A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:27 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"We tried to board the other ship to offer you assistance, but the... sea creature was too fast. We couldn't get to you before it took the whole vessel with it. Once the storm passed, we came to this island to ask the people of this monastery if they had found any survivors, but they didn't. We left the little fairy here, and scouted the shoreline of the island to the south, and then came back here."

"And you're quite a sight for the sore guy, quartermaster," says Fredrick. "So, shall we get back home?"

"Back home!" exclaims Breeze, her hands in the hair. "Yeah!"

"I can't wait to put my feet up, and just relax," mutters Fedler.

"I'm thinking of taking a bath myself," adds Naomi, to the hunter's attention. "That's what I usually do after a mission like this one."

"...I'm definitely taking a bath."

"Me too!" shouts Breeze. "With bubbles! We need bubbles."

"Right.  Just one thing; we will have to stop at Zest for the night. We had cargo to unload, but your group came back before we could finish the job. If we leave now, we should arrive in Zest one hour after the sunset, and we would leave the following day, around 2 o'clock in the afternoon."

"As long as we get back home without ending up in a squid's stomach, a stop in Zest is fine," comments Zelk.

Edward turns towards the boat he came in.

"Shall we go?"

At this moment, the party can hear the footsteps of someone walking on the pier. It's Master Avalon.

"I see you're getting ready to leave," he states with a mild tone.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:27 pm

K wrote:
"Yes." - Mihai plainly offers. He looks like he wants to say more, but can't get around to it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:28 pm

Rory wrote:
Oh...well, I suppose if we must. "Music to my ears, Edward. Perhaps we'll get around to investigating the port town's moving statue problem after all."

He turns around when the footsteps have stopped. Smiling, after Mihai answers for them, he chimes in, "Indeed. Our business here is concluded. Do you have business in Zest, master?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:28 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"No," answers the middle-aged monk. "I've only come to wish you safe travels."

He slightly bows, just like Faith has done only a few hours ago.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Master Avalon," replies Zelk with the most deference she can muster. Then, her expression darkens, and she attempts to talk in a softer tone. "We are also sorry for your loss. We are partly to blame for this."

"No, you're not," retorts the master. He doesn't appear to see the need to explain.

"Nevertheless, I will suggest to my superiors that reparations be made, so this orphanage can take in even more children."

She bows, which catches Avalon off-guard. It takes a few seconds before he can respond. "Thank you," he says. "Take care of yourselves."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"Thank you for everything." - Mihai finally works up to concluding.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve waves goodbye. "So long Master Avalon. Thank you for your kindness."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:29 pm

Rory wrote:
Zeizz wrote:
"Thank you for your hospitality, Master Avalon," replies Zelk with the most deference she can muster. Then, her expression darkens, and she attempts to talk in a softer tone. "We are also sorry for your loss. We are partly to blame for this."
"Partly to blame"? Konrad raises an eyebrow at this...opinion. However, he nevertheless bows slightly.

After Avalon responds if he so chooses, and turns to leave
Konrad will turn to his quartermaster and say, "I hope you have room for eight more in that boat."

Deception
Hiding that "speak for yourself" attitude from the master.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:29 pm

Zeiss wrote:
The quartermaster observes the other members of the group as they also give their thanks to the master, who doesn't seem to have noticed the red mage's apathetic attitude; unlike Naomi. When Konrad asks his question, Edward answers with what almost sounds like a mocking tone. "I'm sure we'll be fine, if we all squeeze."

However, the children unexpectedly appeared on the pier to say goodbye. In fact, it's Saria who insisted they do, and Volwind agreed to come with her. The little girl is clearly sad to see all of her fellow funny faces players leave, and she insists on hugging each one of them; Fedler, Mihai, Steve, and Breeze. Once everyone has gotten on the boat, Breeze makes one last funny face for Saria, and she responds in kind.

The island slowly shrinks, and soon enough, the party is back on the Barracuda.

"As you can see," Edward points out, "we have taken minimal damage during the battle with the other vessel. Everett and his crew have already been working on putting her back into shape, but we'll need to stop at Zest to finish the repairs."

As soon as the party had stepped onto the deck, the whole crew stopped working and saluted their captain who had just returned. They would stay like this until he gave them the permission to carry on. As of this moment, they are bringing the small boat back onto the ship, and are readying the sails in preparation for the journey ahead.

"Some of our crew survived the kraken's attack," continues the quartermaster, who winces at his own usage of that word, "and we have been able to rescue them from the waters once they jumped off the pirate's ship. I still have no idea how we couldn't find any of you, but that doesn't seem to matter now. We are ready to depart on your order, captain."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:30 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad - who, because of his own matters, had little time to interact with them - smiles passively as the kids say goodbye.

Fully aware of the deaths the crew have had to accept, Konrad salutes the men in return, and place a hand over his heart. "Spare a moment to honor the memory of those who have fallen."

He stands like that for five whole seconds. His hand comes back down and he nods to them, and turns to face Edward as they carry on.

They stuck around because otherwise it wouldn't look good for them to return with tail between their legs and hide nor hair of the important people, at least not without scouring the Cove to find them.

"Let's not overstay our welcome. Take us back to Zest."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:30 pm

K wrote:
Mihai lingers on the sight of the Master and the children for just a little longer, then takes a short bow before turning away, and is last to get on the boat.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The crew also place a hand over their heart, just like Konrad, and stay silent until the moment is over. Once the order is given, the quartermaster nods at Konrad, and replies, "Yes captain, at once."

He then begins to shout orders at the rest of the sailors.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
Steve gets down on one knee and hugs her back. "Be good, okay? And keep practicing those funny faces. A little silliness now and then is good for the soul."

-----------------------

In the moment of silence the young mage looks around at the crew. So many faces are missing now. But they, the survivors, found a way to keep on keeping on. Their quiet strength fills Steve with pride at having fought by their sides. In that moment he vowed to take his sailor training seriously. He may not have earned his way to first officer but he'd damn well try to be worthy of it going forward.

But not today. He had a poem for Zelk to finish first. After the ship is underway he heads for his cabin to do so.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:44 pm

Blowing Smoke (Konrad & Fedler)
Zeiss wrote:
Konrad:

Winning (Konrad & Naomi)
Zeiss wrote:
Konrad again:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 8:01 pm

Chess in the Galley (Mihai, Steve, Breeze)
Zeiss wrote:
Mihai and Steve:

Next, the Fairies! (Steve & Breeze)
Zeiss wrote:
Steve:

Getting Comfortable (Steve & Zelk)
Zeiss wrote:
Steve:

City Lights (Mihai, Fedler, Breeze)
Zeiss wrote:
Mihai:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28