A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kolson

Kolson

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:35 pm

Mia looks very uncomfortable and doesn't seem to know how to proceed. Zoe steps in. "Well, if it is a real dragon, and I'm sure it's not, why don't you look into it Kat? I don't think Mia is equipped for this. Right Mia?" She winks at the worried mother.

"Ah, yes. If you are offering. It would bring me peace of mind if you did."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:37 pm

"I can definitely do that!" the knight answers with a peppy tone. "Don't you worry, I'll get to the bottom of this."
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:42 pm

"Sorry, it's really none of our business," Hunter steps in, apologizing to the mother. "We can help too, if that would put the matter to bed."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:49 pm

"Oh all of you? That would give me peace of mind. Thank you so much."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:52 pm

"It'd be our pleasure!"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 07 Jan 2019, 11:54 pm

"Aye."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 12:27 am

John watches the party accept the quest in silence, the wheels clearly turning in his head. He looks like he's about to ask Hunter something when the messenger from earlier comes running up. "The Old Man is ready to see them."

John nods at him in acknowledgement and says to you guys, "Looks like our tour is over for now. If you'd all please follow me I'll show you to Stockmer."

Mia says her goodbyes and then John proceeds to lead you to the wagon to pick up Ludmilla and then through two great wooden doors into the keep itself. Immediately inside is a grand table, with two raised seats for the baron and his lady. Four doors, two on the south wall and two on the north wall, are each at the halfway point of the room and then on the wall behind the thrones. It's to one of these back doors, the one on the right, that John leads you. He opens it and asks the last of you to shut it again because "The castle gets awful drafty."

On the other side of the door is a stairwell leading up one story. At the top of the stairs is a hallway with three doors. It's to the furthest southern door that John leads the party. With a loud knock, he opens the door. The room itself is clearly the baron's study. Two walls are lined with books on different topics ranging from the Wars of Nerath Vol 1-25 to Wood Working Through the Ages: From the Feywild to Beyond. In the center of the room is a wonderful mahogany desk, which is surrounded by four chairs and a couch, and at which sits the Baron Jonn Stockmer. He stands to greet you as you enter the room. Stockmer looks like the eighty-eight-year-old man that he is. His brown hair and close cropped beard are streaked with gray and his wrinkled skin looks like it was carved from stone in some bygone era. He's dressed in finely made but practical clothes, a shirt and breeches, a look not unlike something you'd see folks wearing about the guild house back in Therund.

Jonn Stockmer:

He comes around the desk and stands before you all. "Welcome to Stockmer Keep. Why is Ludmilla hobbling around?"

"Because she's too stubborn to go lay down while she has a report to give."

"Aye." He's carefully studying you guys while he waits for your introductions.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 12:42 am

Kathryn approaches the old baron and respectfully bows to him. "Lord Stockmer, thank you for receiving us," she begins. "I am Ser Kathryn Elwin Amblecrown, a Shiere knight on a quest to free Eninahes—Lady of the White Well and daughter of the goddess Sehanine—from an ancient curse that keeps her prisoner of her own domain."

It sounds like she has practiced this introduction multiple times. And yet, she is still visibly nervous.

"May I introduce you to the representative of the Golden River Guild and leader of our expedition—Joshua Jordstad."

She then lets her friend take over from here.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 12:54 am

Jo steps forward and also bows to the baron. "Greetings Baron Stockmer. As Ser Katheryn said, I am Joshua Jordstad, the guild's new representative in the Nentir Vale. Here are two letters of introduction from the our guild master and from the Baron of Therund himself." He pulls out the letters and presents them to the Old Man. Stockmer politely takes them from Jojo. "The rest of our group can introduce themselves." He stands beside Kat.

Zoe steps forward and activates her hat, turning her normal clothes into a modest green gown, before giving the baron a well-practiced curtsy. It's perfect, even as an illusion. "Greetings Baron Stockmer. I am Zoe Tahlavia, a priestess of Avandra. If you have need of my services, please don't hesitate to ask." The illusion fades away as she moves beside Jo, but a step back.

It's now Hunter and Carlos' turns.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 1:10 am

Hunter steps forward and bows. "Greetings, Baron Stockmer. I'm Hunter Thrul. I'm a member of the Golden River Guild. And...a ranger," he adds, nervous as though he might be laying claim to a title.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 1:12 am

Carlos steps forward. Bows - "Carlos Jalapeño de Muerta, of Mithralfast. I'm but a humble soldier helping the party get by, but i swing a mean hammer. Should the Baron require it's service, you need but say the word."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 1:22 am

Kathryn anxiously stays immobile and waits for Stockmer's response. It takes all of her willpower not to fidget.

Eni:
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 10:25 pm

Kat:

Looking down at the letters and then back at the rest of you Stockmer says, "I'll read these right away as soon as I am able. In the meantime, all of you will stay here with me in the castle. Please, be at ease here and leave your weapons and armor in your rooms during your stay. You are my guests now and I swear to see to your protection within the castle. When he sees Kat's distress at this he adds with a bemused grin, "Shiere Knight's swords excepted of course. Supper is at sunset everyday. Please join us tonight. In the meantime though, I think Ludmilla is liable to give me the Evil Eye if I don't hear her report soon. John, please show our guests to their rooms."

John bows to the baron and then opens the door and waits for each of you to leave. Meanwhile, Ludmilla nods to all of you in thanks and then hobbles over to the couch. Stockmer retakes his seat and as John shuts the door, Ludmilla launches into her report.

Out in the hallway, John says, "That went well I think. Please, follow me to your rooms." He starts leading you back to the stairwell.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 10:35 pm

"That was a little abrupt for me. It's good to see the Old Man again, but I was hoping I could stay for the report..."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 10:40 pm

"Ah, i know what happened..." - he shrugs
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 10:50 pm

Eni:

"We were there after all," Kathryn agrees. "He was also really kind to let me keep my sword. Oh, what should we do for the rest of the day? I need to go see my brother and Robert, but you guys don't have to come with me."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:06 pm

Jojo says, "He'll probably have questions for us later, Hunter. He's probably learning what he can about us before our formal interview."

"He may be kind but knights are allowed to keep their swords. It's a matter of honor. He'd do it for any visiting knight or other noble. But count me in on the visit to your family Kat. I'd really like to meet them. Are you guys still coming too?" she asks Carlos, Hunter, and Jo.

"I'd still like to, yes," says Jo with a smile.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:08 pm

"Absolutely. We have the whole day to go meet everyone we know, so we can just go see Robert and your brother first. After that, we can go swing by Meredith's Place. How's that sound?"
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:11 pm

"Aye, going to meet the Kat Family. Who's Meredith?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:15 pm

Hunter stops looking at Kathryn for a moment to answer Carlos. "Oh, Meredith is John's mother. How's she doing nowadays, John?"
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:17 pm

The young knight appears delighted to hear her friends want to meet her family. At the mention of Meredith however, she listens attentively and waits for John's answer.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:29 pm

"Same as ever, throwing herself into the inn and trying to raise Erin and Jo. She wasn't too happy when I got this job instead of taking over the inn and now she's trying to groom Erin for it, which is going about as well as you'd think. I imagine after she runs her off too it will be Jo next." The frustration is obvious in John's tone. Meanwhile, he leads you down the stairs and through the door, this time turning right, walking along the back of the hall, and leading you to two doors, one on the north wall and one on the east wall. He takes the one on the east wall which leads to stairs much like the ones you just came down.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:32 pm

"Family business, eh."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:37 pm

"Sorry Cuz. But man, that's not good. At this rate, what'll happen to the inn? Harken wouldn't be the same without it."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2019, 11:39 pm

"It'd be sad if it went away," Kathryn says wistfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold   Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prologue: The Barony of Harkenwold
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next