A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:09 pm

"Oh well, that makes it so much better!" Nadzieja almost yells. She then clenches her jaw and massages her forehead, realizing that she just lost her cool. She takes a deep breath, raises her head and tells the adventurers, "I apologize. I shouldn't have said that."

With her hands on her head, she tries to compose herself and thinks this through. After a few seconds of anticipated silence, she says, "I don't know anything about this Edward, and I'm not even sure I understand what you just told me. What I know is that Wanda and her champions won't hesitate to kill us. So I'm not holding back."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:13 pm

"If you can keep her from Casting, we'll take care of the other two. Then move in to support you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:16 pm

Konrad nods when she apologizes. It isn't any easier for them, and he knows her outburst didn't come out of nowhere.

"Thank you. I won't hold back either."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:22 pm

Steve nods and says, "If that's how you feel about it." He doesn't sound enthused about it.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:44 pm

"I don't want to die, that's how I feel about it." She turns to her comrade, Zenobiusz, and puts her hands on his shoulders. The white mage is still reeling from the latest twists and turns, and it's with surprise that he reacts to her touch. Nadzieja looks at him in the eyes and says, "Zeno, we're going into the Arena to fight one of the strongest warriors in the Archipelago, and Wiera will be watching. You want to see her again, right?"

"...Yes," the dark-skinned man replies. "Yes I do."

"Then focus on that. You heal us like you did in the last round, and we'll make sure you get out of the ring without a scratch. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am." Zenobiusz nods confidently, his attention fully focused on the battle ahead.

The young woman smiles, pats him on the shoulder and turns to the green mage. "Duma... Thank you."

"Don't mention it," he replies with a smile.

She looks at her champions and says, "Let's go then."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:48 pm

"Thank you for the help, Szef Duma." Steve tips his hat and follows Nadzieja and the others.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:49 pm

Konrad smiles at her ability to raise her friend's morale, and keeps on smiling. Impressive.

He nods, ready to follow the Slayer of the Werewolf.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:50 pm

Mihai tightens the harness strap on Waterglass and nods.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:55 pm

Once again, Nadzieja and her four champions stand in the shadow of the southern entrance, looking through the bars of the portcullis. While they were asleep, tall spotlights have been set up in the terraces to illuminate the center of the Arena, where they'll soon clash with Szef Makara and her two surviving champions. Rain is falling down from the sky, partially covering the chatter of the audience who has been waiting for the last hour. Lucky for them, large tarps of watertight canvas protect their heads from the heavy raindrops.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen…"

The announcer launches into his enrapturing introduction just as the portcullises begin to rise. Nadzieja stares at the opposite end of the field of sand, right where her opponents are standing. She can't see them from here, but she knows they're also waiting.

"…Does anyone have encouraging words to share?" she asks her comrades.

The adventurers can see her lips trembling.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:58 pm

"We're here because we believe in you, Nadzieja, each one of us. Now show them why."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 20 Nov 2018, 11:59 pm

"Yeah, i got my lady out there with a clone of that bastard, so i'm not dying to this one. By the way, what do we call you in about 5 minutes? Lady First?"

Szef Zerva ponders Konrad's words, and it's with a calm tone that she says to Mihai, "Just call me Nadzieja."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 12:14 am

"You know I'm thinking maybe Zelk and me could get married on the beach. Just imagine it we could have a barbecue going, and play volleyball or maybe water polo, I could get some collectors dolls made of the two of us so everyone can have a set. Do you guys know any good spots for that? I'm thinking of inviting Fluffle's village so it would have to be relatively close to the Enclave if not in it."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 12:22 am

"It's not in the Enclave, but how about the beach in Walkerfree? The Free Feathers isn't too far away, I hope?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 12:26 am

"I'll add it to the list then."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 12:59 am

A grin slowly appears on Zenobiusz's face when Steve starts making plans for his marriage. Nadzieja is initially too stunned to say anything and can only stare at the black mage, her mouth agape. The announcer's booming voice suddenly reminds her of what she's here to do. Slightly amused, she turns her face forward and says, "Just don't forget to invite me."

"A marriage at the beach sounds like a great idea actually," Zenobiusz adds.

It's under the applause of the crowd and a torrent of rain that the combatants make their entrance onto the field of sand. In just one minute, they're completely drenched from head to toe. This doesn't stop the host of the evening—who's smiling under a large umbrella—to introduce them to the cheering crowd.

Nadzieja Zerva, Slayer of the Werewolf; Zenobiusz Forys, pilgrim of the Fourteen; Steve Oldturn, the Devil of the Citadel; Konrad Wildfire Granger, captain of the Vulcan; and Mihai. Opposing them are Wanda Makara and her diminished retinue, Zdzislaw Kusz and Arleta Katschorowska.

The eight of them meet at the very center of the Arena, weapons at the ready. Wanda gazes into Nadzieja's eyes with an inscrutable expression. Her champions however have adopted a defiant posture, unflinching in their resolve.

The audience quiets down and waits on the edge of their seats, wondering if any words will be exchanged.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 1:14 am

Mihai looks at the two champions with grimm resolve - "How many people depend on you?"

It sounds like an honest question, despite the gruff dour tone.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 1:15 am

Konrad tunnels in on "Wanda" with a grave look. When he speaks, he doesn't raise his voice to the team on the other side of the field. "No going back, Red Sword. No retreat. No mercy."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 10:31 pm

Steve is hanging out in the back, waiting for the fight to start. He doesn't want to draw attention to himself right before a fight so he keeps his mouth shut.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 10:52 pm

Zdzislaw and Alerta narrow their eyes at Mihai's words, unsure of what to say, and instead opt to stay silent and wait for their Szef or the announcer to speak. Wanda Makara isn't eager to talk either; Konrad's warning merely managed to get her attention focused on him. She studies him for a second before looking back at Nadzieja. With a measured tone, she tells her, "May you find glory in battle, Szef Zerva."

"...And may you find the same, Szef Makara," Nadzieja replied, now in full control of herself.

Szef Makara and her two champions then bow to the five party members, just like they did for Leopold Czelusniak's team.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 11:09 pm

Mihai twitches in shock at the realization that Wanda's champions have no idea who they're dying for. His eyes widen for a moment, and he looks at Edward with sheer venom - "So this is you. This is you." - he almost growls, in a low voice.

He looks back at the two champions, a look of reluctance mixed with pity on his face, which is then forced into angry determination. He bows when it's time to do so. - "Kusz. Katschorowska." -he draws his sword - "Good luck to you."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 11:16 pm

Steve bows with the others and then takes up his battle stance, staff out front for deflecting incoming attacks.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 11:20 pm

Konrad doesn't even dip his chin. I'm ready, damn you. Start the fight.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Nov 2018, 11:36 pm

The combatants now being ready to fight, the announce approaches the center of the Arena with his umbrella in one hand and his microphone in the other. He turns it one with a flick of his thumb and says in a booming voice, "Szef Zerva. Szef Makara. Champions. You know how this works; the fight ends when all the members of one team have either surrendered, been knocked unconscious, or have fallen into battle. If I believe it necessary to stop the fight, you are to do as I command. Understood?"

Everyone answers in the affirmative. Because of the spotlights and the rain, it's impossible to see or hear the audience sitting in the terraces; it feels as if nobody else but the combatants were here, weapons at the ready.

The announcer slowly steps back towards the wall, a calculated move to create tension. Soon, only his umbrella and his silhouette is visible through the curtain of rain. Not that Szef Makara or her champions care; their full attention is on Nadzieja and her party. And then—

"Fight!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 10:57 am

The Red Sword:

Konrad briefly considers making absolutely sure she remains dead, his face full of contempt for the replicant. He takes a step forward to her body, raises his sword... and raises it to the sky, belting a war cry to the crowd. In response to Konrad's shouting, the audience erupts into applause. The people seated in Szef Makara's section stay quiet however, stunned by their leader's defeat and apparent death.

Steve will jog up to the others to see what happened. He'll look sadly down at the corpse. Horrified at his miscalculation, Mihai slowly pulls Waterglass from Wanda’s lifeless body. Fists trembling in anger, and he takes a few steps away and tosses the sword on the ground.

"...i should have held back." He facepalms in frustration.

The announcer gestures to the white mages to move in, and white spells fly across the ring, hitting all of the champions and Szefowie.

Zenobiusz slowly approaches the rest of the party, while Nadzieja gazes at the lifeless body of her opponent, slightly shocked by what just happened. Konrad looks forward at Mihai and lowers his weapon, now washed by the rain.

"I disagree.” He looks at the new First. "You ok?"

"...Yeah," the monk replies.

The announcer's voice then bellows out of the many speakers set up around the Arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have our new First: Szef Nadzieja Zerva! The Slayer of the Werewolf!"

The crowd stands up and claps and cheers for their new leader. Mihai doesn't react. This doesn't feel like a win to him. On the other spectrum, triumphant, Konrad inhales a breath of relief and accomplishment, and raises his voice to cheer with the crowd. The white mages busy themselves with checking the fallen combatants "They're alive," they say, standing over the bodies of Zdzislaw and Arleta. Steve waves at the crowd in acknowledgement before putting a hand on Mihai's shoulder to comfort him, prompting Mihai to give him a humble glance, look back down, and nod.

Konrad puts a hand on Nadzieja's shoulder. "Honored First, well done."

The young woman looks up at Konrad, nods slowly, and raises her fist in the air. The crowd cheers even louder.

Zenobiusz walks up to the other two adventurers looking very much relieved. "Shit...we're still alive."

"Yeah..."

"Wasn't sure we'd make it. Your healing was key."

Konrad chuckles a little nervously. It does feel good to be alive after that. "Feels good," he whistles. "I still feel the rush. It might be the healing magic, but I've never felt better."

Zenobiusz smiles at them and takes a breath, his whole body still pumping adrenaline.

Mihai walks over to Nadia. "We need to tell you all we know, then be on our way."

Nadzieja looks at Mihai in surprise. The white mages are now surrounding the party. ”Mihai, not right now."

"I know. Soon."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2018, 10:46 pm

8:41 PM, 6th of April 422
The Arena, Odwaz, Myr

Zdzisław Kusz and Arleta Katschorowska—Wanda Makara's surviving champions—wake up and find themselves still alive and surrounded by many white mages. Indifferent to their own health, they ask who won the fight and if their leader is still alive. They appear quite forlorn when they learn the news and immediately join Szef Makara's side.

Just like earlier today, the announcer asks the crowd to have a minute of silence for the departed, after which he presents the microphone to Nadzieja. He shows her how to use it, and once everyone's attention is focused on the young woman, she brings the mic to her mouth and begins to speak in Wytrwaly.

"My fellow compatriots." Except for the rainfall and the occasional sob coming from the terraces, nothing else but the monk's voice can be heard at the moment. "Today, we've lost several of our people. Marin Mulka. Ernest Kwiatek. Eliasz Matusiak. Janusz Kosior. Leopold Czelusniak. Wanda Makara..."

Nadzieja pauses and licks her lips.

"This Tournament was one of the less bloody we've had in our history. But the sorrow we feel for the these brave warriors who've left us will haunt us for the weeks, months—and for some of you—years to come. Our descendants may forget their names and the impact they had on our lives. The books of History may mention them only in passing. But I pray that those present today willremember them until the day when we shall join them in the Land Beyond. May they find glory in the afterlife."

"May they find glory in the afterlife," the crowd repeats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword   Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval V - The Red Sword
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next