A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2019, 11:33 pm

"Aye, it got hairy here and there, but nothin' we couldn't handle." - Carlos smiles and offers by way of reply.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2019, 11:42 pm

Hunter was about to object to the "Mr." form of address, but is gladly interrupted.

"We're all okay. The elves lost more of their kin, but they fought for a worthy cause, and we won't take it lying down."

His tail sways nervously. "Uh, we came to return the doll, and to tell you what we learned about Sophia's friend."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2019, 11:43 pm

Kathryn looks at Zoe and waits for her to give the doll back to Sophia.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2019, 11:52 pm

"Here you go, Sophia," says Zoe, pulling out the doll and offering it to the little girl.

Sophia raises her hands in the air and exclaims, "Abby!" She takes the offered doll and hugs her hard.

"Thank you for sending her with me," says Zoe, "But luckily I didn't need her help."

Sophia puts her ear against Abby's rag doll mouth, like she's whispering to her, and says, "Abby says she saved you three times." The little girl hugs her doll again.

Zoe doesn't know what to make of that and looks at the rest of you with a worried expression.

Picking up on that immediately Mia says, "What's the matter?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 02 Sep 2019, 11:59 pm

Kathryn ponders for a second how best to answer that question and says, "The doll is enchanted. It has a divination and an abjuration spell on it, which from what Jojo told me, protect the person holding it. Seems like Sophia really made herself a new friend, and that person is protecting her with their magic."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 12:16 am

"Pardon ma'am, but there's no way that can be. I made that doll for her myself. It's just a bit of rags I got from Alma in the kitchens," says Mia.

"I assure you madam, it is enchanted," says Jojo.

Disbelief, confusion, and fear battle on Mia's face, before she hugs her daughter and says, "Who would do this? And why?"

Sophia goes quiet and hugs her mom, the little girl picking up on her parent's tension.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 12:22 am

"Hey, it's okay! She's a silver dragon. Her name, uh..."

Hunter pulls out a note with names on it. "Her name is: Trilu'taibizorilieu of the Dawn. She's one of the still living members of the adventuring group who slayed a lamia with the help of another Fey Knight known as Quarion Sunstar, the Valiant. These are good people, ma'am. Whatever the reason she's taken a liking to your family, it must be benevolent!"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 12:35 am

"So you are saying a dragon, who was friends with legendary knight Quarion the Valiant, is somehow interested in my daughter and her well being? Yes, I'm sure that's a wonderful thing. Peachy," she says, sarcastically. "Sophia, go and tell your da I be needing him and then go play inside for a while. But I'll need to borrow Abby for a bit, okay?"

The little's girls saucer eyes blink twice at her mother before she says, "Okay." She hands the doll to Mia and then runs over to Jack to fetch him.

Meanwhile Mia stands up and says in a half-whispered yell, "I can't believe you lot gave that doll back to her without telling me what it is! What if it's dangerous? Is this thing really talking to her?" She looks at the doll in horror.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 1:07 am

"Mrs. Bluemane, I can promise you we wouldn't have given the doll back if we believed it posed any sort of threat to your daughter." Kathryn pauses to choose her words carefully before speaking again. "I understand what you're feeling; you're scared for your daughter and you just want her to have a safe, normal life. And anything weird like an enchanted doll threatens that. But if it was really dangerous, wouldn't you have noticed some kind of change in her? You know her better than anyone else after all. All I can recommend is that you speak with her about ‘Taibi‘, and try to learn who that really is. And if you want help with that, we'd be happy to help you."

Persuasion:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 1:23 am

Hunter's tail transitions from its swaying to flail in place, but he persists in his attempt to convince her that Taibi is worth the benefit of the doubt after Kathryn has finished talking.

"We're just trying to do right by you guys. If we can't persuade you to keep the doll, we'd be glad to hold onto it instead. People are known by the company they keep, and I'll bet Ms. Taibi still keeps in touch with her friends."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 1:46 am

Carlos clears his throat - "Um, ma'am? We think it's as simple as this Dragon havin' been friends with an ancestor of Sophia's and is now back to keep the friendship goin'. Silver Dragons do that, they're so long lived that they bond with a person's whole bloodline, since by the time they go fer a walk an' come back, they just find the descendants of who they use' ta be friends with."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 10:12 pm

Jack walks over, wiping his hands on a cloth from the pocket on his apron and says, "Hey now, what's going on here?"

Mia says, "Our daughter's doll was enchanted by a dragon without our knowledge or consent! And they gave it back to her without telling us!"

Jack gives you guys a blank look and says helpfully in a mildly confused tone, "What?"

Mia's face makes various angry and frustrated expressions before she pushes the doll into his hands and says, "This doll is not coming back into the house. Now figure out what you are going to do about it." She stalks off towards their cottage talking angrily to herself.

Jack looks down at the little doll and says, "So, what's this about a dragon?" After you guys catch him up, he wipes his brow and says, "Wow, that's a trip. And you say this dragon might have been a friend of the family? I don't know of any dragons being friends with mine so it's probably with Mia's. She's a González on her mother's side and they live in Tor's Hold if that helps. Speaking of which, I'd appreciate it if you would look into it. Mia will want to give this dragon a piece of her mind, if nothing else, but I'd like to know why she's sneaking around about it instead of just visiting and letting us get to know her."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 10:33 pm

Hunter glares off at Mia as she storm off, and his tail starts to twitch again. "Sure, I'd be glad to look into this for Sophia's sake," he answers abruptly.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 10:43 pm

"We had already planned to meet Taibi for our own needs, but we'll make sure to ask her about Sophia once we finally get to Hammerfast. You can count on it."

She nods confidently to Jack to reassure him about the matter, although he doesn't seem particularly worried about this.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 10:52 pm

"Aye, i'll ask the boys. See if they got a clue. Still..." - he looks at the doll - "Tha's a really good piece o' rag ya got there. I wouldn't get rid o' it - might look uncomfy ta have it around now but i really do think it protects whoev's holdin' it."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:02 pm

Jack looks down at the doll for a good long moment but holds it out to you guys. "No, you lot keep it for now. It may be a fine gift but it wasn't given honestly and besides, Sophia said Abby wanted to go with the cleric lady. Perhaps you need it more right now, miss."

Zoe looks at you guys and then says, "I don't know, are you sure?"

Jack says, "I insist."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:11 pm

"Fantastic." That doesn't sound genuine to any of you. "Good luck with the Missus, Mr. Bluemane. I'll catch up with you guys later, I gotta go visit Nonnie. You coming, Cousin?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:17 pm

"Yeah, sure," says John. He bites his lip and then finally says to Jack, "Sorry about causing you trouble. That wasn't our intent."

Jack says, "Don't worry about it, I know it wasn't. Mia's just scared about a dragon having an interest in our daughter and I don't blame her! But if it's all protection spells and company for my lonely daughter, it can't possibly be all bad, even if the whole thing is a bit clumsy. I'll smooth things out."

John nods and says to Hunter, "Let's get going then."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:20 pm

Hunter just nods and walks away, whistling to call Noble.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:28 pm

"We better be on our way too," Kat says. "I hope you and the rest of the family have fun during the feast. Have a nice day."

She waits for everyone to say goodbye and then walks off into the keep.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:33 pm

"Aye, haf' a good one." - Carlos waves by way of buh bye.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 03 Sep 2019, 11:35 pm

Zoe takes the doll with a nod, placing it in her belt pouch. She follows Kat, Carlos, and Jo back towards the keep.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed 04 Sep 2019, 10:03 pm

Student and Teacher:

Nonnie Greentoes:

A Dwarf, an Elf, and a Squirrel King Walk Into a Pub...:

Echos of the Past:

The Lady of the Keep:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Sep 2019, 11:39 pm

After splitting up on various business, the party is now back together again in the courtyard of Stockmer Keep. The setup for the party is now complete and the sun is on its way down. Servants are walking around lighting lamps on special poles brought out for the occasion and folks from the village have steadily been making their way up for the party. For the last twenty minutes, food has been making its way steadily out to the tables set up for distributing it. Some of the villagers have brought instruments and they are taking their positions in the area set up for them. They begin the process of tuning almost immediately; the men and women producing two flutes, a fiddle, a handheld frame drum, and a mandolin.

The excitement is building in the crowd as everyone senses that the party will start soon and just as the light of the sun is extinguished, Steward Lonetree appears. He is wearing a fine blue and black outfit, suitable for a noble at play. Walking with him on either arm are Febe and another young woman, who looks both younger and related to her. They are both dressed in white gowns, though the new girl is also holding a fiddle of her own. She's shorter than her sister and her brown hair is lighter. The smile she gives the crowd is dazzling. Their appearance draws cheers of appreciation from the crowd. When he reaches the door, the sisters detach themselves from his arms, standing together to his left so that he is free to address everyone. Lonetree holds up his hands and calls out to the gathering, "Welcome esteemed and honored guests, to Stockmer Keep and to this victory celebration!"

The crowd needs no prompting to take up a cheer and Lonetree plays it up by motioning for everyone to cheer louder. After the cheering dies down sufficiently, Lonetree says, "We are in for a real treat this night my friends, for among our honored guests is Sorcha Medial of Fallcrest, esteemed bard and master of the fiddle. She has graciously agreed to perform for us this night."

Sorsha Medial:

Sorsha does a flawless curtsy when she acknowledges the cheers of the crowd, waving at particularly passionate fans as she walks over to join the other musicians. After she takes her place, Lonetree continues, "Now, it is my great honor to present to you your hosts, Lord and Lady Stockmer!"

Lord Stockmer and Lady Emily both appear, dressed in what appears to be their finest clothes, he in a dashing green and blue outfit, and her in a matching blue and green dress. Behind them follow Griffon and Holly, each of them dressed in matching white and green outfits. Stockmer and Emily both wave as people cheer for them but the lord of the castle wastes no time in addressing his guests, showing that he's a slightly nervous public speaker. His voice doesn't waver in the least though. "I'm not one for long speeches so bear with me here. Welcome everyone, to this party. But especially welcome to the members of our new Alliance. This party is for you. I also want to thank Steward Lonetree and our staff. You rose to the challenge of throwing this party with almost no notice and let me tell you, if we all didn't know the time crunch you were under, we never would have; this is exquisite." He leads the applause for the steward and the staff, who all look variously pleased or embarrassed as is their personality. Lonetree himself is immensely happy with the acknowledgement, bowing in return. Stockmer smiles at his steward and then turns to everyone else, "Now let's eat!"

And so the party begins. The band starts up, playing a jaunty tune to set the tone, while a line forms for the two tables containing platters of food and another line at the makeshift bar where four men--two dwarves, a human, and a halfling--all fulfill the drink orders by tapping whatever appropriate keg of ale or what have you.

A Jaunty Tune:

Party Activities:

Drinking Contest:

Dance Competition:

Bjark's Axe Throwing Competition:

Joke or Storytelling Competition:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 17 Sep 2019, 12:19 am

Carlos looks at that lovely drinking contes-- nope. Had that the other night, and had enough to drink already. Thinking of the next most intoxicating thing, he spots Zoe dancing amidst the crowd. He knows what he must do, so he walks over to her - "May i have this dance, milady?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 3 of 35Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 35  Next