A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 12:51 am

The young woman waits for Mihai to switch with Konrad before pulling on the werewolf's leg again.

A few minutes later, the party enters a narrow alleyway where streetlamps are absent. Nadzieja guides the adventurers deeper into this small maze until they reach a small open area connected to other alleyways. She lets go of the corpse and says, "We're here."

Curious, Fluffle examines his surroundings; there's a wooden dumpster in a corner, two trash bins next to it and a pile of old pallets against a wall. Florolf seems bored and he decides to sit down and clean himself instead.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 12:53 am

Steve looks around the alley. "So, what now? Doesn't really look like a battle took place here."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 12:54 am

Mihai looks around for any people-shaped wisps of black smoke - "Do we just pop back?"

Awareness 21
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 12:58 am

Konrad does the same, letting gravity work its own magic. "Suggesting we reenact the fight, Steve? I wouldn't mind seeing our new friend run off a wall, or do any other fancy tricks."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:00 am

Steve shrugs. "Maybe? I know I'm the resident prankster but I've never faked a battle before."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:02 am

Nadzieja faces the adventurers. "That's what I had in mind. It won't be perfect, but as long as the Defenders don't look too close, we'll be okay."

She then studies the area with a thoughtful expression.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:08 am

"Not like the actual fight left a lot of claw marks..." - he stops himself and looks at his gut under the torn shreds of his clothes - "...that haven't been healed up, anyway."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:11 am

"Wish I had a hard drink to help me think. Still, this seems like your bag, Steve."

Intelligence 8 (with NC AP
Assisting main roll
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:19 am

"They'll probably just be happy the case is over. I bet if we set up the body I could blow it up with a spell. The splatter should do a pretty good job of looking plausible. What do you guys think?"

Lead Int check 16
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:19 am

"Prank away, Steve."

Int 15 - Help Steve do his smart thing
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:23 am

"Blow up the body?" The szef is intrigued by this idea. "...Yes, that could work. We'd just need to stand close to it while you cast the spell."

Fluffle makes a grimace and Florolf perks up his ears.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:23 am

"...what about the head?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:25 am

"What do you think Fluffle?" He looks at Florolf, raises his eyebrow in curiosity and says, "How about you Florolf? How would you help?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:27 am

Konrad snaps his fingers. "Easy. Steve can singe the cut, and I'll throw it against a wall. It will appear as though it was dismembered by the blast."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:29 am

Florolf runs behind Mihai's leg, searching for protection. Fluffle doesn't seem too pleased either.

"...If that's what we need to do," he says.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:32 am

"Yeah, to a five-year old." - Mihai sighs - "Look, the battle happened for real, and it's not like we tore the place up in the Shroud either. We start complicating this, it'll just look more suspicious, not less."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:34 am

"I say we stick to the szef's plan."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:38 am

Mihai just looks at Konrad weird, then thinks some more - "The thing did move after i'd cut it's head. Guess that part of the story would be true."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 03 Jun 2018, 1:49 am

"Wow, the Endless kind of came through for once with their gross puppet powers. Konrad, Nadzieja, help me set up the body. Mihai take care of the head and then could you please get into position about here?" He indicates an area within the splash zone but not the explosion. "Fluffle, Florolf you can sit this out. I don't think they'll expect you to be covered in gore too. You can just stay behind Mihai like Florolf suggested; that should protect both of you well enough. After we are done setting up, we'll join Mihai in the splash zone and I'll do my thing. Any questions or suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 10:49 pm

"Sorry, no more brilliant insights from me."

Konrad hoists the creature up with the monk's help. "Ugh, smells like a wet dog rolled around in offal."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 10:51 pm

The fairy and the carbuncle rush behind Mihai, ready to use him as cover from the impeding explosion of offals. The monk assists Konrad and places the corpse where Steve wants it.

"Wild dogs smell better," she says with a grimace.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 10:54 pm

"I've heard of heavy petting, but this is ridiculous." Konrad gives a chuckle, but it is quickly stifled by a gag.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 10:56 pm

"...leave the lower body. In case anyone starts bitching how there's only a head and a ton of gore."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 11:04 pm

"Good idea Mihai." Steve looks at the body. "I think this is ready. Any other ideas before we begin?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 04 Jun 2018, 11:08 pm

"Toss the left arm around over there, once we leave the shroud. Right hand... about there. Head should be a ways that way. I cut off it's arm, then the head. Then the thing somehow kept moving after that, so you basted it for good measure. That's close enough to what happened."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next