A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Interlude (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2019, 9:39 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze shows Konrad what the correct triumphant pose is.

Bear trap
The hunter explains that he already has a trap ready for the bear, which is as simple as setting up a cage, and luring the bear into with bait. However, he needs the Adjunct's help to transport the bear to someplace else, and guard the animal until it is delivered at the Hunters' central office of Walkerfree. There's also the matter of the bears' cubs, but they won't really pose a problem since the hunter crafted a few capture poles for this exact purpose.

As an ex-hunter herself, Fedler agrees with the outlined plan, and explains to the rest of the party that this is standard procedure in their line of work.

Konrad's name-dropping
Konrad's attempt to establish his reputation doesn't seem to... bear much fruit, but the reasons for this are very simple; the only ruffians he encountered were for the most part unimportant, and he keeps traveling around the island far too often for it to make a noticeable difference.

However, Breeze and Fedler have noticed it.

Paramour
The lady raises an eyebrow, takes the poem from Konrad's hand, and starts to read it. After a short moment, she snorts, then laughs out loud, clearly amused by this lewd piece of literature.

"That's one creative way to interpret the 30 Tenets of Deremonda..." she says, smiling. She turns towards Konrad, and asks, "How have you learned about the Stoic principles? I imagine most Myrzens teachers skip this lesson."

OOC:

Forgery jobs
After doing some good work on those forgery jobs, "Doorman" becomes known to his contacts as a reliable asset, and one of them casually inquire whether he would be interested in a different line of work, something that would take full advantage of his physical abilities (*cough cough* muscle jobs *cough cough*). Of course, he'll have to finish his backlog of orders first, so these new assignments would be offered to you at a later date (*cough cough* after the second adventure *cough cough*).

Follow the spice
Konrad is right not to push his luck in asking his handler to be sent on jobs somewhere south, considering the unique nature of his contract with the Coins.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2019, 9:40 pm

Rory wrote:
Bears
That concludes the roleplay.

Remember the name
Well, you have to start somewhere. I want to build up notoriety behind my name, and protecting a friend gives me the opportunity to test the waters. Remembering the details about why I was involved are secondary to remembering my name.

Paramour
He offers her a shrug and a weak smile. "Well...to be fair, Stoicism was only covered very briefly; it was mostly footnotes. Normally I'm very uh, 'pro Myrzen' versus the principles, but for you, I'd like to make an exception. If you want, I'd be more than happy to let you educate me on Deremonda's tenets over coffee, while I try to explain the mentality behind the Myrzen side of things? Or I could bore you with my fascination with pen-strokes."

In the latter suggestion in his proposed exchange on his part, his tone is at once sympathetic and dismissive, predicting her possible attitude toward the topic would be that of boredom, and therefore attempting to mirror that in himself. And on the other hand, there's a hint of slightly gauging her interest, as Konrad would have no problem gushing about it.

[Being a practiced forger, it would not be out of the blue for Konrad(not me, I couldn't forge worth a penny if I tried) to have a fascination for different styles of handwriting and some dabbler's knowledge of graphology.]

An offer for the Doorman
My answer would be "Maybe. I'm not unfamiliar with what you're suggesting, but my schedule is murky. Once I've taken care of the backlog of my work, I'll get back to you with an answer."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2019, 9:41 pm

Kolson wrote:
(Yeah, go Rory, go! I think you are going to give me a run in the shenanigans department next adventure, lol.)
I think you proved easily in Proxy War that I could never give you a run in shenanigans, Kolson. Cool
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2019, 9:42 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Remember the name
I'll keep that in mind.

Paramour
The lady seems a little more wary, after which she asks what he means by "pen-strokes", and Konrad's explanation seems to alleviate her concerns, whatever they are. She smiles, and after some consideration, admits that she would gladly discuss the pros and cons of their respective philosophies over a coffee.

OOC:

She reveals that her name is Aemilia Avenarius, and that she originally is from Emerald, but has lived in Walkerfree for the last ten years to supervise the Free Feathers' branch of her family's company, which fits with what she is wearing; a formal business attire of good cloth, all in grey and blue, but nothing extravagant. This must have cost quite a bit of money, but Konrad can't deduce much more about than that. During their conversation, she shows genuine interest in Konrad's "Myrzen" philosophy, but will still defend the principles of Stoicism and the good it did for the mages of the Archipelago; after all, it was hard-lined Stoics who defended the Cursed and the Blessed from the inhumane treatment of the Imperial Remnant during the first two years that followed the Flood. "These 'working houses' were no better than internment camps."

To this, Konrad says, "A structure and a proper attitude must have needed to be applied directly after the Flood. The way we handle our approach to magic and those who are Cursed works well for us. The hardline Stoicism must have been quite effective, but it might be time to reexamine the cultural atmosphere surrounding magic these days."

This response appears to intrigue her, and her interest in their conversation is now perceptible. She casually changes the topic something else.

Aemilia also asks a few questions about graphology, and wonders what Konrad can learn about her own handwriting. Konrad shares his impressions; that her handwriting (which is swift and gracious) indicates that she must write a lot for her work, and that she always tries to make it always easy to read. He suggests with a deferential tone that she's a firm and confident person, who albeit does not enjoy crowds, and possesses strong inward feeling, and that low-key affairs are more appealing to her. Konrad appears to have fun gleaning insight from her handwriting, and he tries to emulate it.

Aemilia is impressed by Konrad's imitiation of her handwriting, even if it is a little rougher than hers. "With more time, you might get it right. How long before your employer sends you away from Walkerfree?"

The red mage replies, "A few days, then we report back to our handler for the next job." He then proceeds to ask what her company's business is.

"This is something I prefer to discuss in private. How about we continue this conversation at my place?" It appears that Konrad's restrained approach has successfully gotten her attention, as he notices by the tone of her voice that she didn't plan to invite him to her house. She is hiding it very well, but she is looking forward to what might happen next. Her display of patience seems to be genuine, and well calculated.

"I'd like that." Konrad stands up, offers his hand and says, "Lead the way."

*fade to black*

An offer for the Doorman
"Of course. We're not planning to give you any work that might conflict with your current 'employer', so rest assured on that front."
Tiny edits in sentence structure of Konrad's cold reading

The following is after Konrad's first time meeting Aemilia Avenarius, following her home and the morning after.

Red Bedfellows:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 29 Jul 2019, 9:43 pm

Rory wrote:
In Walkerfree (on bodyguard duty)
When the group gathers the day after, Konrad explains to them that he'll be staying at Aemilia's home, which is where he was the previous night. He tells them how to get to her home if he's there and they need to talk to him, presumably about something important. Otherwise, he will be on time for party/Coins meetings and merchant bodyguard duty.

Hanging out with Aemilia
Konrad decides to stay with Aemilia while he's in Walkerfree, during which she will invite him to dinner, and one time to a theater. She insists on formal attire and procures it for him, which he wears like a second skin. When they exchange measurements, she smirks knowingly and adds, "Well, if you are intent on buying me something, I would prefer something other than a dress."

On the day they are departing to receive a new job from their handler Sonlake Dermold, Konrad convinces her stay in touch, and gives her his mail address with the Coins in exchange for hers.

[Now we're all caught up for Adventure #2, which Zeiss tells me is still being tweaked.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude (Archive)   1st Interlude (Archive) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Interlude (Archive)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2