A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:15 am

Konrad detects no summoner/aspect mental link from Wanda.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:17 am

The black mage frowns. "Wait, that's it? You are giving up already? We just started talking. You haven't really made a serious offer yet much less told us why you want to be the First. Does the position mean so little to you?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:20 am

"I've made no secrets to my clansmen and other Myrzens why I wish to become First. You only need to ask my compatriots, and they'll tell you."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:24 am

Steve sighs. "Szef Makara, I see where you are coming from but we've been working nonstop all day. We haven't had time to talk to any of your clansmen. And besides, and I'm pretty sure my friends would agree, we want to hear you say it in your own words. We are trying to figure out who you are. What you want. You believe you should be First? Make us believe too."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:26 am

Szef Makara very calmly sighs. "I am sorry for wasting your time."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue 11 Sep 2018, 1:40 am

"So you don't want to be the First then? Who is your choice and why?"

Deception to see if she is lying. 23
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed 12 Sep 2018, 6:09 pm

Mihai interrupts, landing his hand on Steve's shoulder - "Steve." - then looks at Wanda - "Madam Szef, you didn't summon us here for just a weak attempt at bribery and then dismiss us out of hand. You clearly wanted something more, and while i won't insult you by pretending i have no idea what it may be about - i assume someone in your position has a fair bit of intel on some of the things we've been dealing with for the past year - you seem to expect us to do all the reaching out. You're not the only one with far-reaching enemies, and you're not the only one taking risks. I'd still rather we made each others' lives easier instead of harder but we'll not betray our people, nor our secrets to you without any kind of reciprocity."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 1:14 am

Wanda Makara appears completely disinterested in what Mihai says, although she does frown a bit the more he talks. She stands still and patiently waits for him to finish before speaking again. "Mister Lowick, if you really knew what I wanted, you'd have already revealed your hand before mine. Now unless you have something to say, please leave."

She gestures toward the door.

Kolson:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 3:05 pm

Konrad stands up. "Then how is this: you don't want the Elementals to have control over their own First and then make a puppet state of Myr - neither do we. It's bad enough that they have the High Chief of the Defenders."

He lingers on the reveal of their cards for a hot second before pulling back the hand and shuffling.

"So, is there something we need to know about Nadzieja?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 10:19 pm

Szef Makara betrays her surprise when Konrad mentions the Elementals, but she immediately frowns and peers at the mercenaries.

"Who are you, and where did you hear that?" she asks in a measured tone.

Steve:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 10:34 pm

Mihai glances at Konrad, but then Wanda speaks up and he gets annoyed - "Hear it? We saw, felt it, and had it force-fed into our heads. A year ago, Marcus sent us off as cannon fodder to stall the Enemy while he readied his own operation, but he didn't expect us to survive and retrieve Anne's Orb all on our own. Since then he's kept us close, and had us assigned to combat another threat, but i'm guessing you don't know about that either."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 10:52 pm

Wanda Makara stares at the mercenaries for a long time, standing still in a rigid manner. She considers her words carefully and asks, "What do you mean by ‘force-fed’?"

Steve:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:01 pm

Mihai betrays a hint of anger - "You can thank Edward for that. I don't know how it is you people communicate, but he had us ambushed and abducted half our team after shoving Jacob's Orbs into our heads, all the while having no idea we already had our own. I am Mihai Lowick, but since last week i am also Nick Bradshaw."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:05 pm

"I'm Steve Oldturn but also May Brauer."

Renewing Deception check to read mood and see if she's lying 16.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:07 pm

Konrad sighs. "This has been very hard for all of us."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:18 pm

The Szef's eyes fall on Konrad. "And you?"

Steve:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:29 pm

"I'm...most of what I remember is this man's past. The memories that don't belong to him are very few, but I know them to be my own. I know I'm Sam, and also Konrad."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu 13 Sep 2018, 11:59 pm

The woman glares at Konrad without any hint of sympathy on her face. She then slowly walks toward him, ignoring the two other men at her sides, and stops one foot away from the red mage. She stares down at him and says, "You three can't even get your stories straight. I bet you don't even know who I am. You're just Marcus' latest pawns, unaware of the workings of our organization."

She turns her back to the mercenaries and sits down on the couch.

"Why are you even here?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:10 am

"Fine," he says, reverting to his own disgust and bitterness. He sits.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:18 am

Mihai glares at Konrad, but shakes it off and returns his attention to Makara, calmly getting up before speaking up - "We don't know who you are. And frankly, i don't care. You can have your internal bickering till the Dome comes down - which it is, while you people vie for power. We came here looking for our Team, but are taking the time to help with the situation since we recognize it's gravity. You want our help, fine. You don't, don't. Between us and Nadzieja, we can stop the Enemy from taking control here."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:29 am

She raises an eyebrow. "Your team?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:34 am

"Yeah. We're operating at about half efficiency now, thanks to Edward. An Endless could even be standing right here with us, and we'd have no way to sense it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:42 am

Szef Makara gazes at the mercenaries and listens very carefully to Mihai's words. "And?" she asks. "What do you want from me?"

Steve:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:47 am

"Where is Edward?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri 14 Sep 2018, 12:48 am

"You said you were looking for your team. Not Edward."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena
Page 21 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 42  Next