A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:30 pm

"A pleasure to meet you, Pan Stroik. Might I ask what you are doing outside?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:34 pm

"Oh, I was smoking. Then I saw you four looking at the alleyway, so I stayed outside."

He eyes linger on Amber before focusing on the whole party.

"Look, you seem all right, but maybe you shouldn't get involved in this. You wouldn't want to... upset the Defenders."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:35 pm

Mihai tilts his head - "Is that an issue at this point, after two weeks of people being spirited away?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:41 pm

Damian scoffs.

"You shouldn't believe everything you hear. The monster was seen two days ago. And since then, it didn't even try to hide the bodies."

He winces, remembering something.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:45 pm

"I believe it's important that we catch the culprit before they carry on any further than they can get away with, and beyond that, there's the tournament to consider." Konrad looks about. "We don't have to talk out here. May we come in?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:50 pm

"I'd rather avoid going in," he replies. He glances at the alleyway less than fifteen meters away. "Why don't we go there instead?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:51 pm

Konrad gestures "after you".
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:53 pm

"Yeah." - Mihai is only too happy to take the suggestion - "Konrad, keep your eyes open." - he says, as he taps his temple with two fingers.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:56 pm

Damian Stoik walks towards the alleyway and steps over the rope. He doesn't go too far and makes sure he can see the passerby in the street from where he is.

"Ask you questions," he says calmly. "You can even take a look at where they found her. Just go away when you're done."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 10:58 pm

Konrad "switches on".

Spellcraft 24

"Did any one else see the damage? Are there any witnesses?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:02 pm

"What can you tell us about the victim? Like what was her name if you know it?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:06 pm

Damian sighs.

"No. She left at around three in the morning. Last person who saw her was a coworker, but they were still inside."

He notices how Konrad is looking around for clues.

"If you want to take a look at the scene, you'll have to go behind the building. You won't miss the spot; the cleaners haven't come yet."

His expressions turns grim when he says that. He then faces Steve.

"Of course I know her name. But you won't hear it from me. Her family deserves some privacy."

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:09 pm

"So she was one of your girls then? Was she working? Who saw her last? Anything strange about last night?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:09 pm

"I..." - he tries to be tactful - "How was she found? Did anyone hear anything when it happened?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:14 pm

The owner is clearly annoyed by the barrage of questions. He clenches his teeth, takes a deep breath, and says, "How about you go take a look first?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:16 pm

"Of course." - Mihai nods.

Careful not to step on anything, he proceeds to go examine the crime scene.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:20 pm

Steve shrugs in frustration. "Sorry, not trying to badger you. I'm just wondering why anyone would target the victim. It's really hard to do that when you won't share basic information. What if she knew her killer? How are we supposed to ask people she might have known if you won't even share basic knowledge like her name?"

He joins Mihai in the alley behind.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:26 pm

Worker, then. One of the johns could be a possible suspect. Konrad follows the others, but turns to look at where Stroik is standing, to make sure he isn't just going to walk away.

Deception 26
This is for whether he was telling the truth, and whether he was hiding the real reason he doesn't want to give her name.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:40 pm

Damian stares at Steve in silence. He then leans against the wall and waits for the party to finish their investigation.

Amber follows Mihai deeper into the alley, with the rest of the party behind them. They turn right and find themselves behind the Sleeping Beauties. The first thing that catches everyone's attention isn't the large garbage container, nor the lone chair placed right beside the door that leads into the brothel. It's the dried blood that covers the ground, liters of it, all sprayed out in an uneven manner. There's even some on the walls.

Amber puts a hand on her mouth in disgust.

"I... I think I'll stay right here," she says.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:46 pm

"Yeah, stay back."

Mihai combs the crime scene. He's particularly interested in any traces of the beast itself: Hair, claw marks, bloody footprints (there's blood all over the place), etc.

Awareness 23
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:52 pm

Steve's nose wrinkles in disgust. "Can't say I blame you. Bleh."

The black mage continues down the alley with the others, trying not to step on anything too terrible. "There can't have been much left after this. What do you see Konrad?" He looks around with his eyes and mundane senses and then with his magical ones.

Awareness 22

Spellcraft 29
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu 05 Apr 2018, 11:53 pm

Energy pulses in Konrad's hand as he waves it about.

Scan lvl 6
Scanning crime scene.

Spellcraft 15
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2018, 12:40 am

Everyone can see the outline of large paw prints into the dried blood. At first glance, they seem to belong to a canine creature, a very big one. It is difficult to estimate how tall it is, but it must be at the very least 5 feet tall, if not more. There are also a few claw marks into the pavement, each one larger than a dagger.

Judging by the blood's pattern, Mihai and Steve deduce that the victim's body was smashed against the walls and the ground with great force. Despite a careful search, they cannot find any hair or fur.

Steve and Konrad decide to search for magical clues, but they sense no disturbance in the magic. The red mage however has an ace up his sleeve.

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2018, 12:49 am

Konrad shakes his head. "I can't believe I'm about to say this. It's a damn werewolf. And that's not even the weirdest part."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri 06 Apr 2018, 12:51 am

"...what is the weirdest part?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf   Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval I - The Werewolf
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next