A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:28 am

"Yes please. Where were those when we needed them, eh?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:30 am

"Oh no. I mean, no offense to Yellow Mages but the Sleep spell is almost the only thing they have that's worth a damn in most situations. They specialize in being annoying more than anything."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:34 am

Konrad just smiles innocently.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:35 am

"...What about the one who almost killed us today?" Amber asks.

"Yeah, Professor Goodman was really dangerous," Fluffle says with her arms crossed.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:37 am

"That's the thing about Yellow Mages. They suck when they start out and a lot of them die if they are on the battlefield. But if they live and keep working at their craft, they can be a problem eventually. But I'll also point out we made some tactical errors in that assault and made it harder for ourselves than it otherwise would have been."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:39 am

"Yeah, we did. I'll try not to make those again." - Mihai mutters somberly - "As for Czelusniak, i might be able to outmaneuver him if he keeps his attention on me. I doubt flanking him would do any good, so if Forys keeps healing maybe i can take it and wear him down."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:40 am

"When it comes to the other Szefowie, let me handle them. They'll crush you in an one-on-one fight."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:42 am

"That warning crushes me already, but... yeah, i'll try not to be stupid."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:43 am

"That...is probably a fair assessment. We're very fortunate to be facing them in the arena as another's champions. And thankfully, I doubt we'll come across anyone in the arena pulling the same repulsive shenanigans as we faced in the mansion."

Spellcraft 27
on Nadzieja
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:44 am

"I try not to get hit anyway so I'll just keep following the Way and hope for the best."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:49 am

Amber smiles and gives a thumbs up at Steve.

"And don't mistake Szef Makara for a yellow mage," Nadzieja says. "She can cast offensive spells too."

"She sounds just as dangerous as the others..." Fluffle remarks. He then turns to his companions and asks, "She can't be stronger than Edward, right?"

Konrad:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:52 am

"Honestly, I think it's safe to say she could be stronger."

Konrad has been taking his time while the others talk to appreciate the sight of Nadzieja in something other than her robe, being that the robe of a monk is the very definition of modesty.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:54 am

"So, there's one Szef i should go toe to toe with. Though then again, i'll likely be busy with her brave retinue."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:58 am

"Why don't we save the rest of this strategizing for our pre-fight grace period? We'll have plenty of time then."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 12:59 am

"Fine with me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 1:00 am

Steve shrugs at Nadia's suggestion to not underestimate the Szef. "I'm not an expert on Red Mages, it's more of a Myrish thing, but they combine strength of arms and magic training in a way we do not at the Citadel. Our training focuses on supporting a team of warriors and in turn being protected by them. Red Mages train as part of assault squads, right there in the front line with the other warriors. Their versatility is their strength, as we've seen Konrad demonstrate many times before. They combine Black Magic with White or Yellow, chosen during their training, though most of the strongest choose Yellow. They get the versatility and support power of a Yellow Mage but the survivability of a fighter. That means they are more likely to gain access to the stronger Yellow spells, like Sleep and Haste." He says this more for the benefit of Amber and Fluffle than the others and makes sure to look at them the most when talking about it. He nods to Konrad and Mihai to show he is ready to move on.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 1:03 am

Amber and Fluffle listen to the black mage with interest; they don't know much about the traditions of magic schools across the Archipelago.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 1:09 am

Konrad nods in appreciation at Steve's assessment of Myrzen warrior traditions and his own combat effectiveness. He stands up. "If that's over with, I think it's time for us to turn in."

He looks at Nadzieja. "As soon as I gather the strength to turn around."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:35 pm

The young woman raises an eyebrow and says, "Please stop that."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:43 pm

"Goodnight, Nadzieja, and good hunting."

He turns around and leaves.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:46 pm

Steve watches Konrad go and then gets up himself before carefully placing Florolf on his feet on the ground. "Well, time to get going then. Good luck you three. Be careful."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:50 pm

"Goodnight," Nadzieja says to the mages. "We'll see you here tomorrow at 10?"

Meanwhile, Florolf looks back and forth between the mages and the rest of the group, wondering who to follow. Amber extends her arms toward him, making the choice easy for him. He jumps on the couch and sits on her lap, happy to have someone else pet him.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:52 pm

"Of course. Did you want to stick around Fluffle or are you coming with us? It's fine either way I'm sure."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:56 pm

The fairy doesn't hesitate. He deploys his wings and follows the two mages outside. "I'm going with you," he says. "You need someone to watch your backs after all."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 10:57 pm

"Don't forget Femke's breakfast tomorrow. And Steve..." - he looks slightly uncomfortable - "...sorry, but could you get my chain shirt from the boat? Not sure i'll have time to get it myself in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 28 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena
Page 28 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 35 ... 42  Next