A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 6:58 pm

K wrote:
Mihai picks up on that and chuckles.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 6:58 pm

Kolson wrote:
Steve goes beat red. "I-uh-yeah."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:00 pm

K wrote:
Mihai coughs something. *cough* "kneecaps" *cough*
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:00 pm

Rory wrote:
He reads his favorite line in Steve's incomplete poem before fluttering it back down to the hard surface he'd been using to write. "Perhaps aspiring poets?"

"In any case, I hope we get to meet her again. To try to better understand where she gets her good looks from." He doesn't seem to think she's a god. Right, smarter than he looks.

"Oh, since all of our adjunct is together, I've got something to get off my chest. Remember when I kept secrets? That wasn't very trusting of me, or very smart."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:01 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler peers at the red mage, definitely curious about where this is going. "What is it Konrad? It's nothing bad, right?"

Breeze is also looking at him, a finger on her lips, and with big wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:01 pm

Rory wrote:
He smiles apologetically. "Good news, and bad news. Remember I said a voice in my head told me a funny joke?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:02 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler initially doesn't understand what he means, but it doesn't take long for her to remember when she and Naomi were in this very room, and heard Konrad say that. Then, it suddenly dawns on her, and she facepalms. "Oh no..."

"What?" asks Breeze, suddenly worried. "What's happening?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:02 pm

Rory wrote:
"Oh, yes!" Konrad can't resist responding with the yin to her yang. "And I don't regret it one bit."

"I needed to get a message out to Kira. I wanted her to actually recognize me when she saw me, to know she was about to literally walk through fire into the white-hot death of hell - where she is and most certainly belongs - and to know she had it coming. So I made a deal with our silent partner, and I haven't paid my price yet."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:03 pm

K wrote:
"How much?" - Mihai asks deadpan, but dead serious.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:03 pm

Rory wrote:
[Pre-approved with K in chat]

"It was a lot."

Mihai's tone becomes much sharper. "How much?"

Konrad drops his casual attitude. "2 hours. and 10 gold pieces."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler facepalms again. The fairy immediately asks, "You okay Konrad? You're not going to turn into a meanie, right?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:04 pm

K wrote:
"Any terms? Or can he just come by whenever and take you over while you're running the ship? And, why the money?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:04 pm

Rory wrote:
"Oh, Blue, I'm all right, I promise. Thank you though, I appreciate your concern."

"But we should be concerned, maybe. He explained that as part of the deal, it won't happen until we return to the Free Feathers. I thought of a...'reason' for the gold pieces, and he seemed to confirm it by laughing. However, we did not explicitly discuss what he would be doing for two hours."

"I just figured he wanted the experience, and you can do a lot with two hours," he explains matter-of-fact. "I mean, I wasn't wrong to assume, was I?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:05 pm

K wrote:
[Approved by Rory in chat]

"Reason?"

Konrad gives Mihai a confused look, and answers, "Well, I trust you are aware of the 'oldest profession'?"

Mihai slightly scoffs at the notion - "I don't know if you know, but he can impersonate you so perfectly, none of us would know if he decided to be sneaky about it. Breeze may be able to, if she really looks for it, but no one else would be the wiser. I was going to suggest her and one of us stick with you at all times till you're squared, to watch over you, but that's one place the rest of us can't follow you into. Maybe stick an ear to the door, at the most, if one could live with the trauma."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:05 pm

Kolson wrote:
Steve is too flustered to add anything to the conversation. He's just happy they've moved on from Deromonda and Faith.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:23 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"When we're back home, I'm not leaving Konrad a minute alone!" declares Breeze with a serious face. "I'll follow him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! Meanie Snicker will never be able to pretend he's our Konrad!"

She then glues herself on the red mage's neck by wrapping her arms and legs around it.

"Don't worry Wildfire, I got you!"

Fedler looks back and forth between Konrad and Breeze.

"It seems you've got yourself a new bodyguard," she announces.

"Damn right!" replies the fairy.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:24 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad frowns at the idea that Snicker can fool people into believing he's actually Konrad. He grins at the callback to their antics when the gang first met. And frowns again, mentally converging from the humor tangent. "Mm, no, he cannot. And I resent that."

He just laughs when she full-body-hugs his throat.

"Hey, let me talk, Blueshot! Still, I wouldn't trust anyone aside from Zelk, Naomi, and the people in this room, to know the difference. But since Breeze can tell no matter what - how? - then, I have no choice but to let her to follow me around during every waking hour and watch me sleep, once we have returned," he winks.

"He'll only be 'me' for 2 hours, so whatever he wants, it wouldn't be practical for him to leave whatever town or city we find ourselves in when he's in control."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:24 pm

Zeiss wrote:
"Oh, I can feel your thoughts," explains Breeze, still glued to his throat. "I think I already told you guys."

"So if Snicker gets in, you would know?" asks Fedler.

"Yep! I think I would notice!" clarifies the fairy.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:25 pm

K wrote:
Konrad wrote:
"Mm, no, he cannot. And I resent that."

"Resent it all you want; he assured me in no uncertain terms. And we've seen it before." - Mihai adds evenly - "But even he agreed Breeze might be able to tell, so you want to keep her close."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:25 pm

Rory wrote:
Konrad returns the fairy's affection with a hand around his own throat, and then picks her off. "Thank you, Breeze."

K wrote:
"Resent it all you want; he assured me in no uncertain terms. And we've seen it before." - Mihai adds evenly - "But even he agreed Breeze might be able to tell, so you want to keep her close."

"Mmhmm. Anyway, I didn't have the opportunity to tell you in all the commotion, especially not in front of the others who probably never heard him. It was also...personal. But you're all painfully aware of that now, yes? No sense in holding back. I knew I had to tell you after he turned on us like that."

"We good? Wonderful. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and practice."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
".........."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:26 pm

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler has crossed her arms, and watches Konrad leave the room. She doesn't say anything. As for Breeze, she's flying in the air, looking at the red mage with worry.

"I'm definitely sticking with him when we're back in the Free Feathers," states the fairy.

"Thank you Breeze," replies Fedler. "You do that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue 06 Aug 2019, 7:26 pm

K wrote:
"Might be a while." - he tells Breeze - "We don't know when or where he'll come to collect."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Konrad goes to practice his weaving abilities alone, Steve keeps writing his poem under Breeze's supervision, and Mihai is hanging out with Fedler. Around noon, Adam comes to tell them that the Barracuda has arrived.

Edward, the quartermaster of the Barracuda, has arrived on the pier with a boat he has been rowing by himself. Once he sees that all the party members are there, alive and well, he cannot help but grin a little.

"After what happened during that storm, I have to admit I wasn't sure we would ever meet again," he remarks. Then he looks at Konrad and salutes him.

"Captain. The Barracuda has taken little damage during the last battle. She is ready to take you home."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad shakes Edward's hand, appearing enervated in present company. "Same to you, Edward. Pray tell, how did you escape the danger?"

OOC: Naomi is here, and he's got that to look forward to for the entire voyage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 27 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28  Next