A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:12 pm

Disguises

STEVE (REPEATED)
Spoiler:

MIHAI
Spoiler:

KONRAD
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:16 pm

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

Breeze stays for a whole hour at the toy store to find something new to wear, but the only piece of clothing that she likes is a blue cloak which is a shade darker than her hair.

She shouts with joy, "I look like a super hero!", while zooming around the store.

The owner, an old woman nearing her seventies, was thrilled to finally meet that fairy she heard so much about; once it was clear that Breeze wanted new clothes, the owner proposed that she sews outfits expressly designed for the fairy. Breeze, who was ecstatic, immediately agreed. She bought the cloak, and arranged to come pick up the rest of her new clothes once she's back from her trip .

Once the whole party reconvenes at pier seven of the docks, they finally see the ship they are going to travel on, and a frantic crew who is finishing the last minute preparations.

Ship:

Fedler, who has now changed her clothes for a new outfit, looks like this.

Fedler 2.0:

She gestures to the rest of the party to get closer so nobody but them hear what she has to say.

"During this trip, call me Red. I figured that's enough."

Breeze is amazed by the simplicity of the name, and her mouth takes the shape of an "o". "In that case, you guys call me Blue! That's perfect!"

She lands on Fedler's shoulder, leans on the hunter's ear with her hand, like she would with a wall, and happily announces, "We're Red and Blue! The most feared duo in all the western sea!"

A slight smile appears on Fedler's face. "Sure. That's us."

There's 15 minutes left before the ship departs, and none of you can see Zelk.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:40 pm

While they talk in private, Konrad decides to change his false name to something else, as you will see in the spoiler below.
Rory wrote:
name change:

[*tosses the gold pieces across the gaming table* That'll do me fine, a paltry sum really.]

Forgot to roll Diplomacy vs Zelk for meeting her for the first time to go towards disposition. We're gonna say I rolled that with my little q-snap-plus-finger-pointing gesture. Result, please?

Konrad twirls about and flourishes in his new longcoat, marveling at the look and feel of the fashion he once sported many moons ago. He can't help but pull out his sword at the mirror in the shop and shout, in a manner very much unlike he used to speak, "Avast, ye scuttle-hounds!" giving the store owner and customers a bit of a jump. He chuckles innocently and puts his weapon away and flourishes with a bit of jazz hands at them to show them that he's enjoying his new look.

Roll Diplomacy for the above interaction.

Later, taking in the sight of the ship, he momentarily loses himself. It's the first time in at least half a year or more that he's seen a decent ship meant for the high seas. Love me some cannons. Seen bigger though, with way more cannons than that. And no figurehead? I suppose it's just as well. We've no need of a ship to wage naval combat, and these folks do have a budget to keep.

He sighs with some slight disappointment. "Wouldn't bother to loan the prettiest ship to the peons, myself. I understand."

"Ahum..." Red, Blue, Stan, Davine, and me, Akim. He whispers each name as he looks between each of the people present, who may hear him muttering the names. He snaps his fingers. Got 'em. "I think I will dispense with the weight of this accent, it's really too much sometimes, even for me."

"Well then, shall we? I'm looking forward to becoming acquainted with our burgeoning womanizer's ravishing fiance." Without further ado, "Akim" strides up the plank and onto the ship to get a better look at her, and wander about in search of their Free Feathers military officer. No doubt she may have heard of me, I dare say. A bit too much to hope for genial formalities and a diplomatic attitude from her, given my past misdeeds, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:40 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Konrad:

Except the nod that she gave him when he revealed his alias, Konrad has no idea what Zelk's impressions of him are.

The owner of the shop, as well as the customers, do jump a little at Konrad's whoop, and anxiety spreads across their faces when they see the red mage draw his sword, but they quickly calm after they understand what he is doing, and most of them ignore him; although one of the male customers does smile at this unusual sight.

Back at the docks, when Konrad steps onto the ship, a middle-aged man with a huge black beard standing near the wheel suddenly shouts, "Attention on deck! Captain on board!"

The whole crew systematically stops moving, turns towards Konrad, and salute him. They won't move until given the order to continue with the preparations.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
'Stan' will follow 'Akim' up the boarding plank but will absolutely be floored by this turn of events. Captain Konrad? But as it sinks in a huge grin will slowly overtake his look of surprise. "Why is everything always so wonderful?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:41 pm

K wrote:
DLL watches as Akim is crowned captain. He wonders if he'll have to go scrub the deck if so ordered, and whether the crew would make him walk the plank if he refused.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:41 pm

Rory wrote:
[I'm borrowing a line from Pirates of the Caribbean cuz I'm a little blank, don't hate me.]

The poor lad just landed 800G in debt, and this fleeting feeling is all that stands between him and the return to that sinking realization - and perhaps a the idea of a rendezvous with his not-fiance. So Konrad chooses not quip about it.

"It gets better. Come this way, an' don't be afraid to chime in. Yar me first mate, after all!"

He doesn't actually know if Stan is his first mate. Akim gives a wink to the bosun, and walks toward the semi-circle of men, standing between them. "Give me yar names when I point to you."

After they've each given their names, he'll speak at them, "Do ya have the courage an' fortitude to follow orders an' stay true to course an' crew in the face of danger an' almost certain death?"

The answer he expects from them may perhaps be just for show, or the definite truth, as each man takes it.

Diplomacy
Convince the unwilling or meek to bother answering and humoring him, with an assist from Kolson if he adds something like "Well lads?" or "What say you?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:42 pm

Kolson wrote:
First mate? Sure, why not?! Man, Stan is a great sailor. He hasn't sailed a day in his life and here is he is first mate of a fighting ship. This is the best day of his life. Following along behind Akim trying not to look too much like a tourist he decides to help out his captain. "Yeah! Courage and death apparently!"

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:43 pm

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

Red is bewildered by this unexpected turn of events. Blue suddenly pops up from behind Akim's shoulder, raises her right fist in the air, and shouts, "Courage and death!"

The crew is taken by surprise by the fairy's sudden apparition, but their rigorous training kicks in, and they clamor, "Courage and death!" repeatedly, until their captain gestures them to stop. Once they're told to resume their previous task, the man near the wheel comes down on the deck, and approaches the party.

"Captain. I'm Edward, the quartermaster of this crew. I have been told you were to be assigned as our captain for the length of your mission. We have a cabin ready for you, as well as for your comrades. If you have any question about this crew or this ship, I am at your disposal."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:45 pm

Rory wrote:
Akim smirks at Blue and raises his hand to quiet the men. "Wonderful, now get back to it ya lazy sods."

He drops the act and greets the quartermaster with a handshake. "Brief me on the ship's combat readiness and design, Edward. And I presume the crew are all Free Feathers Military. Are they familiar with seafaring life?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:46 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"We are technically a freelance group, captain, but we've been on the Coins' payroll for the last five years. Whoever they work for at the time, we also work for them. This crew is one of the best you can find, but as for the ship, we haven't had the chance to sail on it yet. It is a frigate with 32 cannons which is built for speed, so there is no need to worry about its combat capabilities. Also, from what I've been told, this frigate has recently fallen into the Coins' possession, and as its first captain, it is your honor to name it. I would suggest that you think hard about it, and come up with an answer before we reach our destination."

He looks at the rest of the party.

"If I may, I would consider the opinion of your comrades in this matter. It is bad luck to name a ship without the blessing of all of its crew."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:46 pm

Kolson wrote:
"How about 'Love's Trick?'"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Spoiler:

"As its first captain"? obviously Akim is not the captain proper, only on this mission. He almost jumps at the thought that he might be the new owner of the ship. Of course not - he'll have to fight hard to be considered for that, just like everything else. He may be part of the 113th Adjunct of the Coins, but these men aren't loyal to him, not really. I need a loyal group of gentlemen willing to follow my orders first, not the Coins. These ones shall do until I gather said group of men, or until the Coins send them elsewhere. But for now the ship is his to captain under his direction. Another temporary fantasy, just like his new clothes.

Captain "Akim", Captain Konrad...

"Crew's blessing?" Bah. My blessing is the only one I need. But he carefully considers the party's ideas for a name before the crews', while proffering his own.

"Very good, Edward, thank you. I don't look forward to the chance we'll have to use our cannons, let alone board enemy vessels, at least on this mission. Now, before I wrack my brain for some good names, can you tell me what the Free Feathers officer Zelk is up to at this time?"

Ship names:

specifics about the crew:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:47 pm

Zeiss wrote:
OOC:

"I don't know of any military officer named Zelk," replies the quartermaster, strongly suggesting he doesn't want to know any details about which side they are working for right now. "The only other people we've let aboard this ship are a woman who goes by the name Ice, and her three associates. They're in their cabin, starboard side. I understand they're acting as your bodyguards."

The idea that "Akim" is now captain of the ship, even if it is for a limited time, finally appears to have sunk in for Red. "We're in for a ride."

Meanwhile, Blue is flying around the ship to examine every nooks and crannies she can find, often asking questions to bewildered sailors who can't quite believe there's a fairy right in front of them, but refrain from asking questions of their own since the party acts like it's normal.

Specifics about the crew:

Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:48 pm

K wrote:
OOC: Seeing as everyone seems to be getting short names, DLL will dispense with being the odd one out and just go by his first initial. D.

D suddenly likes navigators a lot less, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:48 pm

Zeiss wrote:
During this conversation, Zelk comes out on the deck, wearing simple mage robes without any armband or accessories that ties her to the military. She approaches the party, and says, "Welcome on board, captain. Shall we depart?"

This is the first time she has spoken since you've met her at Sonlake's office.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm

Rory wrote:
Akim just smiles mischievously at Red. "And what a wild ride it will be. You're in my world now, luv. Drink it in, I dare say it will be quite refreshing for the likes of you. Or, perhaps you'll need time to adjust." He says this with a playfully derisive attitude. Like a privateer would speak to a landlubber.

"Three associates", eh? Military sent more than just one person to watch me. Sent some people to deal with me or take the situation in hand - if either get out of hand. I suppose I can't blame them for that.

In response to Ice
"Aye, time to let loose." I was just about to go looking for you. "Cast off, men! Loose and catch the wind!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:49 pm

K wrote:
So, D, leaning against one of the masts (because no way he's gonna expose his back to a whole port full of people he doesn't know by leaning against a railing), instinctively fixes his attention on Zelk, observing how she talks, moves and acts.

It crosses his mind that he must look now not so different from Lavoie, with the way she almost viciously locked on him when they first met.

Great, why did i have to start thinking about that bitch.

He will look away, from time to time, to avoid looking conspicuous.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:51 pm

Rory wrote:
Akim says to Ice, "Might as well settled in. Ice, would you like to join me and Stan for a self-guided tour of the ship below deck?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:54 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"You heard the man!" shouts Edward.

The experienced crew works together to cast off the mooring lines, and deploy the sails, all under the quartermaster's supervision who barks specific orders to the sailors.

Ice replies to Akim with a sharp tone, "Of course captain."

She catches from the corner of her eye D's gaze on her, but doesn't seem to mind it. She follows the captain down below deck, along with Red who silently joins them, and Blue who doesn't want to be separated from her group.

"That's my second time on a ship, but it's so much cooler now that I'm not in a cage!"says the elated fairy.

Ice will drop the facade when the group is out of view from the rest of the crew.

"I believe you should meet the other members from my squad. Follow me."

She walks towards the hold, where are stocked plenty of merchandises that are probably going to be sold at Zest's Gate port. Standing near the numerous crates are two men and one woman, who seem to have been waiting for you.

"I trust that you will be able to call them by their nickname when it matters," states Zelk. "So let me introduce them. This is Adam Frey, but you'll call him Eins. He tends to take all the hits for us."

She gestures to a man who must be in his late-thirties, whose hair are kept very short, and who wears a chaimail armor. He nods at you without uttering a single word.

"This one is called Naomi Weir," continues Zelk, who motions to the other woman from the squad. "You'll call her Zwei."

Naomi is much younger than her colleague Adam, and is also the smallest person in here; except Breeze, of course. Just like Adam, she wears a chainmail armor, and is instinctively taking a posture that allows her to take a combat stance without losing any time. She observes each member of your group, then takes time to focus on the fairy.

"Pleased to meet you," she says. "Guess it's true what we heard about you."

Zelk gestures at Naomi to wait until she's finished introducing all of them before engaging in a conversation.

"The one with the smile is Fredrick Sandfall," concludes the squad leader, who is pointing to the only of the three who is wearing a leather armor. "Call him Drei."

"It is an honor to meet such esteemed heroes!" says Fredrick while playfully bowing to the party. He glances back and forth between Fedler and Breeze. "When they sent me on this mission, I didn't think I'd be lucky enough to meet young ladies as charming as you two."

The fairy is overjoyed by this compliment. "That's because of my cloak! You should buy one yourself!"

As for Fedler, she is just too shy to respond. Fredrick is considerate enough to ask instead, "So, who are you, and how should we call you? I hope you have better codenames than ours. Using the Harmonie numbers from one to three while our dear commanding officer gets 'Ice' seems hardly fair."

Zelk ignores to remark.

OOC:

Mihai:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:55 pm

Rory wrote:
"I'm Konrad, going as 'Akim'. It's a Myrzen name, and I happen to be as well. Those two," he says, waving a hand at the women, "are Fedler and Breeze. Their nicknames are more apt - Red and Blue, not hard to forget. First Mate here is Steve, call him Stan if you please. And the dark an' broody type is Mihai. Call him 'D'(Dee?), for 'Dark and broody'."

With that chainmail, it looks like they're prepared for a straight-up fight with our target. "I take it we're going over the specifics of our job now, the plan yes?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:56 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"There's no plan," reveals Zelk. "We find our contact in Zest's Gate, and he will tell us more about this exchange. That's the only lead we have."

"Gotta love those guys from Intelligence," says Fredrick with a smirk. "Always on top of everything."

"And we're the ones sent to fix the problem," adds Naomi. She looks at the members of the party. "How good are you in a fight? The three of us usually fight up-close, while Lieutenant Zelk uses her magic from behind."

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:56 pm

Rory wrote:
"I like to switch it up - fire up the encounter, rush in for the big finish. We like to avoid getting too much heat, except for Dee."

Diplomacy
One for Disposition vs Eins Zwei and Drei.
Diplomacy
Hitting on Zwei.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Massive explosions, a fairy's delight,
the domain of the mages is how I fight.
With ice and rhyme and poetry fair,
all written for Zelk, yes the one standing there.

Red, Blue, Stan, D, and Captain Akim.
Ein, Zwei, Drei, Ice; none as they seem.
So what fate awaits us in this dangerous sequence?
Only one woman knows, that keeper of secrets.
"

He'll give a light bow to Zelk, not quite sarcastic, followed by a cheeky grin.

Ship Name:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 03 Aug 2019, 8:57 pm

K wrote:
D stays quiet for a second, looks between them, then taps the handle of Waterglass.

"Sword."

this thing:

ship name:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next