A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 12:58 am

Kolson wrote:
"What would the cost be for this kind of help, Snicker?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 12:58 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Oh, now we're talking!" exclaims Snicker, keen to get on to business. "Well, since it's the first time I would do this kind of deal, let's say..."

Konrad's facial expression changes.

"...six hours in someone's body," announces a disembodied voice. "Of course, if you feel uncomfortable, we can discuss the terms."

The fairy floats towards the red mage.

"Konrad, are you okay?" asks Breeze with a worried tone.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 12:59 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad takes a moment to breathe. Man, feels different when someone else is doing it for you.

"I'm just peachy, Blue. It's me, I'm back." He looks over at Conan. "Kid, listen. It's not like that."

Persuasion
Pathetic attempt to convince him he shouldn't be afraid of staying with us.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 12:59 am

Zeiss wrote:
Conan raises an eyebrow, unconvinced.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Of course.

Konrad moves toward the door. "If you want to tell the master, consider yourselves on a timer."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler puts a hand on Konrad's arm. She appears troubled.

"Where are you going?" she asks.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:00 am

Rory wrote:
"North wing. There's been something I've been meaning to do, that I should have done 12 hours ago." He walks out.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:00 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Follow him," orders Zelk to Adam.

The stern man nods, and proceeds to follow Konrad, who has just stepped into the wall and sees that the door leading to the dinner area is still closed. Two monks are standing in front of it.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:01 am

Kolson wrote:
"It appears we are out of time. If I were to accept your offer, Snicker, the time when you called in the chit would be by mutual agreement and no more than two hours in a row. We can discuss what it is you want to do for that length of time later but it's something we both have to agree on and it will never involve doing harm to anything or anyone. If you and Zelk agree that these provisions in exchange for what you offered are a good deal, then we have an accord."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:01 am

K wrote:
Mihai gives Zelk a hard glance and leaves the room - "I'm gonna go see the Master."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:02 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad whispers to Adam, "Hope you have my back."

He pulls out a lantern, lights it with his flint and steel, and walks up to the monks. "Master Avalon sent me. He's allowing us to take shift in the north wing."

Deception+Diplomacy
Lying super hard. Adam is helping.

ooc:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:02 am

Zeiss wrote:
A flash of concern appears on Zelk's face as she hears Steve's counteroffer. She grabs his arm, and immediately reprimands him. "What are you doing!? You think I'm going to agree to this?"

"These terms are acceptable," responds Snicker. "But I need permission of the person I will borrow the body from."

"Shut up," retorts the lieutenant through her teeth. "Steve, you nitwit; don't do it."

Breeze, Fredrick and Naomi are left puzzled at this turn of events, while Conan is attentive to this whole situation.

Fedler follows Mihai out in the hallway, just in time to see the red mage's attempt to deceive the two monks.

He pulls out a lantern, lights it with his flint and steel, and walks up to the monks. "Master Avalon sent me. He's allowing us to take shift in the north wing."

The monks take a fighting stance. The one on the left says with a mellow tone, "No."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:03 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad's eyes grow dark. The light from the lamp casts haunting shadows across his face. "You Stoic stillborn-minded fools will listen to me and do as I say if you know what's good for you: you will move out of my fucking way and let me pass, and after you do, you will remain standing here like the stupid stone-faced grunts that you are if you don't want me to pancake you until you as flat as the cards you build this paper-mache house out of."

Intimidation
Exactly what it says on the tin.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:03 am

K wrote:
Mihai puts one arm in front of Fedler and nudges her back. - "Stay out of this."

He moves back a step, and close to the wall, so the Monks do not perceive them as a threat.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:04 am

Kolson wrote:
"I'm not a nitwit, Zelk. It would be a massive tactical advantage with very little cost to anyone else. I've already extracted promises from Snicker to do no harm and we need the help. But please, tell me why I shouldn't."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:04 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Because you can't just trust an entity like that," replies Zelk, more agitated. She tightens her grasp on Steve's arm. "It just told us it never did that kind of deal before; there may be unknown side effects."

"Oh, I can assure you there won't be any," adds Snicker.

"I said shut up!" interrupts Zelk. "Look Steve, just... just don't do it. You've pulled pranks on the whole Citadel. You don't even need that kind of help to get the job done. And this time, you have me. So let's just come up with a plan that doesn't involve someone that calls itself Snicker."

The monks do not look as confident anymore, but they stand their ground. The people in the hallways can hear some sort of commotion coming from the room, but the upcoming confrontation takes priority.

Fedler doesn't hesitate for a second; she moves Mihai's hand out of the way, walks up right in front of Konrad, and slaps him in the face.

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" she almost yells. "It's not just you anymore. We're a team, and we make decisions together. So get back in that room before I kick your fucking ass."

Adam, and the monks, are stunned. The door leading to the dinner area slides open to reveal Master Avalon, who is walking up to stand between his two disciples. He observes the scene in silence.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:05 am

Kolson wrote:
Steve looks into her eyes and says nothing for a few seconds. He slowly takes her hand in his. "Zelk, if anything happened to you or our friends and I could have changed that by taking this deal...I'd be done. I'd never come back from it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:06 am

Zeiss wrote:
Zelk doesn't shy away from holding Steve's hand, despite the presence of other people in the room. She sighs with relief, and a smile makes its way to her face. A genuine one.

"It won't happen," she reassures him. "We've got this."

The group suddenly hears Fedler's voice coming from the hallway.

OOC:

Mihai only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:06 am

Kolson wrote:
That smile. It takes his breath away every time. In that moment, between the smile and the disturbance outside, Steve realizes that he would do anything to make her smile that way again. He nods to her and says, "Yeah, we d-."

He looks towards the door in confusion. "The hell?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:07 am

Rory wrote:
The slap sends stunned silence ringing for a few seconds, during which Konrad glares back at Fedler, his hand balled up and trembling, ready to strike back. The group can hang. Kira is not getting away.

He recovers when Avalon joins the scene, and greets him, cheeks still burning, "Ah, there he is now. My friend would like to have a word with you." He gestures toward Mihai.

Intimidation vs Fedler
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:07 am

K wrote:
Rory wrote:
Konrad glares back at Fedler, his hand balled up and trembling, ready to strike back.

Which is immediately interrupted by Mihai standing between the two, coldly glaring back at Konrad. - "I promise i won't slap." - he mutters menacingly.

Zeiss:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:08 am

Zeiss wrote:
Master Avalon keeps looking at the group in the silence, while Fedler crosses her arms and stares back at Konrad without flinching.

Zelk, Naomi, Fredrick and Breeze enter the hallway, drawn by the commotion.

"What the hell is happening here?" asks the lieutenant.

"He is trying to force his way through the monks," replies Adam, as he points to Konrad.

Zelk sighs in exasperation. "Konrad, get back in the room. She's not getting off this island without a boat."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:08 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad breathes in, and exhales, and regains his composure, looking back through that veneer of calm that he built as a labor of love. "You're right. I'm sorry, I don't understand what came over me. It's just that I've been looking forward to a proper reunion for many years. I need to go and rest for a minute."

Deception vs monks
I'm pretending that this reunion does not involve any sort of violent confrontation.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:09 am

K wrote:
Mihai doesn't budge from his spot, but does turn to Avalon.

"Master, we have a situation you should be apprised of. May we talk?"

Diplomacy
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon 05 Aug 2019, 1:09 am

Zeiss wrote:
To Konrad's explanation, an expression of understanding appears on Master Avalon's face.

"Oh, I see. Leon, Valor, please stand down," he tells to his two disciples, who immediately obey him. "I apologize if we've made you think you were our prisoners. We simply wish to keep contact between your two groups to a minimum, as we suspect it might lead to a violent encounter. However, if you wish to talk to one person in particular, we can relay a message to them, and set up a place for you to meet. However, if this takes place within the monastery, it will be done under our supervision."

To Mihai, he nods with understanding.

"Of course." He looks at the rest of the group. "Only you, or is anyone else coming?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 14 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next