A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 10:34 pm

"And where would we find him?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 10:36 pm

"A Carbuncle presenting." - he replies, as he climbs up and examines the room.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 10:38 pm

Ah. The clean-up crew. Cleaning up other peoples' messes. Usually after they add said peoples' brains to said messes. "So behind the boss, this 'head janitor' is a big deal. Do you think that's going to be a problem?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:00 pm

"I haven't got a clue," Wiktor says to Steve. "He usually shows up only when there's a problem... which you are now I guess."

He listens to Konrad and furrows his brows. "It's not our problem, that's for sure."

Steve:

Perplexed by Mihai's choice of words, Amber follows her brother out of the hole and looks at Florolf. The carbuncle is licking his front paws but immediately stops when the teenager appears. He rubs himself against her legs, hoping to receive a caress or two.

"Later Florolf," Amber tells him while readying her crossbow.

Mihai investigates his surroundings and realizes this is another warehouse identical to the one he just left, except there's on key difference; this one is completely empty.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:05 pm

"From your glances at the door I'd say you are expecting that trouble to show up any time now, yes?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:08 pm

"I sure hope he decides to come bursting in, it would save us the trouble of having to draw him out. Is there anything we could do to...expedite that?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:10 pm

Mihai moves up to the office wall and peeks outside, just to make sure the coast is clear before moving into the warehouse proper.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:23 pm

The white mage clenches his jaw when Steve effortlessly reads into him. His colleagues aren't pleased to see that the adventurers are perfectly calm by the fact that reinforcements are on the way. When Konrad asks him how to draw out Mikolaj, he furrows his brows and say, "...You've already done a good job so far."

Mihai sees no one in the warehouse and decides to step out the office. Amber follows him with Florolf on her heels and she asks, "So what now?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:26 pm

Konrad squints back at them. "Don't do that. I regret sparing the lives of people who do that."

Deception 14
Does the white mage intend to help the reinforcements or hinder us in any way?
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:27 pm

"The boss's gone for Backup. Tell Konrad and Steve to gag the prisoners and clear the warehouse; i'm going after him."

Mihai leaves the warehouse, then runs to the east.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018, 11:32 pm

"Yes, being bad at lying is a good thing. Means you are better at honesty and that's what's going to get you lot out of here today safe and sound. Now please, a description of both Rafal and Mikolaj please. And remember, I'll know if you are lying." Not a threat, a fact and Steve's open and cool demeanor emphasizes that.

Deception 34
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:08 am

In response to Konrad's warning, Wikto grunts and looks away, openly irritated but nevertheless non-threatening. He's glad to shift his attention to Steve instead. His answer to the black mage's question is nearly instantaneous. "Rafal is close to 6 feet tall. He's got hair that goes to his shoulders and has sunken eyes. Mikolaj is a few inches shorter than him; he has short gray hair and had a goatee last time I saw him."

OOC:

"On it," Amber replies. She doesn't even have time to react when Florolf suddenly runs up to Mihai and bites him in the ankle.

Mihai suddenly feels completely weightless, his whole body ready to float away, but gravity takes hold of him again. Nausea tightens Mihai's throat, a sensation he's becoming increasingly familiar with. When he looks around, Mihai sees the same warehouse he's been standing in for the last minute, only now the walls and floors are almost completely discolored. As for Amber, she has turned into a silhouette of black smoke – and judging by the way she's moving, she is very confused right now.

Florolf looks up at Mihai and happily yelps.

Mihai:

Sunny approaches the two mages and whispers to them, "Florolf just took Mihai to the Shroud."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:17 am

Mihsi is a little miffed, but shakes it off - "Don't suppose you can do that without..." - he stops himself - "...whatever. Do you know where he went?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:20 am

Making sure none of the bad guys can see his lips moving Steve whispers back to Sunny and Konrad in Imperial, "Okay. Let Amber know that reinforcements are on the way here. We are going to grab what papers we can then leave. We'll tell them more when we are away from here. Got it?"

After Sunny confirms, Steve will move to the office to do just that but before he goes he signals to Fluffle. When the fairy approaches he whispers, "Please go keep an eye out for those reinforcements they are talking about. We are going to grab some papers and then leave. We'll work as fast as we can."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:25 am

The carbuncle yelps again at Mihai and scampers towards the small front door.

Sunny stays behind to keep an eye on the restrained gangsters.

Fluffle listens to Steve and gives confidently nods at him. "I'm on it," he tells him before flying outside through the hole in the roof. The prisoners know that something is happening, but they all stay quiet, wary of the adventurers' next actions.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:30 am

Mihai follows the Carbuncle, very much wondering how you open a door in the Shroud and proceeding to find out.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 12:34 am

Konrad sighs. "There's not really anything we can do about that. He'll be back when he's back." he whispers between the three of them. (no peaking, lip-readers!)

He pulls out his sword and raises it. "I think we've heard all we need to. You boys get to live, but you can let your buddies untie you. I'm sure you understand" To the healer, he says, "Oh, and don't grind your teeth. I didn't mean what I said about your parents."

Ready Action
If one of them suddenly gets up after having freed themselves, I will attack them. I will charge them if it is possible.

Deception 25
Is he relieved in any sense after hearing my not-apology, or is there any change besides hearing that they will definitely be spared?
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018, 1:03 am

The men are very annoyed by Konrad's taunting, but they know not to say a word and to wait for the reinforcements. None of them makes a move to untie their restraints or attack the party. Meanwhile, Steve searches the office but finds it almost empty. Except for the usual office supplies – stacks of paper, ink pens and paper clips – Steve can only find an opened bottle of rum and a small bag which contains a few grams of Reverie.

Konrad:

Mihai opens the front door and steps outside. Just like last night the sky is entirely gray, with no clouds in sight as far as his eyes can see. It's eerily quiet in the Shroud, but the silence is abruptly broken by a gasp; when Mihai turns to his right, he sees the office worker who previously tried to run away from the office. He's now standing in front of the other warehouse with his mouth open, his wide eyes fixed on Mihai.

Florolf happily yelps again.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 10:12 pm

Mihai glances at Florolf and discreetly gives him a thumbs-up.

Then he looks back at the pencil-pusher - "......"

Intimidation 13
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 10:24 pm

Disappointed that there isn't really anything in the "office," Steve returns to the others and says, "Well, looks like our time together is at an end fellas. Just going to gag you before we go. Please continue to cooperate and you'll be fine."

Steve pulls out the remains of his rope and uses the sword of one of the fighters to cut it into lengths appropriate for tying the mouth and one for tying the arms of the mage. He'll then proceed to tie them up, assuming they cooperate of course.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 10:27 pm

"Oh don't pout at me, I'm serious."

When Steve returns, Konrad will help him with the rope.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 10:40 pm

When Mihai turns back to the office worker, he's already running in the opposite direction.

As Konrad and Steve start gagging the gangsters with rope, Amber comes back to the warehouse through the tunnel. She keeps a certain distance between herself and the prisoners while making sure she's ready to shoot with her crossbow if needed.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 10:42 pm

Mihai chases the nice man down and grabs him.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 11:14 pm

The man runs away as fast as he can, but Mihai's previous job has prepared him for this kind of chase. They race through the streets of the Wharf district and pass by numerous other warehouses that vary in size until finally, Mihai catches up to his target and tackles him to the ground. He doesn't know it yet, but this man fits Rafal's description.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" he exclaims in Wytrwaly while wrestling against Mihai's firm grip. "I assure you, whatever you want, I'm worth more alive than dead. Let's talk, okay?"

On the other side of the street, five carbuncles are observing this scene from the sidewalk. Florolf has somehow already joined them.

The white mage is tied up again but also gagged with rope, just like his other colleagues. After Steve has finished adding their weapons to the bag of holding, Amber approaches the two mages and whispers with a worried tone, "So what do we do now?"

Meanwhile, Fluffle and Sunny keep a close eye on the gangsters.

"I can see your hands!" the fairy warns. "Don't try any funny business."

The Aspect says nothing and keeps her gaze fixed on the prisoners.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul 2018, 11:26 pm

Konrad whispers, "Now we leave the building and watch for the reinforcements."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search   Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval II - Revelations and search
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next