A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 11:06 pm

"I'm glad you are Fluffle." He listens carefully to Mihai and says, "Don't worry I won't forget her breakfast and I'll grab the armor first thing when I get back. That way I won't forget it. Goodnight all." He tips his hat to the four and walks quickly out the door to reacquire his boots and catch up to Konrad.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 11:09 pm

"Thanks."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri 21 Sep 2018, 11:10 pm

Amber says her farewell too. "See you tomorrow!"

"Be safe," Nadzieja says.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 10:20 pm

The two mages and the fairy leave for the Vulcan, leaving the rest of the party behind with Szef Zerva. Once Steve has returned to the ship and grabbed Mihai's armor, he goes to check on Femke—who seems to be almost finished with her work—and then decides to join the fairies in the galley for the game night. The crew is now playing the board games Amber brought with her from the bunker near Narrowfist.

Mihai and Konrad have their own matters to tend to.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 10:36 pm

As Steve is playing games with the fairies he all of a sudden stops, stands up, pulls out his guitar and announces to all of them, "I might die tomorrow so I'm going to play this instrument for you and if you see my fiancee Zelk Freeron, you tell her about what I played cause it's for her."

(He doesn't play for six hours but maybe for a good 20 minutes or so before he's too tired to continue and goes to bed.)
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 10:45 pm

A large group of fairies, which includes Fluffle, gather around Steve to listen to his music. They pay close attention to him and clap for him when he's finished playing the melody the first time. The idea that he might not survive the fight for tomorrow upsets a few of them however, and they make him swear to come back alive. No way are they going to just accept that Mr. Pizza might never come back.

Once Steve leaves for his room, a dozen of fairies choose to do the same and call it a night. The rest will continue to play board games for one more hour before they also go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 10:48 pm

Captain's Quarters

Steve has just left the captain's quarters; he checked on Femke to make sure everything was okay, and then went to see the fairies after that. When Konrad enters the room, he sees the Tyke woman at the same place where he left her. She appears to almost be finished classifying the notes in neat piles across the table. The room is lit by a few lanterns on the table, the light dimming the further it reaches out to the bed, warming the atmosphere inside the cabin. Konrad idly wonders if perhaps he should have stopped for some candles to line the room with, being a sucker for romantic gestures, in spite of using them in the past - distant and recent - as a false front when out womanizing.

Just as Femke puts a sheet of paper on the thinnest pile, she looks up at Konrad and stops moving.

"Almost done? Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, but it sounded like you were going to have to take a little longer than that."

"...Professor Goodman was very organized," Femke explains. "I overestimated the amount of work this would require." She has now stopped working and is staring at him.

"Lucky you." He pauses. "Are there really no...'deviants' among the Tykes? According to the laws of your people?"

"No," she says. "...Why do you ask?"

He walks over to the table. "Just thinking about whether this was the right decision. We're hiding all this", he gestures at the table, "away from our own kind, and letting potentially all of yours have full disclosure. I don't know if your laws are different from ours, and this...this mind control nonsense, would most definitely be wholly unlawful and morally twisted, within any body of government I can think of. Should I be concerned about what your kind will do with this research?"

"We won't do anything with it," Femke assures Konrad. She seems truthful.

"Good, that's a load off of my mind. Now." He steps over to her and leans to one side slightly with his hand on the table. "Are you still interested in having the experience of a lifetime?"

Femke tilts her head. "Are you boasting?"

He smiles. "Maybe. That's for me to know, and for you. To find. Out."

He offers a hand to help Femke out of her seat, like a gentleman. No straight answers here. The experience is a human one, and that's just what he's offering. She gazes at Konrad's hand for a long moment, until she finally takes it and follows his lead. Hand still in hers, he looks her in the eyes and brings a hand up to caress her hair and cheek, then goes in for a kiss.

Earlier...:

Paging Dr. Gleeson:

Observations:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 10:59 pm

Mihai and Amber

Nadzieja has gone to sleep soon after the mages have left; she wants to get as much rest as possible, and she also needs to wait for Duma to go to sleep first before she can travel into the Shroud and insert the orb into his head. Once the monk has gone to her bedroom, Florolf moves to her armchair and lies down on it, ready to take a nap. Meanwhile, Amber clumsily pours herself a glass of wine and drinks a sip from it.

Mihai looks like he might say something but holds off on it while he mulls it over - "You actually like that?"

"Nope," Amber says in Lofellian. "That's not why you drink that stuff anyway."

Mihai looks down, knowing exactly what she means. He sits down next to her - "Yeah... it's not. First time i did it had been a real shitty day, too."

"...Yeah." She takes another sip, frowns and looks down at the wine while stirring her glass. "That was a shitty week I guess."

"If you hadn't been there to save our asses, would've been worse. Today too, you did really good work out there. I didn't even know where to start with the kidnappings." - he says, trying to hide the pang of sorrow mixed in with the praise

She looks at Mihai, forces a smile and says, "We're in this together, no?" Her glass is now half-empty. "I'll be okay Mihai. I talked about it with Nadia earlier. It... helped."

Mihai is a little surprised, though not displeased. He betrays some of it in his eyes, but then looks down - "Heh, there's really nothing i can say you don't already know, is there?" - he sounds a little sad when he says it

She gazes at Mihai in silence for a long moment before she decides to put her glass down and hug her brother in an effort to comfort him "We'll find them," Amber whispers to Mihai's ear. "Then we're going to punch Edward in the face for what he did."

"Oh, i'll send his teeth flying alright." - he whispers back - "Just..." - he struggles - "I'm here, ok? You don't have to take it all on by yourself."

She pulls back and smiles. "Okay. I'll... I'll be more careful."

He smiles a bit - "I mean that too, sure, but more like..." - he tries to say it, it's like the words get stuck in his throat - "You can talk to me if you need to. About all this. You've been through a lot - more than i ev..." - he stops himself, before it becomes a lecture - "You know, just... i'm here for you."

She nods. "And me for you."

He hugs her again.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm

Captain's Quarters

Konrad drifts back to sleep...

Freedom:

Konrad stirs awake in the morning, light shining through the window. Around 8am, by his reckoning. The space once occupied by Femke is now empty, and far from his mind at the moment. The words of his brother haunt him from beyond the grave, beyond the land of dreams.

Czy to twoja 'wolność', bracie? Czy jesteś szczęśliwy?
(Is this your 'freedom', brother? Are you happy?)

Polish:
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:08 am

Around 8:00 AM, 6th of April 422
Odwaz, Myr

Steve

May wakes up in her cabin with a mild hangover and the taste of wine in her mouth. She looks at her side and searches for the man she brought to her bed last night and is surprised to find it empty. Her lovers are usually up for a second round, even when she has drunk a lot more than she did yesterday.

Suddenly, the taste of wine disappears from her mouth and she realizes that she's not a woman. Her name is—no, his name is Steve Oldturn, not May Brauer.

Mihai

Mihai wakes up in his bed, alone. It takes a few seconds for him to remember where he is; in one of the bedrooms of Nadzieja's residence at the Faculty. He must have slept a little over ten hours judging by the light coming from the window. In fact, he feels completely refreshed and ready to fight again.

He then sees it; a silhouette of Darkness standing on the opposite side of the room, right by the door. And it's looking right at him.

"Hello sunshine," he says with an indiscernible smile.

Konrad

Once Konrad has recovered from his nightmare, he stands up and decides to clean himself. He suddenly stops when he passes by his mirror however, having seen something that his mind doesn't understand; his reflection is different. Konrad is now looking at the naked body of a muscular woman with light brown hair and green eyes, not the body he was born with.

When he moves, she moves.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:15 am

Konrad pauses and stares at "herself" in the mirror, panics, and looks down at what he hopes is himself.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:18 am

Mihai's eyes go wide and he half jerks his arm to Waterglass before he realizes who it is - "...Smirk."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:26 am

Steve smacks his lips and makes a sour face. "Damn it May, that better have just been wine." The joke doesn't really help him feel any better, and no one was there to hear it anyway, but it's better than acknowledging that pit in his stomach. It's been there since Narrowfist and it keeps on getting bigger. With a resigned sigh, the black mage gets up and creates water for his washbasin with his water cantrip while humming a wordless tune. Just going through the familiar ritual helps. After a few minutes, he splashes some water in his face and finds he is ready to face the day. He gets dressed and heads to the galley to make breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:42 am

Steve

When Steve enters the galley, he finds a few plates of cooked food on one of the tables. Femke is already there, eating her own breakfast. She greets Steve with a "Good morning" and refocuses her attention on her plate.

The crew appears to be working on the deck at the moment.

Mihai

Before Mihai can say anything else, the Aspect begins to evaporate into thin air. A few more seconds and he'll be gone.

Konrad

Konrad examines his own body and might feel reassured to find out that everything is where it should be. When he looks back at the mirror, the reflection of Samanta Walters has been replaced by his own.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:44 am

Mihai bolts out of bed and reaches for the Aspect before he's completely gone.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:47 am

"Aaah, jeez," he stammers. He takes a couple handfuls of water and splashes his face. "Fuuuh...wake up from one nightmare only to stumble and nearly trip into another. Get it together, man."

He tries to shave again.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 12:51 am

"Good morning Femke. How are you today?" He grabs a cup and pours himself some water from the jug and gulps it down quickly. He then pours some more and grabs himself a plate of food before joining her at the table.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 1:27 am

Steve

"I am well," the Tyke woman answers. Her hair is slightly wet, indicating that she must have taken a bath in the last hour. "How are you?" she asks.

Konrad

Konrad finishes cleaning himself and then leaves his quarters. It is sunny outside and the crew is using this opportunity to wash the deck. They salute their captain and give him some room so he can go to the galley.

OOC:

Mihai

Mihai instinctively wills for Smirk to stay and the moment his hand touches the dark magic, flashes of familiar landscapes and people assault his mind. This stops once Smirk has disappeared, but Mihai immediately realizes the effect of this action; he can now remember the early childhood of Nick as if it was his own. The memories of this period of Nick's life are hazy and they jumble together with Mihai's, making it difficult to discern which memory belongs to who.

Only when Mihai searches for specific signs—language, location, people—does he manage to tell which are his.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 1:31 am

Konrad salutes the folks on duty and heads on to the galley.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 1:33 am

Mihai instinctively holds a hand to his head, only muttering under his breath - "...fucking idiot."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Sep 2018, 6:40 am

He frowns and says, "...I woke up thinking I was a drunk Lorinthian monk after a night of cheap sex and expensive wine." He eats a strip of bacon and washes it down with water.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2018, 10:28 pm

Steve

Femke stops eating and stares at Steve. "...Are you being literal?" she asks.

Konrad:

Mihai

Mihai stands alone in his bedroom.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2018, 10:42 pm

Mihai utters several profanities under his breath a while longer, then some more while getting dressed. Then leaves his room.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2018, 10:44 pm

"Yes, and I wish I wasn't." He takes a mouth full of scrambled eggs.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Sep 2018, 10:51 pm

Konrad enters the galley and nods to those present. "Good morning."

He starts with some bacon and some fresh fruit. "No dreams, at least not for me. All's well, I think."

Deception 30
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena   Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval III - The Master Weaver and the Arena
Page 29 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 35 ... 42  Next