A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Interlude (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:23 am

K wrote:
"So more fairies awoke in the Enclave than Fluffle's people." - Mihai muses - "Commander, i've a question."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:23 am

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler lingers at the edge of the group, but she is still listening in. Breeze sits on her shoulder, and observes the crew preparing for departure.

"Yes?" says Tom Blackcliff.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"Snicker doesn't act like it has much of a plan, despite having had something in mind for Konrad before Breeze ripped him out. It acts more like a psycho brat, tearing the wings off a fly." - he observes - "It doesn't seem likely that all the Phenomena are born evil. Does it happen by chance, or is there something else making it happen?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:24 am

Zeiss wrote:
"I don't know," Blackcliff casually says as tendrils of white smoke partially hide his face. "We've learned from certain scientists that the level of ambient magic has risen by 1% in the last few months. One of our theories is that this 1% is enough to make that kind of difference on our world."

His fairy companion nods, and looks over at the party members.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:24 am

K wrote:
"I've heard about it too." - Mihai considers for a moment. Then almost absentmindedly, something mumbles past his lips - "...all the time in the world..."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:25 am

Rory wrote:
Zeiss wrote:
"Me and a few friends found him in the Enclave while we were on a recon mission," the commander answers. "He's been with us since."
"Sounds like a story I've heard before."

Zeiss wrote:
"I don't know," Blackcliff casually says as tendrils of white smoke partially hide his face. "We've learned from certain scientists that the level of ambient magic has risen by 1% in the last few months. One of our theories is that this 1% is enough to make that kind of difference on our world."

His fairy companion nods, and looks over at the party members.
"I think the answer, or answers, to that question lie in the realm of philosophy, Mihai."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:27 am

Rory wrote:
"Can I ask something? The demon has a problem with fairies. To me that says fairy magic will have a role in its downfall. So far, Breeze has only been able to accrue her powers by 'unlocking' them, at opportune moments, it seems, like a latent savant. Is this the case with you, Felix?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:28 am

Zeiss wrote:
The fairy fiddles with his cloak to help him concentrate, and tells Konrad, "I think so. If you're right, that means you'll need Breeze's help to defeat Snicker."

"You know my name?" inquires the blue-haired girl.

"Of course. Tommy told me a lot about you since you joined the Coins. You're the first fairy I've heard about in years."

He gives her a warm smile.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:28 am

Rory wrote:
"Thank you. In keeping with this line of logic, anything we know about the fairies will help us with our task, and it will help the fairies be more effective in being a thorn in Snicker's paw. Commander Blackcliff, have the Coins learned anything else about the fairies that you can share with us?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The commander shares a brief look with Felix before he answers the red mage's question. "No. And if I did, it would be more advantageous that I refrain from doing so. Snicker might be listening on our conversation right at this very moment."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:29 am

K wrote:
"I told Breeze something similar." - Mihai admits - "All that's really left is to trust her."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:29 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad puts a hand on his hip. "That would be a fair point if Snicker had no way of knowing what you have learned," he protests. "Oh...he doesn't, does he? How is that possible?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai squints, looking at Blackcliff - "That would explain a few things."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:30 am

Zeiss wrote:
Blackcliff stares at the group, and calmly explains, "We are not certain, but we believe that the ‘orbs’ provide some protection against Snicker's mind reading abilities. Which is why Sonlake wanted Breeze to give one to all of you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:30 am

K wrote:
"As for the Orbs, is it possible for Breeze to learn to make ones like the one we saw before?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:31 am

Rory wrote:
"That might be possible. Ever since the 'incident', I haven't heard him speaking inside my head. It may be related. At the very least, Felix could confer with Breeze to show her any abilities he's learned or fairy magic he's untapped within himself."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:32 am

Zeiss wrote:
Felix shakes his head at Konrad's suggestion. "It's not something that can be taught. Each fairy learns at their own pace."

Breeze's wonder is obvious. "Ooh..."

To Mihai, Blackcliff says, "I don't know. Why don't you take a look at your orb?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:32 am

Kolson wrote:
"If we are going to do that we should retire to our rooms first for some privacy."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:33 am

K wrote:
Something seems to click in Mihai's mind, but Steve's suggestion brings him back to his senses - "I guess. Rather not do it in the open."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:33 am

Rory wrote:
"Below deck, then. I wonder if the orbs can be rewoven..."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The commander shrugs. "Let us set sail then."

He puts away his pipe, gestures to Felix to climb on his shoulder, and starts to give orders to the crew who readily obey him. A few minutes later, the ship has sailed toward Zest's Gate.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
The 113th adjunct find themselves in Zest's Gate, standing in front of the Healer, the statue of a woman who is kneeling and holding her hands over an injured man whose eye are closed. This seems to depict the casting of a spell. Around the statue is a new fence with a sigh that says, "Vandalize at your own peril."

Passerby ignore the party members.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:34 am

K wrote:
Konrad fumbles with an opening pick-up line. Not serious at all. "Hey there, you. Is that a...stone, in-on your--are you made of stone, or are you just happy to see me?"

Mihai approaches the statue, and says nothing for a moment. Konrad glances over at Mihai, and says to the Healer, "don't mind him. That just means he likes you."

Mihai pipes up - "A few months ago, an invisible thing - maybe with the look of a puff of black smoke, if you can see it - arrived in town. Must have hung out here for the better part of a day. Stole the name i thought up when i met it, and goes around now calling itself Snicker. It's tormenting and murdering innocent people now. Do you know anything about it?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020, 12:34 am

Zeiss wrote:
There is a pause. Then an answer only the five of you can hear. "Yes."

Breeze eyes brighten, and Fedler's hand twitches with anticipation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai shudders a little at the response he had but a flimsy hope of getting. He gets his composure back in short order, and follows up.

"I need to know about it. I need to know how to stop it. Will you help?" - he pleads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Interlude (Archive)   2nd Interlude (Archive) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Interlude (Archive)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next