A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 8:34 pm

The party walks towards the Market, where the last victim was found. Even though they have the name of the brothel -- the Sleeping Beauties -- and a general idea of where the establishment is located, they easily get lost in the twists and turns of Odwaz. It becomes obvious that city planning is a relatively new concept for Odwaz. Even Konrad isn't sure where to go, while Steve momentarily mixes up north and south. Mihai is pretty sure of which direction to take, but Amber has to stop him before he takes them on another wrong turn; she found the brothel.

This renowned establishment is located only one block away from the Den. If they hadn't been informed about the true nature of this building, it would pass for a normal inn. The burly man standing in front of the entrance is a dead giveaway however.

Fifteen meters to his right is an alley, cordoned off by a rope with a sign attached to it. There's a warning on it, written in both Myrzen and Imperial.

Only Defenders are allowed beyond this point
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 8:41 pm

Mihai approaches Burly Man - "Greetings. We're looking into the murders." - he greets in Myrzen
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 8:53 pm

The bouncer keeps his arms crossed. When Mihai approaches him, his body slightly shifts. He listens to the rogue and then studies the rest of the group. His eyes wander on the weapons they are wielding, the red mage's armband, and then Amber. The man frowns.

"We've already answered the Defenders' questions," he says in Myrzen. His tone is tired but polite.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 8:57 pm

Still in Wyrtwaly - "I understand this is tiresome, but we're doing it separately. We can't compel you to help us, but we're going to hunt the thing down soon, one way or the other."

His is trying to sound empathetic.

Diplomacy 29 (Nat 20)
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:01 pm

"Well, you're not coming in," he continues. "If you want to take a look at the alley, I'm not going to stop you. Just leave our workers alone."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:03 pm

"Can i ask you what you know?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:04 pm

"I don't see why I would tell you anything."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:08 pm

"A strange thing for a bouncer to say, when a monster is about threatening his charges. Unless you believe the Defenders will solve your problem?" Steve says in Wyrtwaly.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:12 pm

"How long have people been vanishing, two weeks? Everyone else is on edge from dusk till dawn. We're experienced in handling this sort of thing, and our track record has been pretty good so far. You don't have to believe us, but isn't the chance to make a murdering beast go away worth your time?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:19 pm

The man's eyes narrow to slits when Steve speaks. He opens his mouth to answer him, but Mihai interjects. When the rogue is finished, the bouncer responds immediately.

"There's also a chance you're the ‘monster’."

He shifts his gaze between the four party members.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:22 pm

"What would we gain by coming here, then?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:30 pm

Konrad makes an open, sweeping gesture with both hands, as if to quell irritation. "Please, we have only just arrived in the city," he adjures in Wytyrwaly. "The clan leaders have a vested interest in keeping the identity of the victim from being released. We have no such ties, nor any ties to the horrible tragedies that have been plaguing the city. Let us speak to the madame, we are civil. If she turns us away, we will not press it."

Diplomacy 26
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:38 pm

The bouncer hesitates for a second. After some thought, he says, "Problem is, I don't know who any of you are. As far as I know, you could be with the Noze."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:39 pm

Mihai raises an eyebrow - "Who?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:41 pm

Steve raises an eyebrow in honest confusion. "Who's that?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:41 pm

The man studies the party members' face for a moment.

"The Noze. Gangsters." There's a brief pause, and he adds something directed at Mihai. "You certainly look the part."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:47 pm

Mihai sighs, then points at the blade on his back - "This thing is far too big to cut anyone's throat. I'd stand out like a sore thumb anywhere i went. Criminals use small weapons that you can easily discard or destroy." - he lifts the sword by the crossguard (so the movement is non-threatening), just slightly so the ice blade is visible - "No way i'd go by unnoticed if i went murdering people with it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:54 pm

"Hmm." He scratches his chin. "Well, if you're with the Noze, you're either a good liar or a very articulate moron. More importantly, I still don't know who you are."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 9:55 pm

Mihai shrugs - "My name's Mihai, i'm with the Coins. This is my last job, so i'm making it count."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:01 pm

Amber understands that Mihai has just given his name. She seems a little bored right now.

The man looks expectantly at the other party members.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:09 pm

"The Noze." Konrad almost snorts.

"I'm the captain of a seaworthy vessel, sir. Call me Konrad. As for my friend, I'll take full responsibility for any bad behavior. They're with me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:10 pm

"Steve, also of the Coins. Nice to meet you. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:23 pm

Realizing what her companions are doing, Amber follows suit.

"I'm Amber," she says in Imperial. "Uh... hi."

The man straightens his posture. He then switches in Imperial for the teenager's sake.

"I'm Damian Stroik," he reveals. "I'm also the owner of the Sleeping Beauties. And don't worry, it's not the first time people assume I'm a woman."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:26 pm

"I have to admit, I was expecting a woman owner. Sorry about that. It must get annoying."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:30 pm

"Not really. Even my workers assume the same thing at first."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next