A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1st Interlude: Shadowstep

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 1:47 am

"But it blocks their vill instead? Very useful, ja? Give one to everyone, no problem right?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 1:49 am

This idea seems to discourage Jacob.

"It took me years to learn how to make an orb," he says before looking at his siblings. "And I'm the only one who managed to."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 1:56 am

"Still, you learned their plan, and chose to escape." Samantha smiles warmly. "I'm glad you did, and I'm glad we were there for you."

She thinks about asking if the human wanted to do this, but decides it doesn't really matter. "It's something, at least. With you, we have a chance to stop them from taking over the minds of every man, woman, and child on the islands, if you want to help."

Without resorting to locking them up, or worse, kill orders. She shudders at the idea.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 2:00 am

Samantha's response is encouraging to him, but Jacob still appears uncertain about this.

"But I don't know how..."

"We'll have to report to our superiors first," the colonel says. His tone sounds almost soft. "And first make sure they're not green mages. We cannot tell anyone about this."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 2:03 am

"One last thing. Was it a happy coincidence that Phil just wanted this squad dead, or does every Elemental want to enslave Humanity? Is this why they give people Aspects?"

Nick is tense, but Smirk is bordering on existential terror.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 2:05 am

Jacob slowly nods.

"I think so."

Marcus and Anne lower their heads and try to process this piece of information.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 2:08 am

"I think that's enough, guys." She says this more to the green mage and his aspect. "Colonel, what do we tell the others?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Mar 2018, 2:10 am

An unsettled May goes to drink but decides she doesn't want to. She just waits and tries to process it all.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 7:45 pm

"Nothing," the colonel says. "We'll let Captain Hoelder handle his crew and... keep our mouths shut I guess."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 9:14 pm

I'd rather have a story, but I guess this is how things work in ISA anyway. "Keep sh'tum, got it. I can be present when we report up the chain, sir, to make sure we aren't divulging what we know to any, uh, 'puppets'."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 9:23 pm

Nick is frowning heavily, trying to figure something out. Smirk can't help but think aloud.

"Just how did they get people to go along with fusing with with one of their own? How did they even get them to--" - Smirk chokes on his own words, and Nick's eyes suddenly go wide as something crosses their mind. They exchange a horrified glance, then stare at Jacob in shock.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:20 pm

Riddle faces Samantha and says, "Good. Make sure none of them approach these little guys."

"I'm not sure," Jacob replies somberly to Nick and Smirk. "They never talked about the, uh... the human who we were born from."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:23 pm

"Vat do you mean, Nick?" asks May, her concern very evident in her expression and tone.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:28 pm

Nicks sighs heavily. Smirk speaks up somberly - "What type of person would just do whatever an Elemental wanted, like a puppet on string?" - then adds bitterly - "Or rather, their stolen body." - he looks away grits his teeth - "Fuckers must have been laughing their asses off every time they made another one like me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:29 pm

Sam nods to the colonel.

"They might not have been willing, May. Or they might have been deceived. I don't think we can reverse it, and even if we could, the choice wouldn't be up to us, would it? We need to report this to someone we can trust, and decide what to do from there. We could very well be going to war."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:31 pm

"May really glad we punch hill into mud now."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 10:33 pm

Smirk looks at Jacob again - "What about the Elemental that Fused? Willing to throw it's life away for the cause? No sacrifice too great, something like that?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:00 pm

"I don't know really understand how they think," Jacob says. "But we were supposed to inherit the Elemental's will. The fact that we didn't... I don't think they expected that."

Riddle raises a hand.

"I think that's enough for today," he tells everyone. "Jacob... You go take care of your family. The rest of us will take turns to guard your room until we reach Medial."

"Colonel," Anne interjects. "I should stay with them."

The middle-aged man briefly considers the idea before acquiescing to it.

"Keep me informed. Jacob, if you need anything, you only need to ask."

"Thank you," the fairy says. His whole body relaxes, and after a moment of silence, he faces the rest of the group. "Everyone, thank you. For everything."

Anne gives him a reassuring smile.

"Of course."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:03 pm

"Es ist alles gut, Libellenmann." May waves off the sentiment and takes a drink so no one will see how pleased she really is. No telling if anyone is really fooled though.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:07 pm

Nick remains lost in bitter thought for a moment, then finally picks up his nerve and Smirk asks somberly - "What are my orders, Colonel?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:12 pm

Samantha smiles at the little human, and waits for the colonel's reply with a hopeful look in her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:25 pm

"Walters, you guard the door to this room. Smirk, go on deck and look out for any pursuers. May and Nick, try to rest a little. You'll take watch in six hours. I have to talk to Captain Hoelder. Any questions?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:27 pm

"Nein. May has no questions."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:28 pm

Nick keeps staring at some low spot on the wall. Smirk remains silent for a moment, then just nods.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 25 Mar 2018, 11:32 pm

"None, sir."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Interlude: Shadowstep   1st Interlude: Shadowstep - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Interlude: Shadowstep
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6