A very niche tabletop roleplaying forum.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Zeiss

Zeiss

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Empty
PostSubject: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:27 pm

12:04 PM, 6th of April 422
The Arena, Odwaz, Myr

Nadzieja, Zenobiusz and the three party members are now standing in a circle in a small room illuminated by magical torches. Before they left the terraces, their family and companions wished them good luck, and so did many of the people in the audience. Now they're left alone for ten minutes to come up with a strategy against Szef Duma and his champions.

Nadzieja is fidgeting in anticipation of the fight.

"Are you okay?" the white mage asks.

"I'm... just a little nervous," she says.
Back to top Go down
https://thedreamlands.forumotion.com
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:34 pm

"Forget about the complicated crap, it's just a fight. You know how to punch, so you'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:37 pm

When Mihai finishes saying that, the group can hear the crowd above them cheer loudly for something. Nadzieja glances at the ceiling and gulps down her saliva.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:38 pm

"Yeah, it'll be fine. Just imagine everyone is on fire and the only way to put them out is to blast them with ice magic. That works for me!"
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:42 pm

Konrad takes a swig of the Myrzen red.

"Most of them out there seem to want you to win, so try not to psyche yourself out. If you can't, well...just look brave." He swishes the bottle.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:50 pm

The young woman tries to stop her hands from trembling, all in vain. She shakes her head at Konrad's offer.

"Thank you for the advice," she says. "My hands aren't listening though." She takes a deep breath and steels herself. "Let's just talk about our strategy for the battle. Our time is limited."

"Sounds like a sensible idea," Zenobiusz says.

OOC:
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 10:56 pm

"Right, so ladies' man over there has 3 Aspects he can summon one after the other. If he decides to go all out, we might be dead in moments. I got something to handle them at my back, but maybe it's a better idea to just neutralize Duma himself as soon as possible. And what do you know, we got these."

Mihai pulls out a set of Woven Shackles. - "If our soon-to-be First can restrain him, we might be able to seal his power there and then. I was also thinking Petrify, if the mages think it'd work on him."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:01 pm

"That's pretty smart. All three of us have our own set of those. Steve should probably give his up since he won't be trying to engage in close quarters."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:08 pm

Steve shrugs and answers Mihai. "I mean, I might get lucky. But green mages are tougher than most mages and will be better at resisting this kind of spell. We'd be better off targeting one of his entourage. Like a White, Black, or Yellow Mage. Or maybe one of the little guys."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:09 pm

Nadzieja looks at the woven shackles and frowns. "I'd prefer we don't use this. It's... How do I say this." She searches for her words. "If we beat him using these cuffs, it'll make it a lot harder for me to rule Myr. People would always remind me that I couldn't beat him at his full power. At the very least, we'd have to use it after we've knocked him out."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:13 pm

Konrad shrugs. Politics suck. If it really would be an issue, it's something Zenon could hold over her head for as long as she remains First. "That may be preferable, then. What a spectacle we make of this, no?"

He pulls out the ring. "This can hold one maximized medium spell, at most. Steve, I would like you to charge it with Drain."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:20 pm

The black mage clearly doesn't like Nadzieja's objection but he can't really argue with it. Politics aren't always about logic and reason and he has to admit, beating Duma head on would make a statement. "I can do that Konrad, but are you sure you wouldn't have Petrify instead? It would work really well with that ring you have."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:28 pm

"You're right, it would." He gives him the ring. "We'll go with that, then. Go ahead."
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:34 pm

Steve takes the ring and casts the spell into it.

(Maximized Level 4 Petrify; Single Target DC 15 Fort Save or be petrified for 4 rounds. While petrified, target gains Magic DR relative to their size, with most medium creatures gaining 5 DR Magic. If the target takes a significant hit while petrified, as determined by GM, they are shattered and die instantly, remaining as stone pieces forever.)

"Just try to target a mage with it." He hands it back.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:36 pm

"I'll try, we'll see what happens." He takes off his ring of persuasion in front of the team, and puts on the ruby ring.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:41 pm

Mihai considers it, then sighs dejectedly - "After he's knocked out, then. Aspect can still move if he's unconscious, i'd rather not have to deal with that too. I'm sure the crowd will understand that we didn't want to kill him. If Konrad can soften him up with that spell he does that makes people really pissed, might make things easier for us. That or just Petrify whatever Mage they have handy. Steve... do the Steve thing and lay down the Stun on everyone so we don't have to kill them, i guess. Unless there's another good target to Petrify, i'd rather have their Casters quiet down as soon as possible."

He looks at Nadzieja

"I'll support you with Duma soon as i've taken care of whatever else is in the field, unless his Aspect decides he likes me. We should shackle him as soon as he's down. Steve, can you spare yours?"
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:46 pm

"Of course." He digs out his shackles and hands them to Nadzieja. "Please take good care of Sheila S. She's very important to me." When she looks at him confused by the name, he clarifies with a laugh, "Sheila Shackles!" He's quite pleased at himself for that joke and starts laughing about it to himself.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:47 pm

Konrad stifles a laugh at the description Mihai uses to specify Curse.

"Casters first, then. Of course. We should be careful that the other team might have the same idea."

Konrad laughs at the joke.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:55 pm

Zenobiusz is quite amused by the joke, although Nadzieja doesn't appear to get it. On the upside, she seems a lot calmer now. "Uh, yeah," she says. "I'll take good care of them."

She puts the handcuffs in her pocket and turns to face Konrad.

"Duma and his team will definitely go for Zenobiusz and Steve first. You two make sure to stay behind us."

"Yes, ma'am," the white mage says.
Back to top Go down
Kolson

Kolson

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:57 pm

Steve nods and says, "I'm well trained in the Way of the Meat Shield. Don't worry about me."
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:58 pm

"Perfect," Konrad purrs. "Let's go make history."
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeWed 17 Oct 2018, 11:59 pm

Mihai looks at Zenobiusz - "Worry about me. I am the Meat Shield." - Then he adjusts the handle on Waterglass, just out of habit.

"Let's go."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss

Zeiss

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 12:57 am

"I will, don't you even worry about that," Zenobiusz says with a smile.

The group irons out a few details such as what formation to take and inform each other of what everyone's abilities are. Soon, they hear someone knock at the door and tell them their time is up. Nadzieja breathes deeply and says, "Well... eyes on the prize."

Nadzieja and her four champions stand in the shadow of the southern entrance and look into the Arena through the bars of the iron gate. The crowd is as loud as ever, but so is the announcer.

"Ladiiiies and gentlemen! And the fairies too, we didn't forget about you. The time has finally come!"

The audience claps and cheers at this news.

"The first battle for the title of First will soon begin. And it is my absolute honor to introduce you to the fierce warriors who will fight here today!"

The gate slowly begins to rise in front of the party.

"In the southern end of the Arena; Nadzieja Zerva, Slayer of the Werewolf!"

The young monk tenses up, more nervous than ever, and steps first into the warm sunlight, expecting the rest of the party to follow her. The welcome she receives is so loud, the whole Arena would shake if it wasn't made of solid stone. She raises her fist into the air to identify herself to the people who have the highest seats.

"Her first champion, a renowned healer in Zdetermiwa and a pilgrim of the Fourteen; Zenobiuuusz Foooooorys!"

The white mage waves and smiles at the crowd, especially to the section of the terraces where the rest of his clansmen are seated. He seems overwhelmed by the attention he is receiving at the moment; around fifty thousand people are looking right at him at the moment.

"The next champions may not all be Myrzen, but they've certainly bled for this nation; I present you the three other Slayers of the Werewolf!"

Many more people stand up for the adventurers.
Back to top Go down
K

K

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 1:05 am

Mihai walks out, looks around. Can't help but feel uncomfortable at all the attention.
Back to top Go down
RorytheRomulan

RorytheRomulan

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitimeThu 18 Oct 2018, 1:13 am

All this noise, to prelude the clash of magic and steel. Konrad's inner child wants to cheer along with them. When he walks out, he looks up at the crowd, trying to see if he can spot anyone from where he is.

When he's close enough, he raises his voice to speak to Nadia. "At the other end is Zenon Duma. We're going to crush him, and we're going to win!"

Diplomacy 29 (natural)
She finds this person insufferable, so he's hoping to use that to pump her up and forget her nerves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor   Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Act 2: Upheaval IV - The Green Bachelor
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next