A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 3: The Ball - Departure

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 12:48 am

"Talk about fucked up."

"Ugh... Let's not keep Amber waiting any longer. MIHAI, I SUMMON YOU!!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 12:54 am

"Yes. I understand how important it is to you, and formally, it would also be against my interests to start sharing it without your say-so. I won't put our relations jeopardy."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 1:08 am

"Hello, B. Sean, this is the girl we talked about, Brünhilde. Brünhilde this is Sean Freeron." Introductions make for excellent stalling tactics. She retreats to the kitchen ostensibly to make the tea but is desperately wishing for Steve to come back and deal with this. Perhaps if she concentrates hard enough.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 1:14 am

Nick

Nick can feel Mihai's mind awaken fully, and it's like there's a third person in his head now. However, Mihai hasn't taken back control of his body yet.

Samantha

Femke nods and says, "Thank you."

Suddenly, Samantha feels Konrad's mind awaken. He's back, but not in control.

Steve

May's prodding unexpectedly works, as Steve "wakes up" from what feels like a strange instance of sleepwalking. He's immediately aware of where he is and what happened, but can't move his body as he wishes. Only May can.

Behind him, he can hear Sean greet Brünhilde and ask what she's writing about.

"I have very bad handwriting, so I need to practice," she explains. " My father told me it's because the letters are scrambled in my head."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 1:21 am

"Oh, c'mon! Do i gotta start swinging this thing in here to get you to come out!?"

"Muwahahaha, i'm Snicker! We're gonna have us some fun! And i'm gonna drive the world Mad, and shit!"

"Miss Jasmine, please? You there yet? Your eyes are a much lovelier shade of green than whatever he's got going." - "Pure emerald-gorgeous, i tell you."

"Will you two shut up?"

"................."

"............"

"Aha!! I knew that was the trick!"

"Yeah yeah, take me to Amber."

The dual-minded creature finally walks out the door to go meet Mihai's cute little sister
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 1:30 am

Hey, you. Perfect timing, we were just talking about you.

Sam smiles. "He's waking up. Maybe I should use something to signal when he's not at home."

An Unopened Book:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 1:20 pm

"Verdammt, Steve," May mutters to herself when she realizes she's gonna have to be the one to get them through this important meeting.

She sighs and starts using Steve's knowledge of the galley and tea making to get a pot going, but while she is working she calls back to them, "Have you ever heard of anything like that, Sean?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 3:17 pm

May and Steve

Sean sits down at the table opposite Brünhilde and says, "I have, yes. The white mages call it dyslexia. It's not something that can be cured, but it's manageable."

"Dyslexia!" Brünhilde exclaims. "That was the word!"

Steve has recovered enough that he believes he could now attempt something.

Mihai and Nick

As Mihai make his way down, Nick notices that he hasn't "gone back to sleep", but feels like he could if he so wishes.

When Mihai passes by the galley, he notices that Steve, Brünhilde and Sean Freeron are there too. Only Steve notices him however.

Samantha and Konrad

Femke notices that empty gaze Samantha gets when she begins to communicate with Konrad, and although she tries to speak to her first, she stops when she realizes she's focusing on something else.

When Samantha blinks once more, Femke asks, "Is everything all right?"

Unfortunately for Konrad, his inner conversation with Samantha appears to have had an unintended effect: he feels trapped in his own body and can't do anything about it, at least for now. Samantha attempting to give him back control doesn't work either.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm

"Hey, can you scoot over now?"

"Huh?"

"Steve and Brünhilde are over there. And Freeron."

"You're just gonna leave Amber hanging?"

"No, i wanna see how the kid's doing after her town's been painted blood, and i want to see if Steve wants to come along."

"Man's asserting dominance! Bet that's why Fedler likes him."

Nick mentally shrugs - "Don't forget i own 50% of your body's uptime now."

"Yeah, send me an invoice. You'll get to talk to Hammerfist before we leave, deliver the good news about Jacob. We'll figure it out."

"Don't worry, mom! I'll make sure he doesn't do anything naughty."

"Wake me up if he starts brooding."

"................."

Mihai takes a right and approaches the galley. Nods at Steve as he reaches out with his new Telepathy thing - "Venators are awake, the girl is crying." - then walks over to the table.

"Good morning, B. Sean."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 07 Aug 2022, 3:41 pm

Oh, great. I'm not doing that again.

"Um, well, sort of. He wanted to talk, and we went into one of his memories. He's awake, but... he's stuck, and I have control. I can't do anything to help. It'll have to wear off on its own. While he had me there, he promised me that he would try to take Edward alive. I told him something that might help."

Hey, you--

Shush.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:02 pm

Steve will attempt to assert himself over his body. For her part, May won't fight it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:22 pm

Steve and Mihai

May's consciousness retreats as Steve pushes to the forefront of his mind, and then the roles are suddenly switched; May is now the one without control of the body while Steve can finally move as he wishes. However, he also notices that May's consciousness is still present. Whether or not she will remain there or return to her slumber is up to her.

"Hello, Mihai!" Brünhilde exclaims with a smile.

"Well, hello, young man," Sean says as he stands up to shake his hand. "How are you?"

Despite the bleak situation in Luxus, he keeps a lighthearted tone in front of the teenage girl.

Samantha

Femke slightly frowns when she hears about Konrad's predicament, and after a short moment of consideration, she offers, "Although I know nothing about how these orbs function, maybe talking to the others might help?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:29 pm

"Acknowledged," answers Steve to Mihai via telepathy. He feels momentarily guilty for forgetting to check on their "guests" before sleeping but soon realizes he was so beat it wouldn't have helped anyway.

Out loud he says, "Good morning. Would you like some tea, Mihai? We just need to wait for the water to boil."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:34 pm

Mihai shakes Sean's hand - "You know, hanging in there."

Then Steve offers tea - "Hmm... for a minute, Amber needs me. I'll bring her something from the galley."

Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:43 pm

No more than Jacob was able to.

"We'll do that after we get something from the galley."

Do you have anything to drink there?

If you need something, why not grab a drink in here?

Point taken.

Samantha goes to the liquor cabinet and takes a nearby glass, pours herself a couple fingers of the Lorinthian Red, and drinks it like a shot. "Mmm. I've missed that."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 10:55 pm

"Let me see what we got and I'll throw something together for you guys. Should probably put something together for our prisoners as well now that I think about it." He starts digging into the supplies and ends up going for omelettes and bacon along with a medley of fruit.

May spends the time watching Steve cook, taking pleasure from the act of the simple activity and passes the time without commentary.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 11:21 pm

Samantha

Femke stares at Samantha in silence. Her expression betrays no feelings.

Steve and Mihai

While Steve cooks a meal, Sean continues to ask Brünhilde questions about her dyslexia and how she's been coping with it. He also offers to provide her with books to practice her reading once she arrives in the Free Feathers.

"I've never been there before..." she says. "They won't mind a Lorinthian like me, will they...?"

"Absolutely not," Sean responds. "And if they do, they'd be fools. I'd be glad to take you to your new home with me today, but no commercial ship is allowed to enter or leave port at the moment."

"Because of the battle?"

"Yes. Thankfully, it is over now."

Steve has finished cooking now.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 11:32 pm

"Breakfast is ready!" Steve brings out the food and tea for everyone. He sighs contentedly after sipping his tea and tucks in immediately.

Telepathically he says to Mihai, "You should talk to the Venators first, offer them food. When we come through for them we can start building up some trust."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 11:44 pm

Brünhilde widens her eyes in amazement at the sight of the omelet and the slices of bacon on the side, and she moves away her sheets of paper and starts digging in immediately.

"Thank you!" she exclaims. "I haven't had bacon in so long!"

Sean raises an eyebrow at that, but says instead, "Thank you, Steve."

Steve smiles and nods in acknowledgement of their thanks, while sharing a meaningful look with Sean about B's food situation.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 11:46 pm

"Yeah, good call." - he replies, as he takes a piece of bacon.

"Let things simmer down a bit, then swing by your place to pick up your stuff. It'd be a crime to leave Billy just hanging there." - he suggests to Brünhilde, then at Sean - "Help her with that?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 11 Aug 2022, 11:46 pm

It does taste good, doesn't it? It's ironic, but having no control feels strangely freeing.

Samantha heads for the door and stops to look back. "Femke, you'll be coming too, right?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2022, 12:07 am

Samantha

"Of course," the Tyke responds before following Samantha out of the cabin.

Steve and Mihai

Brünhilde smiles at Mihai's reference while she continues to eat her breakfast. As for Sean Freeron, his expression darkens.

"The mercenaries are searching several houses and buildings across the city for potential Vigilate fugitives, and I only got here with Van's help, so it might take a while," Sean says. "But once we're allowed to move freely across town, then I'll be happy to help."

"Oh, I don't have much to bring with me," the girl says between two mouthfuls. "But there's still the thing about Ateia..."

She looks at Steve with a concerned look.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2022, 12:21 am

"Hey, none of that. I said I'd take care of it and I will." Steve smiles at her with complete confidence. To Mihai and Sean he says, "Ateia is a local thug we need to go see about letting B go. We ran into her when we were helping out the Mutilus siblings."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2022, 12:28 am

"What Steve said. Don't worry about it."

Mihai puts some of the breakfast aside on a plate, then gets up. - "Well, i should go before Amber starves. See you in a bit."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 12 Aug 2022, 12:34 am

The door to the galley swings inward and a Red Mage walks in. Samantha takes in the sight, and smiles at the little girl. The charity magnate seems familiar. The memory of the rest of the night withers her mood. For now, she ignores him and plays her role. She leaves the door open, and Femke walks in behind her.

"Morning, everyone." She follows her nose to the bacon and eggs and gets a plate. "That smells really good." She sits down with some decent portions, and attacks the bacon first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 3: The Ball - Departure   Act 3: The Ball - Departure - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 3: The Ball - Departure
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next