A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Empty
PostSubject: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 12:39 am

1:27 AM, 14th of April, 422
The port of Villevieille

The Vulcan moors safely at pier number four, just like the Lofellian officer ordered them to. Because of the sudden inspection of their ship, no one has been able to sleep.

Amber is chatting with Pawel on the forecastle deck while Fluffle remains close by, learning how to ride the proud carbuncle under the delighted gaze of the other fairies around him. Femke and Filarion are both leaning against the ship's railing, seemingly to observe—or maybe admire—the numerous glints of light shining across the city. Kaja is having another argument with Théo about who the best drinker between them is, and the Myrzen warriors are exchanging tales with the fairies who aren't working at the moment.

Despite the civil war, they all seem relieved to be back on land.

However, several of them notice the mysterious figure standing on the pier, just out of reach of the lanterns hanging across the ship. Whoever that person is, they're wearing a dark cloak that hides their face.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 12:44 am

Mihai walks up to the bow, while Théo comes up on deck. Or rather, another Théo - somewhat of a knockoff, by the look of it. His armor looks rushed and unpolished, like someone weaved it from scratch over the course of no more than a couple days. Whoever he is, he is covered from head to toe.

"Right, all ready to go."

".........."

Mihai squints as he tries to recognize the figure standing on the dock.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 12:52 am

"What the ever loving fuck are you doing?" comes a voice from behind the armored figure. It's Théo of course, looking none too pleased with his new doppelgänger.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 12:53 am

Meanwhile, the fairies still on duty put the gangplank down while the mysterious figure watches them.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 12:58 am

Smirk turns around and shrugs - "I went through a bunch of ideas before i landed on this one. Hat, bandages, paper bag over my head. Only thing that didn't do more harm than good was full plate, and you're the only reference i had. So uh... sorry but i figured it was better than having a big sign on my face, saying Look, Enemy! I'm your enemy!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 1:01 am

Konrad is making his way toward the Tyke and the elf, when he notices the figure standing by their ship. Waiting for them? Watching? Twice he glances in the direction of Theo and Theo's suit of armor.

Telepathy
Hey, who's that wearing full plate on deck next to Theo?

He decides to be a neighbor and say hello, descending from the gangplank toward the hooded shadow.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 1:10 am

"All you had to do was ask and I would have helped you out," He glances back at the aftercastle in horror, saying, "Couldn't you have at least scrounged up a cloak? If Kaja sees your getup I'll never hear the end of it."

He tries to use his bulk to interpose himself between Smirk and the Bear in the hopes she won't see.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 1:12 am

"Uh, i'll get one in town if it's that bad for you."

Meanwhile, Mihai walks down the plank.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:13 pm

Unfortunately for Théo, he knows he's only delaying the inevitable. Already, Amber and Pawel—as well as a bunch of fairies—have noticed him, and it won't be long before Kaja does too. He can feel it in his bones.

In the meantime, Konrad and Mihai disembark from the ship to meet with the mysterious stranger, but just as they're about to greet them, that person walks past them and up the gangplank. In this darkness, with their hood on, it's impossible to see their face. Kaja and a few of her men have noticed the incident and are now reaching for their weapons, prepared to strike at the trespasser at a moment's notice.

The figure then spots Steve among the fairies—he's teaching them about butterfly migration—and before he even gets a chance to react, he's tackled to the ground by this stranger.

A stranger who seems to possess a most generous bosom.

This person holds him in an embrace that feels all too familiar to him, and now he has to decide how he's going to respond to that. Hug back? Tease her? The possibilities are endless.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:19 pm

Steve gets over his initial shock quickly, laughing and crying at the same time as he hugs Zelk back.

"You came," he whispers in her ear, happiness and relief evident in his voice.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:25 pm

Konrad is in the middle of a greeting as the stranger walks past him. After the tackle, he is in the middle of drawing his sword when Steve starts laughing. The surprise stalls him, until he calls out, "Hey, who goes... there?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:39 pm

The rest of the crew share Konrad's confusion regarding this mysterious stranger, although the fairies are more curious than concerned about the situation. The warriors step a little closer, just in case this person proves to be an enemy, and Amber climbs down the forecastle deck to get a better look at the whole scene.

In response to Steve's remark, Zelk nods her head and stifles down a sob as she squeezes him tighter, unable to speak.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:43 pm

Mihai walks back up the gangplank, raises his arm - "It's alright, Kaja. She's a friend She sure looks friendly."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:45 pm

"Excuse me." Konrad walks closer to the two people sprawled on the deck, hugging and crying.

Telepathy
Hello, what's going on? Is this a prank?
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 10:59 pm

No, it's a Zelk.

"I wrote you as often as I could. Did you get my letters?" he whispers in her ear.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 11:07 pm

Zelk nods weakly one more time. "Yeah," she whispers back. "Bloody idiot."

Meanwhile, Kaja and her men stand down once they're told that the stranger is actually one of the adventurers' friends, and Amber gasps once she realizes who it is.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 11:19 pm

"Your bloody idiot. And I love you too," he whispers one more time.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 11:28 pm

"We'll give them a minute, then i think i'll hit up V's first." - he telepates to Amber.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeFri 07 Oct 2022, 11:42 pm

As Mihai predicted, the two black mages need a minute before one of them—the one with the curves—finally lets go of the other to stand back up. The instant the fairies see Zelk without her hood on, they marvel at her beauty and immediately start gossiping among themselves about the nature of her relationship with Steve.

"Is that the Zelk Pizza Guy kept writing poems about?"

"She's so pretty!"

"And comfy!"

"If that's his fiancée, does that make her the Lofellian fries to his pizza?"

Zelk pays no mind to all the eyes that are fixed on her, and instead gives Steve the brightest smile she ever granted him. He then notices that she's still wearing the sapphire ring he gave her almost three weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 12:20 am

"Hey everybody! This is Zelk, my fiancee! Zelk, this is our crew. I'll introduce you to all of them. The responsible fairy near Konrad's shoulder is Segel, the first mate, and these are his sisters Pistachio, Belle, Periperi, Lavender, Banana, Ambrosia, Dumpling, Blondie, Plum, Currant, Chocolate, Pome, Cayenne, Apricot, Paprika, Walnut, Scrambled, Quiche, Tamarind, Parfait, Oatmeal, Hazel, Peach, Clementine, Rhu, Ginger, Pineapple, Basil, Omelet, Cinnamon, Truffle, Peanut, Anise, Cherry, Cherimoya, Tellicherry, Panocha, Coco, Pudding, Cupcake, Apple, S'more, Cookie, Eclair, Fritta, Gabby, Rainbowsherbert, Panna, Ember, and Waffle."

He takes a deep breath and continues, "And these are his brothers Hing, Tabasco, Berbere, Bergamot, Thyme, Tarragon, Sassafras, Habanero, Currant, Marshmallow, Meringue, Cashew, Persimmon, Scotcharoo, Sopa, Hotdog, Garlic, Allspice, Cobbler, Sundae, Donut, Fudge, Caramel, Cannoli, Carrot, Chestnut, Pecan, Custard, Piffle, Hiccup, Cobb, Dayap, Bilolo, Flapjack, Sunny, Hash, Bacon, Pepper Jack, Monterrey Jack, Colby Jack, Jetty, Lime, Bowline, Fritter, Lemon, Milkshake, Sausage, Tiramisu, and the one sneaking the jerky is Bonbon."

He takes yet another deep breath, "The Myrzen warriors are led by Kaja, that giant over there. That big guy trying to hide Smirk from her is Théo, (I'll add the rest of the Myrzen names later)" "

Steve takes one final deep breath, "You of course remember Breeze's boyfriend and the mayor of the Fairy Village in Zest's Gate, Fluffle and this lovely lady over here is Femke, our resident spy and Konrad's girlfriend."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 12:45 am

Once the fairies realize what Steve is doing, they all form an orderly line and wait until he calls out their name before they come forward and say hello to Zelk; Bonbon of course tries to hide his piece of jerky behind him, and lamentably fails.

The warriors watch the scene unfold with amusement, now certain that they do not need to worry about the woman who invited herself upon the ship. In fact, looking at her face slowly change from an expression of love and relief, to one of confusion and surprise, really brings a smile to their faces. Amber and Fluffle seem to agree.

Once Steve is finished, Zelk stares at the fairies, and she smiles again. "Thank you everyone for looking after my numbskull of a fiancé. And for cheering him up when he needed to."

The fairies rejoice at her response.

"You're welcome!"

"He's our friend!"

"We'd do the same for you!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 12:51 am

Konrad coughs. "Femke and I are keeping our thing a secret. Anyway, how did you find us? Are you supposed to be Villevielle?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 12:56 am

Konrad notices that Femke is blushing hard when Steve reveals their relationship, even though no one even blinks at it.

Zelk eyes the crowd that has gathered on deck while she thinks of an answer. "Maybe it'd be better if we talked somewhere in private?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 12:58 am

Mihai, who has been patiently waiting all this time, walks into the Captain's cabin - "In here."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitimeSat 08 Oct 2022, 1:06 am

The adventurers head into the cabin while Segel gives orders to raise the sails and prepare to tuck in for the night. The moment Amber is inside, she surprises Zelk with a hug and tells her that she's happy to see her here. The black mage is momentarily caught off-guard by the gesture of affection, but hugs the teenage girl back. They exchange a few more words, after which Fluffle introduces himself and everyone gathers around the table.

Zelk sits next Steve, glancing at him from time to time, as if to make sure he doesn't get out of her sight. "I'm sure you're wondering how I knew you'd be here," she begins. "Truth is, Marcus Riddle told us."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille   Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 4: The Rescue - Villevieille
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next