A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:03 am

K wrote:
Mihai gets a running start off the deck, grabs a line as he jumps and swings onto the enemy vessel. As he lets go of the line he reaches and draws the massive blade of Waterglass, a magical weapon with a blade that appears to be made of transparent ice, in a massive swing that splits a hapless pirate in two. The blade freezes the rain around it, creating flashes of spraying ice as it is swung around.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:05 am

Zeiss wrote:
The Barracuda successfully took Kira Paddle's ship by surprise, and fired a volley of cannonballs on it before the enemy could do anything. As soon as it was possible, boarding planks were set down, and privateers began to fight pirates; all over a mysterious artifact which was locked away in a mysterious wooden coffin that sat on Paddle's deck.

Fedler, who had climbed on top of the Barracuda's middle mast, made sure to eliminate any threat she deemed serious, such as a man who tried to fire a swivel gun at the party. Zelk, Steve and Konrad made good use of their magic to kill large number of enemies, and Mihai charged into the fray with Waterglass, a greatsword given to him by Saemon, which the mercenary infused with magical energy. As for Zelk's squad members, they used ropes to swing themselves aboard the enemy's vessel to subdue the Lorinth agent sent to buy the artifact. Zywia, a powerful white mage, stayed back on the Barracuda and healed as many people as she could.

The attack was so overwhelming, the pirates had no choice but to surrender, and Kira Paddle angrily let go of her crossbow. Just as the 113th adjunct and Zelk's squad moved to secure the cargo they had been sent to recover, they heard something, or someone, knock from inside the coffin.

"It sounds like a person trapped in there," said Mihai.

The Lorinth agent, a dangerous yellow mage who was immobilized by Eins, scoffed and responded with, "You are wrong. It's not a person."

"What is it then?"

Kira laughed. "An imitation," she replied.

Right at this moment, the whole ship shook, and the Barracuda was pushed away from the other vessel. The boarding planks feel into the water, and a disguised Konrad inched his blade on Kira's throat. "What the bloody hell is this!?" he asked.

"I don't know!" shouted back the pirate captain, who appeared confused.

Whatever was inside the coffin stopped knocking. The rain continued to pour down like a waterfall, and thunder crackled in the sky. This is when giant tentacles rose up from the sides of the ship, slowly tightening their grip on this big wooden toy floating in the middle of the bay.

Then all the party members heard someone snicker.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:05 am

K wrote:
(just posting what i'll first do when we pick up)

Recognition twitches across Mihai's face - "Snicker!? Talk!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:06 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Sorry," says Snicker. "Couldn't resist."

All three of you heard that. The tentacles move to attack.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:06 am

Zeiss wrote:
The tentacles of the sea creature didn't lose any time, and started to crush the privateers and pirates like pulp. Then they went for the middle mast, and wrapped themselves around it. In the process, it pushed the coffin aside, and whatever was inside started to punch its way out of its wooden cage. While this happened, the rest of the party did their best to repel the sea creature, using magic and swords to injure its long limbs. Litters of blood spilled out of those wounds. At one point, the creature was so angry that it broke the mast in half, and flung Mihai across the ship. He broke a few of his ribs, and taken a lot of damage, but it could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for the pirate that took the brunt of the fall; and died because of it.

Just as the party repelled the last of these tentacles, the coffin broke open and revealed what was inside it; a young man in dirty rags, a gag on his mouth, which he promptly took off. He examined his surroundings, and stared down at Fedler who was the only person left near the coffin, but ignored her to return his attention on the tentacles that had risen from the depth for a second attack. This time, the sea creature had a different idea in mind; to take the whole ship down with it.

The man in rags pulled Fedler away from one of the tentacles that was about to crush her, and used his remaining hand to block another tentacle. At the sight of Fedler being in danger, Mihai flew into rage and charged at the two tentacles blocking his path, using his Blessed nature to deal even more damage than he usually would, thus causing the slippy limbs to retreat momentarily. This is when the man in rags threw Fedler into the water, and immediately followed suit. By that point, Kira Paddle, the Lorinth agents, the squad memers, and most pirates and privateers that were still alive (not a lot) had already left the vessel, and the party knew they had to do the same, or they would soon become squid's dinner.

Nevertheless, Konrad made sure to dual-cast fire spells on one of the giant creature's tentacles; a souvenir to remember him by. The flames also reached the sails of the ship, and they started to spread everywhere despite the rain. Steve hurried to Zelk's side to check up on her, took her hand, and jumped off the ship like everyone else. The party members then heard Snicker's voice tell them with a half-reassuring, half-mocking tone, "I will take care of the rest."

They fell unconscious.

The party members wake up on a beach, separated from each other. It's daylight again, and there's not a cloud in the sky. By observing the position of the sun in the sky, it appears that it's around 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning. There is a big island in the distance, impossible to reach without a boat. Except that, there's a forest which they can enter.

OOC:
Breaking up the party splits into private RP.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:18 am

Finding Fedler (Mihai & Fredrick)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:20 am

So Close (Konrad, Naomi, Adam)
Konrad only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:25 am

Melting Ice (Steve & Zelk)
Steve:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:32 am

I Just Want Dinner (Mihai & Snicker)
Zeiss wrote:
Mihai only:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:32 am

Zeiss wrote:
Just as Mihai, Fredrick, and Fedler exit the forest, they see three other silhouettes walking the shoreline on their right. It's Konrad, Naomi, and Adam.
Party's reuniting!
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:33 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad waves at them. The other group they meet notice a sour expression twisting his face, with a twinge of something different. You've seen him somber, upset. Now, his eyes seem to tunnel through you when he looks at you. Overall, it still pales in comparison to what any of you may have seen on the ship, but his stare softens as he looks to his allies.

Sigh. I suppose if only one thing could go right today...

"Good, more than half of us are back together. We're looking for Kira - or the kid from the coffin, have you seen him?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:34 am

K wrote:
Mihai glances at Fedler and Fredrick.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:39 am

Zeiss wrote:
Zelk's squad members are quite happy to have found each other, and Fredrick repeatedly pats Adam on the back.

"Sure you're okay?" asks the roguish Free soldier. "You never struck me as a great swimmer."

"I fell unconscious," explains Adam.

"Yeah, me too," adds Naomi. "I don't know why..."

"Uh," wonders Fredrick. "Same for me."

To Konrad's question, Fredrick immediately answers.

"Oh, we saw the guy from the coffin alright. He... carried miss Melan to a nearby waterfall to..." He searches for the right word. "I don't really know why he did that. To take her to safety?"

The rest of the squad cannot help but frown in an incredulous manner.

The hunter is a little embarrassed to have all the attention on her. "I wouldn't know; I was unconscious, and he was already gone by the time I woke up."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:40 am

K wrote:
"Could've attacked us if he wanted, but just left. I think we should just leave him alone."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:40 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad raises an eyebrow. "And, you just let him walk away without saying a word? Don't you want to know what he wanted with her?"

"Did anyone see which way he went?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:41 am

Zeiss wrote:
"Somewhere in the forest," responds Fredrick, who shrugs the matter off. "Even if it took him great effort, that guy blocked one of those... tentacles. I didn't dare to talk to him."

Naomi shakes her head. "I wouldn't either."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:42 am

K wrote:
"Didn't have a chance to talk, and i was more worried about Fedler. I'm weird with my priorities like that. Sue me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:44 am

Rory wrote:
"Really. Well I, for one, am not afraid of a man who's not trying to kill me. Nor am I afraid to die for asking questions. So, you don't have to bother drawing straws. I'll speak to him myself."

Diplomacy
Konrad tries to get them recant their cowardice by belittling them.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:44 am

K wrote:
"No. If you really want to go that way, I'll do it. Heck, i'll even go in alone. I just won't draw my weapon against him. Any plan that entails attacking a guy that did nothing to me, i'll take no part in."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
For the first time, you can tell Konrad seems genuinely bewildered. If he's not, he hides it well. "Go what way?? I'm not going to kill him, mate. Who in their right mind would try, after what we saw?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:45 am

K wrote:
"Go the confronting him way, whatever from that might take. I noticed the way he glared at you back at he boat. And he saved Fedler, and if he did anything other than that, i'm the interested party. So i'll talk to him."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun 04 Aug 2019, 12:45 am

Zeiss wrote:
Right at this moment, the group notices two people on the shoreline coming from the west side of the island. It's Zelk and Steve.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
Mihai notices a conspicuous absence. - "Breeze is not with you either?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
"Ship," Konrad murmurs. The man will think what he wants to think.

"She might be with our 'Hercules' right now. Violent or not, you can't argue that his intentions are entirely peaceful."

I'm going to use my "sense mage" trick to find Breeze. He and Steve will probably be rolling for that while we're looking for Breeze.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Kolson wrote:
"Yo! Glad you guys are safe. Yeah, no Breeze. She was with us when we jumped into the water but we never made it there. Whatever happened we were never in the water."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Proxy War (Archive)
Page 9 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 28  Next