A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:42 am

Rory wrote:
"Thank you for coming back. Would either of you care for a drink?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:42 am

K wrote:
"I'm good, thank you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"...Maybe after," replies Fedler.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:43 am

Rory wrote:
He nods, then pours a drink from his bottle of imported rum.

As soon as he has finished said drink he says, "Mihai, I am very sorry for yelling at you. I got annoyed, but I ruined the mood and as you can see I sent everyone packing at different times. I said some very nasty things about you after you left, and I am sorry for saying them. It was all uncalled for."

"Fedler, I am sorry for the way I have treated your boyfriend. It was savage behavior and very patronizing, and I would not like anyone to treat me or my friends that way. I never meant to speak for you, but I understand if you saw it that way."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:43 am

K wrote:
That, Mihai wasn't prepared for - "I'm not sure what to say... but sure." - he manages - "Accepted."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler exchanges a surprised look with Mihai, as she is also taken aback by this turn of events, but then quickly refocuses on Konrad. Breeze is listening attentively, not daring to say a word.

"Yes, apology accepted," she responds, uneasy. "And... I guess I should also apologize. For threatening you."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:44 am

Rory wrote:
"Thank you."

"Wonderful. Now, I'd like to pick up where we left off to snag on another point. Mihai, why is the name of the man you bloodied in Lofell so significant that you would not wish to tell it to us?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:44 am

K wrote:
Mihai sighs - "Why is it so damn important that you know it? He's an asshole. Always was. Son of the Boss, used to having it his way all the time. His father is ten times the man he'll ever be. Maybe some things i'm just not willing to part with yet."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad smiles, blinks a few times, and answers, "It's not important to me. It's important to you, which I just can't wrap my head around. I don't understand what's so private about this little prick's name..."

"You know what irks me?" he continues. "Everyone knows what we both used to be, it's all out in the open - fun fact, what we used to be have more in common than you might think - yet I'm the one agonizing over how people view me now. How to deal with that. Next to that, what does it matter when I say my captain, now deceased, was Iron Luther? On the high seas, there's nothing more fierce, none more dreaded than a high-ranking Lorinthian navy officer turned pirate." Unless we're including natural disasters and bloody krakens. "The names from our pasts are nothing more than juicy details, pieces of a puzzle one no longer needs when they have the picture of the box right in front of them."

"But here you are agonizing over one little name. That's what irks me. I guess I'm just looking for a little reciprocation, in one form or another. What do you say, mate? Can you give me a little reciprocation?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:45 am

K wrote:
Tired, Mihai takes a breath before speaking up - "It was never about knowing or not knowing your past, Konrad. You took that Captain's chair without a second though, but didn't spare a second to think we should have known what we were putting our lives on the line for. Even forgetting about that, that you were risking your secret coming out at a critical time, and just sat on that powder keg while going on about courage and death. Every time you looked at us, you knew. When you went and talked to me that morning at Zest's gate, you knew. If at any time i'd known my past concerned the job that the team were risking their lives for, i'd have never let them do it in ignorance. And maybe that's just me, but i can never accept doing it the way you did."

Mihai sighs again, annoyed - "It's Griggs. Happy?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:45 am

Rory wrote:
"Griggs," he drawls, testing the sound of it. "Thank you. Thank you very much, mate. Perhaps one day I'll help you kill him. Would you like that? As a thank-you for helping me do the same, and otherwise tolerating my presence and my continued 'assumed leadership' of this adjunct? No really, I mean it."

Konrad places his elbows on the table and folds his arms. "But I think you ought to be more accepting. You weren't putting your lives on the line for some secret, in fact my little secret is what got us that job in the first place. I'm not asking you to thank me, only to recognize your good fortune because it's only thanks to me that Steve isn't serving jail time for writing some embarrassing letters which I'll admit, I didn't see that coming. You may not like it, but it's the truth. If you should be mad at anyone, it's the demon Snicker, who ruined everything for everyone. It called the kraken, remember? I just wanted everyone to forget about what I used to do, but that'll never happen now. A number of factors, primarily my temper, got in the way."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

K wrote:
"I'll kill him if i have to. I've seen what bloodlust does to a man, and i don't mean you. As for your 'assumed leadership' of my team, well... guess we'll deal with that as it comes."

"As for the rest, yeah, i want the snickering to end. Speaking of which, how long have the two of you been alone here now?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Fedler has been listening to this long conversation, but she appears expressionless; maybe a little tired. As for Breeze, she looks at Konrad, wondering if she should answer Mihai's question.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:46 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad deflates at being shrugged off.

"Half an hour." Not being liable enough to be chained up does not necessarily mean he's no longer a liability. "I'm shackled to the Coins, remember? And there are fairies everywhere. Stuffing one fairy inside my possessed mouth and getting a bounty put out on me isn't a very good plan when there are tons more that pose a threat. That's probably a waste of a good deal."
deleted an inner monologue
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:46 am

K wrote:
"Well, maybe let Breeze have a break if she needs to." - he recommends, then - "And about what you used to do, i can't change any of my past either. All i can do is try to do right by everyone right now; for whatever that's worth." - he confesses, then remembers something - "And Breeze, don't give any Love Globules to anyone outside the team for now. I'll explain later, when we're in a better spot. Otherwise, i think we're good here." - Mihai looks at Fedler for confirmation. If she's good to go, they'll leave the tavern.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:47 am

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze puts her finger on her upper lip when she hears Mihai's request. "Uh? Okay, I won't."

When Mihai turns to Fedler, she nods at him, and affirms, "Yes, I guess we're good. You two did most of the talking anyway..." She gets up from her chair. "Later Konrad. You know which inn we're at if you need us."

They both leave the tavern.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:48 am

Kolson wrote:
When Steve wakes up the next day he'll suggest to Zelk that they invite Konrad (and Breeze if she is with him) to breakfast, since he's staying at the same inn. He figures its better to get the apologies finished as soon as possible. That way they can also tell them about the ball in Walkerfree and that will take care of half the people they might invite.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:48 am

Zeiss wrote:
Konrad hears someone knock at his door. It's Steve.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Rory wrote:
Konrad is sort of dressed and messing with some rings when he hears a knock at the door. He puts the rings away and opens the door. "Good morning, Steve. Am I invited to brunch?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
"Oh, hey Steve!" exclaims Breeze, who is sitting on one of the pillows on the bed. She's happily waving at him.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:49 am

Kolson wrote:
"Hi guys. Yes, I was hoping both of you would join us for a late breakfast. You guys in?"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:49 am

Rory wrote:
"Of course."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:50 am

Kolson wrote:
"She's waiting for us downstairs. We can go as soon as you're ready." Steve will wait for them to finish their routines and then lead the way.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Sep 2019, 7:50 am

Rory wrote:
Konrad will shower and and join Steve and Zelk in the hotel dining area (or bar&grill).
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

Zeiss wrote:
Breeze takes a bath in the sink, using some shampoo to make bubbles. Once she and Konrad are ready, they go to the small restaurant adjacent to the inn and find the crazy couple there; Zelk and Steve are sitting at a table near one of the windows. The young woman is wearing a blue skirt that goes down to her ankles, and a white shirt with short sleeves.

"Hey Zelky!" says the little fairy, who immediately sits down between the pitcher of orange juice and a set of salt and pepper shakers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)   2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive) - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2nd Adventure: Sightseeing and Debrief (Archive)
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next