm

Sleestak's tongue tastes the air in surprise. "It is a great honor that the goddessss bestowed usss with one, much lesss the other nine."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:22 pm

"Of course. So, what are your peoples' plans now? Are there any more raids planned?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:26 pm

"More importantly, oi. Where are the other 9?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:29 pm

"With the goddesss, of courssse," Sleestak says tasting the air again. "The Master will use it to join her." He seems confused by the questions.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:39 pm

"We'd like to visit sometime. Where's your camp?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:40 pm

"You wish to help the Master?" Sleestak is hesitating.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:47 pm

Wonderful, time to lie again. "Yeah, we want to help. We'll take care of the souls from here on out, and then we'll take the Eye to the Master."

Deception 17
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 10:54 pm

"I can't tell you where the camp isss and the Master commanded me to bring back the Eye after our ritual and report how it went. But I have a way to contact him. We can asssk for permission first." He reaches into his pack and feels around, but when doesn't find what he is looking for he becomes agitated. "Where isss the tooth?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:02 pm

"Oh, i think you dropped it in all the commotion. It's ok, Bill went back to get it."

Deception 14
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:04 pm

Kathryn exchanges a look with her companions at the mention of the tooth.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:09 pm

"I'm sure he'll be back in no time, Sleestak," says Brooke, helping.

The lizardman visibly relaxes. "Oh good. The Master would eat me if I lost it."

"Oh, that would be terrible," Brooke feigns while the other naiads suppress giggles.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:14 pm

"Tell us about the master. What's his name?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:27 pm

The lizardman speaks in a reverent tone, "The Master is the ruler of all the Vale, and we are his chosen people. His name is Shadowmire, the Scourge of Alacho-Harkan."

The naiads stop giggling at the name and start furiously whispering. Brooke frowns at her sisters and they quickly go silent under her hard glare. "Shadowmire is the black dragon that outright rules the Witchlight Fens."

"Yes! And the Vale!" The shaman raises his arms into the air and makes a disturbing throaty sound that is probably a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:45 pm

The white-haired knight's eyes widen when the lizardman confirms the dragon to be its master. Her facial expression hardens and it's with calm determination that she addresses the shaman.

"I've heard of the Great Shadowmire before," she says. "He's actually really powerful, yes? I can see why Tiamat would welcome him at her side. But I've also noticed you managed to convince the bullywugs into serving you and your master. Is the Slayer of a Thousand, Thousand Chiefs rallying other tribes under his command? Like the goblins?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 07 Feb 2019, 11:47 pm

Hunter uses his tiefling cantrip to throw his whispering voice to the ladies.

Thaumaturgy
whispering to Brooke:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2019, 12:05 am

"All serve under the Scourge of the Vale!" He's ranting now, even drooling.

Brooke nods at Hunter and then looks at Kat, who hears the naiad's voice whisper into her ear, "Should we end this? He's ranting now."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2019, 12:12 am

Hunter rolls his eyes and pulls out his bow, just in case this guy becomes trouble, but he's barely hanging on anyway. One shot of pressurized water to the chest and he'll go out like the bullywugs who were standing watch at the entrance. In fact, Hunter steps a few paces to the side from Sleestak.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2019, 12:15 am

Kathryn sighs in disappointment and nods at the Naiad. She grabs the handle of her sword, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 08 Feb 2019, 12:22 am

"I think that's enough for today Sleestak. You've just recovered and must rest. Why don't you lay in my lap while you sleep? I can sing a song for you."

It takes a moment to register for the shaman but he lowers his arms and realizes that she's right. He is feeling tired. "That would be nice, Brooke."

"You should say goodbye to your new friends then."

"Goodbye, Ser Katheryn. Goodbye Hunter. Goodbye Carlossss and Zoe. Goodbye alchemissst lady and John." He waves at the lot of you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next