A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
K

K

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:44 am

"We don't know who activated it or why. We've always assumed it was because the Empire got scared of us, but that's all it ever was - an assumption."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:47 am

"You have a point, but true or not, I like our version of history. It helps us sleep at night."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:48 am

"Anyone else have anything to add? If everyone is amenable I'd like to discuss the tournament tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:49 am

"Before that, don't we have a Green Mage to save?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:50 am

Nadzieja raises an eyebrow. "Are you going to use the orb on him then?"
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:51 am

"I don't know. Do you guys think we should give it to the High Chief?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:57 am

"We've got one. And by using it on Duma we're already risking being unable to save someone else down the line."

He looks at Nadzieja - "They Orb is either Duma's, or it's yours. Up to you, but we need to decide now, then get to work."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 12:58 am

"It seems unlikely we would be able to orb him before the Tournament so I don't see what there is to discuss other than shoving it into his unconscious body tomorrow. Also, I think we'd be better off giving it to Nadzieja and being done with it for now." Steve looks around at the others to see what they'll say.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 1:21 am

"I agree. Nadzieja, if you don't want 'Wanda' doing what Edward tried with us, then using it yourself is the right idea. In your shoes, I wouldn't want to take the chance that you won't wake up the same as you were before. You want to fix this country, right?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:19 pm

The young clan leader answers immediately, having apparently made her decision before this meeting even began. "Then I'll use the orb on Zenon then," she declares.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:27 pm

Steve raises an eyebrow at her decision but doesn't fight it. "And when and how do we do that?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

Konrad, though disappointed, doesn't argue. He nods.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:30 pm

Mihai silently looks at her for moment, until Steve speaks up - "Soon as we iron out the how. I've though something up, but it's not entirely risk-free. And you'd have to expose Duma to the Shroud."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:34 pm

Nadzieja raises an eyebrow and calmly voices her opinion. "I can simply do what Konrad suggested; use the Shroud to enter Duma's room and use the orb while he's sleeping."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:35 pm

"You can get past the locked doors that way?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:37 pm

She nods.

Amber seems impressed by this.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:39 pm

Steve is impressed too. His eyes light up in that mischievous way they do before a prank. "Why is everything always so wonderful?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:40 pm

"Still want to standby and make sure you're ok." - Mihai reaches into his pouch and pulls out the Orb - "This could be the last one we see in a long while. Make it count."

He hands it to her.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 10:46 pm

Konrad steeples his hands, thinking. "Would it be helpful for us to stay here on guard, to make sure there's no trouble tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:06 pm

Fluffle and Amber smile when they hear Steve's funny remark.

Nadzieja takes the orb from Mihai, peers at the swirling elemental energies, and says, "I will."

She then listens to Konrad and considers the question he raised. "I doubt it'll be necessary, but you could stay the night if you believe it'd be safer for me." She remembers something. "Does that mean I can count on you for the Tournament tomorrow?"

The Szef gazes at the adventurers, pretty sure of what their answer will be, but nevertheless asking them just in case. Amber and Fluffle follows her eyes and wait, wondering if they'll change their mind.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:11 pm

"Leon, Valor and Suzy would beat the crap out of us if you couldn't."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:13 pm

"You can. I agree to your proposition to be your champion in the tournament."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:16 pm

"We are totally going to win the Tournament for you. You just need to tell us how the Tournament works first." Steve laughs.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:46 pm

Nadzieja is initially taken aback by the mention of her adoptive family, but she quickly recovers and listens to Konrad and Steve next. "Thank you," she says. "Your support means more than you think. And yes, I suppose we should talk about how the Tournament will work."

She sighs and pours herself a new glass of wine first. Once she's taken a sip from it, she refocuses her attention on the three adventurers and begins her explanation. "It will begin tomorrow at noon. The Szefowie and their retinues will meet at the center of the Arena and draw their place on the bracket. Only four szefowie will fight; Leopold Czelusniak of Barbazyn, Zenon Duma of Dziki, Wanda Makara of Atak, and me, of Zdetermiwa. The two other challengers withdrew today after we've managed to kill the werewolf."

"Uh? Why?" Amber asks.

"Because my claim was strengthened by this victory," Nadzieja explains. "You can become the First if you're a good fighter, but ruling is different. You need allies and influence for that."

"Oh. So that's why you want them to fight for you," Amber remarks while gesturing at her companions.

"Exactly," the szef says. She then looks at the men again and continues her explanation. "We fight in teams of five until one side yields or a szef dies."

"...Will someone die?" Fluffle asks, worried.

"Hopefully not. The Szefowie usually try to avoid unnecessary bloodshed, but it's been decades since the last Tournament."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue 18 Sep 2018, 11:47 pm

"Has anyone ever been attacked prior to the Tournament?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena
Page 25 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 33 ... 42  Next